Robert, is she here yet?? If not when does she arrive?

We will file Na's AOS in May. That is still within the 90 days. We already applied for the SSC but we have to get the name changed on it when it gets here........we had not recieved the CERTIFIED copy of the marriage certificate in the mail when we went to apply.

Robert

hey, robert

Do you know how long it will take for marriaged couple to get the certified copy of the marriage certificate?

We are waiting for sending AOS application off soon.

Thanks

V

It all depends on where you get married, some places like Las Vegas you can get it when you turn in the executed marriage license. Others like Hawaii can take WEEKS to get.

Here in NY State, we had ours 2 days after marriage, in the mail.

Again you should make a photo copy of the certificate and send the photo-copy in with the I-485, and KEEP the original certificate or certified copy for your records.

Thanks very much, Don. we got married on Mar. 20th in a church and we are still waiting for the marriage certificate.Hopefully it will come soon. Thank very so much for the reply.

We will file Na's AOS in May. That is still within the 90 days. We already applied for the SSC but we have to get the name changed on it when it gets here........we had not recieved the CERTIFIED copy of the marriage certificate in the mail when we went to apply.

Robert

hey, robert

Do you know how long it will take for marriaged couple to get the certified copy of the marriage certificate?

Thanks

V

We got married at the Courthouse in Florida and got our marriage certificates on the spot.

We got married in church, I don't know if it will take longer time. I hope I can get the certified copies soon.Thanks a lot for your reply.

Robert

hey, robert

Thanks

V

Takes 1 week in GA

Thanks Robert.

I wonder if your wife has changed to your last name?

I changed my Chinese last name to my husband's last name when we got married.

I wonder what can I do with my passport name when I go back?

Thanks very much.

Robert

hey, robert

Thanks

V

Takes 1 week in GA

Thanks Robert.

I wonder if your wife has changed to your last name?

I changed my Chinese last name to my husband's last name when we got married.

I wonder what can I do with my passport name when I go back?

Thanks very much.

She changed her last name to mine and now uses her Chinese last name as her middle name.

Sorry it took so long to answer

If I remember right, she gets here April 2 or 3. I can bet Robert is getting very anxious right now.

So Robert, what did you decide on the big wedding plans? Is a trip to Vegas in the cards. Maybe you can just roll into town, but don't crap out before the big shin dig.

I will give you the same advise I gave Michael. "Sometimes the adjustment can be hard. Remember, she left everything behind to start this new life with you. She is taking a big leap of faith. My best advise is do not work on making her happy. You will fail miserably. Instead, just be as supportive as possible. Be there in any way and at any time she needs you. Do not tell her you love her. This means nothing to a Chinese woman as to them it is just words. You will be miles ahead just to show her how much you love her. Then the occasional "I Love You" has so much more meaning."