The Biggest Problem Facing the US

Stepbrow

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tony n Terrific

Many talented people young an old view the rising economies of India and China as America was in 1900.

All the laws now that have been put in the works have stifled many young minds and the promoters. Look at the Bullshit you have to go through to hire a person in the US. Look at all the crap you have to disclose in a job posting. I do business with the world largest tire maker, my customer showed me the crap he has to show his workers from walking in snow and ice to how lift objects properly and they have to sign that they read it. You want to downsize employees start with these quacks that write this. They have never done a days hard work in their lives. This is waisted time and time is money. The privacy laws that are really obtrusive and stifling to business. Today I can not ask for referal from one of my customers because of the privacy laws. I still ask and they can go to hell if with their politically correctness.

I agree that the consumptive model has to change... but part of that may come about due to the now more global outlook workers take. I think it's a natural shift; people leave for reasons, although often it is as simple as money.

I would rather people leave for sensible reasons than be attracted to stay for non-sensible ones. Hopefully the middle way is found.

It's a very important problem...

Before, people used to come to the US for an education and then stay, and the ones who went back were the selfless people who mainly wanted to give back to their country. Now, it's turning into the most motivated and business-oriented who come to the US solely for education and then return home for the opportunities. Sad to say, but this is basically the model my wife and I are following...

Guest Pommey

Everything changes, the USA maybe is not viewed by many as the "land of opportunity" it once was.

One problem "the economy" second "developed countries" seem to have a problem with over regulation, tons of taxes/fees, out of control

bureaucracy,legal systems that seem to be only constructive to a certain profession.

Whereas "developing countries" are by definition not so stagnant if you get my drift.

Hopefully there still will be some part of the country where people of high characters choose to gather and stay. The high characters are not to measured by educational degree but by how people want to devote and love and protect this land. Such as, when these people drive, they choose to drive courteously, not to tail others, not to be over fast; such as, everybody cares about evironment and tries his/her best not to make damage to the water, land and air; such as every family mind educating their kids and feel ashamed of raising kids rudely, harmful to the society, etc.

Hopefully there still will be some part of the country where people of high characters choose to gather and stay. The high characters are not to measured by educational degree but by how people want to devote and love and protect this land. Such as, when these people drive, they choose to drive courteously, not to tail others, not to be over fast; such as, everybody cares about evironment and tries his/her best not to make damage to the water, land and air; such as every family mind educating their kids and feel ashamed of raising kids rudely, harmful to the society, etc.

I am not sure I have ever found myself to disagree with you... but I feel you are describing Camelot.

If the people of high character are at the point of "deciding".... it's already too late. You want the people of high character to not even need to approach deciding anything; it's already decided. No thought necessary.

Your describing an ethical or moral world... that is more a man-made world than people following natural inclinations.

I am not sure I have ever found myself to disagree with you... but I feel you are describing Camelot.

If the people of high character are at the point of "deciding".... it's already too late. You want the people of high character to not even need to approach deciding anything; it's already decided. No thought necessary.

Your describing an ethical or moral world... that is more a man-made world than people following natural inclinations.

:lol: :D Interesting. Mr. induced Geminian, you are more philosophical than other geminians here on CFL. Nice. You disagree with me or not, I don't worry about it as long as you have logical thoughtful opions for me to read, and sure you have, which is nice. That is why I ever searched your posts to read, since I don't read posts that kinda are purely waste of time and could not teach me much. :D

I like Comelot. In this mundane, you have to tolerate some people who try to kiss your car's butt when you drive; poke their nose to the details of your life(they are not your family members or your best friends); spit or even pee anywhere they want; give very stupid comment before they do the necessary search(of course some of them don't have the brain to research)...etc, very much. I don't want to be cynical. That is one of the reasons why Weng Fan (28) married to Yang (82), because Yang could take her to a world that she could stay away from those low people in my examples. He lives in the area with very intelligent well-educated broad-minded people. These people learned too much and know mumdane too well and want to live away from those low people(not measured by degree but by behavior). They seek same type of living environment, the type as mentioned in my first post in this thread. If Weng Fan doesn't want to go out of home, she is just living in a paradise. Many people take man's erection as a big issue and remark it a lot, but that erection issue is not as important to a woman who minds spiritual world most. Everybody conceives his/her own ideal living world.

But, actually, you are right Mr. Induced Geminian, most part of this world was already decided. So if you want to find the part as I mentioned, probably you must have outstanding achievement which enable you to join a different world resided by similar people, which is totally different from the mundane that I mentioned.

Guest Pommey

Just wondering Finart, but have you considered what is "high" and "low" in your mind might not be a universily shared belief ?

Elitism is a dangerous road whether its justified from wealth, class, education or whatever.

Hello, Mr. Noble British Piscian, as so humble are you who didn't include yourself into elite group, so am I. I am not elite either. You are welcome to be my neigbour if you would like to. :D :D :D

But, one can always dream, can't one? The Camelot or somewhere I mentioned in my former posts are my dreamed place. I might not be albe to live in that area for the rest of my life. But, I am dreamer, LOL B) B) :lol: and I live in my deam, might like you in your signature. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I totally agree with this guys reasoning on this. The US must adopt a sustainable economic model as opposed to trying to continue the current consumptive one. Also the US must keep and continue to attract the best and brightest graduating students.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bw/1012b4171089657664

Dont worry I am still here.

Glad to hear it Mike. Maybe I overreacted. Things probably are not as bad as they seem. :redmad:

I totally agree with this guys reasoning on this. The US must adopt a sustainable economic model as opposed to trying to continue the current consumptive one. Also the US must keep and continue to attract the best and brightest graduating students.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bw/1012b4171089657664

Dont worry I am still here.

Glad to hear it Mike. Maybe I overreacted. Things probably are not as bad as they seem. :(

Your right......there worse :redmad:

:P :P Interesting. Mr. induced Geminian, you are more philosophical than other geminians here on CFL. Nice. You disagree with me or not, I don't worry about it as long as you have logical thoughtful opions for me to read, and sure you have, which is nice. That is why I ever searched your posts to read, since I don't read posts that kinda are purely waste of time and could not teach me much. :D

I like Comelot. In this mundane, you have to tolerate some people who try to kiss your car's butt when you drive; poke their nose to the details of your life(they are not your family members or your best friends); spit or even pee anywhere they want; give very stupid comment before they do the necessary search(of course some of them don't have the brain to research)...etc, very much. I don't want to be cynical. That is one of the reasons why Weng Fan (28) married to Yang (82), because Yang could take her to a world that she could stay away from those low people in my examples. He lives in the area with very intelligent well-educated broad-minded people. These people learned too much and know mumdane too well and want to live away from those low people(not measured by degree but by behavior). They seek same type of living environment, the type as mentioned in my first post in this thread. If Weng Fan doesn't want to go out of home, she is just living in a paradise. Many people take man's erection as a big issue and remark it a lot, but that erection issue is not as important to a woman who minds spiritual world most. Everybody conceives his/her own ideal living world.

But, actually, you are right Mr. Induced Geminian, most part of this world was already decided. So if you want to find the part as I mentioned, probably you must have outstanding achievement which enable you to join a different world resided by similar people, which is totally different from the mundane that I mentioned.

Maybe we should of meet in another life; or we did... but this is this life.

We can talk/discuss/debate higher brain issues all day.. in the end, I will personally try and take the lower brain (dan tian) reaction if I still can. that means, I understand dreams, achievements, and character, but there are just man-made words meant to try and define life. And moralism/character is not a good argument in my book... Ultimately, words don't define life. We don't need them to really communicate but to debate :D

If I truly want to understand or feel you, I can do that energetically and naturally.

Here's the deal; if someone drives by.... they drive by. I have no thought if they drive by courteously or with character. Who really cares. how does that improve my life to worry or think about another driving by and their influence on my thinking or emotions? That is a societal pattern symptomatic of idealizing life... but I'm aware enough to realize that what I present as my thought is itself an ideal, to myself.

In the end, it is all mental, emotional, and psychological patterns which we operate by. If one ever gets to the point of realizing this control over their lives, then it's time to undo the patterns. Otherwise, most will go along with the flow or idealize a higher standard. But I feel you are actually somewhere in-between the ideal and real, and so know it both.