Great fares, great airlines

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blsqueaky
When I flew to China last march the China Southern flight was a Delta code share

Carl, this now really has me thinking. last trip over was United and Asiana, and back was Asiana and Delta, I think, it might have been the other way around. Have to find old tickets, but I just might have some frequent miles laying around that I do not have credited. I think time for me to look for these. I might just have a free flight sitting here that I not even know about. :o :o

When I flew to China last march the China Southern flight was a Delta code share

Carl, this now really has me thinking. last trip over was United and Asiana, and back was Asiana and Delta, I think, it might have been the other way around. Have to find old tickets, but I just might have some frequent miles laying around that I do not have credited. I think time for me to look for these. I might just have a free flight sitting here that I not even know about. :o :o

Just a little reminder about Delta's frequent flyer program. Frist, they won't credit miles for a flight more than 6 months old. Second, they won't credit miles if the name on the ticket is different from your FF account name. This happened to me because the name on my passport (used for ticketing) is different from the name for my FF account.

Guest blsqueaky

Just a little reminder about Delta's frequent flyer program. Frist, they won't credit miles for a flight more than 6 months old. Second, they won't credit miles if the name on the ticket is different from your FF account name. This happened to me because the name on my passport (used for ticketing) is different from the name for my FF account.

Thanks Frank for the info. My last flight was June, and I know that I flew back by way of Asiana, and I think from LAX by way of Delta. I will have to ask them when I check in this Wednesday. I use the same name always as on my credit card, my passport and my DL. For me keeps it simple.

Dean, you just brought up a suggestion for me to try. Since now Delta and NW are sharing miles, I am going to try and use my NW elite status,  and see if I can board with the first class and business. Heck, it will not hurt to try.

Plus, I do have a profile with NW

blsqueaky, are you leaving the 17th for Shanghai?? Have a great time, and a very Merry Christmas..

http://www.gifs.net/animate/300light.gif

Guest blsqueaky

Yes PJ, if you book a flight on Delta, you can use your NW frequent flyer card and have the miles put on it. This just happened in June. Go to NWA website, and they are saying all of their code share partners that you can use.

blsqueaky,

Thanks for the info, and have a nice trip later this week (tomorrow?!). If you don't mind me asking, which route are you flying?

The reason I'm curious is I've accumulated a lot of NWA worldperks miles. However, I am hesitant to fly NWA to visit my fiancee in February because all their hubs seem to be in cold-weather places. Just a typical rule I follow ... I don't want to change planes in Minneapolis or Detroit and get snowed in.

That's why I'm looking into Delta. Flights from Delta to HK seem to go by way of Atlanta, or LA (no way of getting snowed in there).

Actually, I'm kinda bummed about ticket prices. Best I can find is about $850, RT Tampa/HK. Last time, I managed to get $600 r/t, after taxes and fees. :greenblob:

Oh ... what is a "code share" anyway? I noticed some of the Delta flights were marked as "code share". If you're accumulating NWA miles for your flights on Delta, do you still get them even if it is a "code share" flight?

Thanks,

P.J.

Guest blsqueaky

Well Hey there PJ,

Yes, I leave in the afternoon. From what I understand, Delta and NWA joined in June of this year, and from what their web site, and also their recordoing that you get to listen to when on hold, they say that if you have to book a flight on Delta, give Delta your world perks number, and it will be cridited to your NW card

My route this time is Columbus to Cincinattii, then to LAX and direct to GZ, and back the same way.

I can understand about the prices. I had to delay about my trip due to work, and my price went from $879 up to $1200, and then I could not even get back home when I wanted.

One thing I found out PJ was that when I was searching the web for flights, I ended up calling Delta direct, yes on the phone, and received a better price.

Now as far as "code share" if I understand correctly, is is like my flight, I will fly to LAX by way of Delta, then China Southern to GZ, and this is like there partner, and you still get the miles, since you booked with Delta. I may be wrong with this. PJ, look at NW web site, and they can explain this better then me.

Now before I forget, good luck on your flight and your trip.