Learning English

3timescharm

My wife loves Ross Dress for Less and any/all outlet malls.

She can usually find something in the clearance racks for me, her, or family members. Sometimes we spend a whole day at an outlet mall and end up with just a few articles of clothing, but she enjoys shopping, I enjoy being with her, and it is a cheap way to spend a day out of the house and out of town.

Look-look. I do a lot of that with my tai tai. Spend hours going store to store and come home empty handed. She thinks it was a good day of shopping. :lol:

I have also noticed that my Na loves to shop....but not spend :D . I love my Chinese wife :D

Fen is the same way.

If it is something that she really wants then money is no object.

Before she came to the US she asked what she should get for my bro and I told her to get him a silk tie (thinking it will be cheaper in China). Well she got one for him and one for me.

A couple of weeks ago I asked her how much they were. $70 each. :lol:

Hell of a lot cheaper in the US. :eyebrow:

Edited to add:

Last week I took her to Applebees. I ordered a beer and she did not want anything to drink so she asked for a glass of water.

After our drinks were served she turns to me and whispers is the water FREE :lol:

Edited by Sam and Fen (see edit history)

She can usually find something in the clearance racks for me, her, or family members. Sometimes we spend a whole day at an outlet mall and end up with just a few articles of clothing, but she enjoys shopping, I enjoy being with her, and it is a cheap way to spend a day out of the house and out of town.

Look-look. I do a lot of that with my tai tai. Spend hours going store to store and come home empty handed. She thinks it was a good day of shopping. :lol:

I have also noticed that my Na loves to shop....but not spend :D . I love my Chinese wife :D

Fen is the same way.

If it is something that she really wants then money is no object.

Before she came to the US she asked what she should get for my bro and I told her to get him a silk tie (thinking it will be cheaper in China). Well she got one for him and one for me.

A couple of weeks ago I asked her how much they were. $70 each. :lol:

Hell of a lot cheaper in the US. :eyebrow:

Edited to add:

Last week I took her to Applebees. I ordered a beer and she did not want anything to drink so she asked for a glass of water.

After our drinks were served she turns to me and whispers is the water FREE :lol:

My wife keeps asking me when I will take her back to Chillies. She ate her food and half of mine :D

How do your Chinese wives feel about second-hand shops for clothes? Is there a cultural aversion to this kind of thing?

Tim "All my shirts come from Goodwill" :angry:

I think A Mafan and some other people were saying a while back about how their wives would never let their bodies come into contact with a second-hand garment. But my wife doesn't mind at all. Some of her favorite shirts and also a pair of pants that she bought in America were from second-hand stores. Anywhere you put her, she'll find at least one or two pieces of clothing she likes.

Look-look. I do a lot of that with my tai tai. Spend hours going store to store and come home empty handed. She thinks it was a good day of shopping. :blink:

We just spent 2 hours at the mall becoz she NEEDS a handbag.

Unfortunately the one she is going to like has not been manufactured yet. :P

How do your Chinese wives feel about second-hand shops for clothes? Is there a cultural aversion to this kind of thing?

Tim "All my shirts come from Goodwill" :rolleyes:

When we get back to the USA we will see ... I dont mind shopping at second hand stores for clothes or even shoes. However, based on what I have seen and heard here, I will be surprised if she accepts buying and wearing second hand clothing...on the other hand she really does not spend much money and does not even like to shop too much (she likes it but not so much that I get tired of going).

Tim "All my shirts come from Goodwill" :Dah:

I think A Mafan and some other people were saying a while back about how their wives would never let their bodies come into contact with a second-hand garment. But my wife doesn't mind at all. Some of her favorite shirts and also a pair of pants that she bought in America were from second-hand stores. Anywhere you put her, she'll find at least one or two pieces of clothing she likes.

If my wife knows where they come from: no problem. Hand-me-downs are great.

But if it is second-hand from a store...did the previous owner die? Were they sick? Did they have cancer? Did they bathe regularly?

I think most Americans would not feel comfortable buying used underwear. At least, I wouldn't. It just seems icky. That is very similar to how my wife feels about 2nd-hand clothes when she doesn't know the previous wearer.

But if it is second-hand from a store...did the previous owner die? Were they sick? Did they have cancer? Did they bathe regularly?

I think most Americans would not feel comfortable buying used underwear. At least, I wouldn't. It just seems icky. That is very similar to how my wife feels about 2nd-hand clothes when she doesn't know the previous wearer.

Yeah, underwear is over a line that few would dare to cross if they didn't need to...

All the questions about death, cancer, etc. I personally find very easy to forget about. I wouldn't bring them up to my wife, though, as I'm pretty sure it would affect her. She's a little more superstitious than I am...

Yeah, underwear is over a line that few would dare to cross if they didn't need to...

All the questions about death, cancer, etc. I personally find very easy to forget about. I wouldn't bring them up to my wife, though, as I'm pretty sure it would affect her. She's a little more superstitious than I am...

I don't bring up those issues. Those are the issues she cited in not wanting to try 2nd-hand clothing at all.

Lusheng LOVES going to the thrift stores looking for clothes.