Interview Questions

Well, there wasn't much asked at my wife's interview two days ago. We were way over-prepared. She had photos, e-mails, love letters, phone bills, letters I sent to congressmen and the FBI, and they didn't ask for any of it. They asked her: (1) What does your husband do, (2) What do you do (3) How did you meet, and (4) how much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. That last one stumped her.

That was it. Perhaps seeing that we've been married 2.5 years meant something to the visa officer and he went easy on her.

Still, be very prepared. Always better to have too much documentation than not enough.

Sorry I don't have much else to share about the interview.

John

John,

Just like your wife, mine had her interview on Monday December 8th. They did not ask her much either. They asked her questions concerning my I-134 both submitted by me and my father. They asked if I was living with my father. She answered the question correctly plus she mentioned the fact that I sold everything (house, cars, etc...) before coming to China back in 2001. They asked her if she knows about my daughter and her name. They asked her about my brothers and sisters.

The interview lasted maybe between 3 and 5 minutes. Just like you, we were married for 2.5 years too. We had a son born in China now 21 months old. I am so very proud of her for I regret or feel bad leaving her to get reestablished here in the US.

Richard

Do they have woodchucks in China?  

Congratulations on your wife's successful interview and good luck for the future.

Very popular item on restaurant menus in Guangdong. ;)

That and Civet Cat. :blink:

Oh!! Is that what those were?

How much woodchuck can you upchuck if you could upchuck woodchuck... wood(?). Or, something along those lines. :P