traveling to china

Good day all. Another newbie question. I am filling out the form for the Chinese visa. This will be my first visit and I was wondering what I should put in for the number of entries? I am not sure how many trips may be required. Also I was wondering how specific I have to be on the "Cities to visit in a time sequence" has to be. I will arrive in Bejing and then travel Dalian city for sure, considering maybe one more. Also would be flying back out of Bejing, so would I have to list that again?

Thanks in advance.

David

Good day all. Another newbie question. I am filling out the form for the Chinese visa. This will be my first visit and I was wondering what I should put in for the number of entries? I am not sure how many trips may be required. Also I was wondering how specific I have to be on the "Cities to visit in a time sequence" has to be. I will arrive in Bejing and then travel Dalian city for sure, considering maybe one more. Also would be flying back out of Bejing, so would I have to list that again?

Thanks in advance.

David

If you can't put multiple visits and it wants an exact number I would put like 4 as it's good for a year if memory serves.

They will issue you the visa with out an exact number and will say multiple visits for 1 year.

Sometimes they will issue a 2 year if it's still available. I have also heard that you usually start off with a one year and your next visa application you might me eligible for a two year visa.

Edited by shadeOgray (see edit history)

Thanks in advance.

David

If you can't put multiple visits and it wants an exact number I would put like 4 as it's good for a year if memory serves.

They will issue you the visa with out an exact number and will say multiple visits for 1 year.

Sometimes they will issue a 2 year if it's still available. I have also heard that you usually start off with a one year and your next visa application you might me eligible for a two year visa.

I beleive the first Chinese visa you get is always single entry and subsequent can be multiple entries.

What part of China are you going to? If it's southern China you might put in Guilin, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. Since you would have to exit China to go to Hong Kong you would need a multiple entry visa to re-enter. Some consulates are more multiple entry friendly than others. I recommend using the Washington DC consulate and a visa service such as visarite.com The DC consulate seems to be a little more lenient for longer stays and multiple entry visas. I would ask for a 90 day stay multiple entry visa good for 2 years.

Thanks in advance.

David

I beleive the first Chinese visa you get is always single entry and subsequent can be multiple entries.

My first chinese visa was a 2 entry and was valid for 18 months, with a 30 day stay

Thanks in advance.

David

My first chinese visa was a 2 entry and was valid for 18 months, with a 30 day stay

So was mine, but when I entered China the immigration people changed it to a single entry. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

David

So was mine, but when I entered China the immigration people changed it to a single entry. :rolleyes:

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

What part of China are you going to? If it's southern China you might put in Guilin, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. Since you would have to exit China to go to Hong Kong you would need a multiple entry visa to re-enter. Some consulates are more multiple entry friendly than others. I recommend using the Washington DC consulate and a visa service such as visarite.com The DC consulate seems to be a little more lenient for longer stays and multiple entry visas. I would ask for a 90 day stay multiple entry visa good for 2 years.

Will be going to Beijing and Dalian for about 2 and 1/2 weeks total.

I requested multiple entry and it has been sent in. Thanks.

David

• 3 weeks later...

My first from DC was multi entry 30 day. My next I got from Houston and got a 1 year multi-entry 60-day.

I got the visa with no problems. It is my first and they gave me one year multi entry 90 day. :)

That went smooth, but the plane ticket not so smooth. American Airlines has canceled flights to Beijing from now to May 27. I will have to get a refund and had to buy another ticket on Continental which costs over $450 more because so close to May 23 departure.

I got the visa with no problems. It is my first and they gave me one year multi entry 90 day. :)

That went smooth, but the plane ticket not so smooth. American Airlines has canceled flights to Beijing from now to May 27. I will have to get a refund and had to buy another ticket on Continental which costs over $450 more because so close to May 23 departure.

That sucks! Do you know why they cancelled flights for almost a month?

{edit} Repaired broken quote tags.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
I got the visa with no problems. It is my first and they gave me one year multi entry 90 day. :ranting:

That sucks! Do you know why they cancelled flights for almost a month?

{edit} Repaired broken quote tags.

No, I talked to American Airlines and they gave no reason.