No interview date yet...

Since I saw all those November P3's getting interview dates on 001, thought I'd give DOS a ring to see what was up with our application. Fortunately I got someone who was pretty friendly and got to chat with her a bit.

Looks like GZ had sent out a flurry of P3's in early November and we were at the tail end. Plus Penny was out of town and wasn't able to turn the P3 around for a few days. There was someone who got their P3 in on 11/19 got just got assigned a 1/29 interview date. Ours got in on 11/20 and didn't get entered into the computer until 12/1. Since they do this in waves, being late one day makes a big difference... :(

The good thing is that we're all clear and the status in the computer shows that she's now eligible for an interview date assignment. :lol: So hopefully when they start assigning interview dates again in early January, we'll get one. Although I was hoping that we could have gotten in an interview in late January, I guess the good thing is now her interview date won't fall during the Spring Festival. I'd hate to be running around in a strange new city trying to get errands done with all the tourists crowding in Guangzhou.

Just hope SARS doesn't break out again...

Jerry

We're still waiting.. They've confirmed receipt of the forms, but haven't processed them yet. Its been about a week now. I'm having CaiYun fax our forms over to make absolutely sure they have them and I'll be sending them e-mail towards the end of this week.

The up-side to this is it looks like our interview will be towards the beginning of February (which will make an even year since I sent off our I-129F), so no worries about flying into HK in the middle of Chinese New Years and tickets should be pretty cheap.

I'm actually hoping for an early February interview at this point, since mid January is probably out of the question. I hadn't thought about travel arrangements much but you make a good point. It's probably going to be a pain finding lodging during Chinese New Year. I've been to China during all the major holidays in February, May, and October, and the tourist crowds just seem larger and larger each time. No doubt at all the economy is booming...

Jerry

Great news indeed Jerry! Hope you get your interview soon. As for GZ during Spring Festival....been there, done that. Don't want to again. When Owen and I visited the Consulate last February it was at the height of the travel season. Found hotel with no problem but prices of everything goes up during the holiday season.