Newark (EWR) POE

UPDATE:

I was able to get Jingjing in the door without putting her in my carry-on.

Here's how it went down.

At EWR, I accompanied her through the visitor's line. An officer saw us together, walked over to a vacant booth and waved us to his location (basically, we got to leap frog over several people). He was a really friendly guy who mentioned that our brown folder had a lot of stuff in it. He commended Jingjing on making me carry it for her. He had Jingjing give her finger prints through a digital scanner - and, took her picture.

After that he accompanied Jingjing and I to another room (down the elevator - yes, I got to go with her) where we sat for 3 minutes. After a brief sat, another officer called Jingjing over and made her giver her finger prints again and that was it. No further questions just a nice "Welcome to the United States" and we were off.

It took about five minutes to complete the initial arrival immigrant processing and get Jingjing's entry visa endorsed. Simple simple simple.

Great News!! Glad you guys made it safely!!!!

UPDATE:

Here's how it went down.

At EWR, I accompanied her through the visitor's line. An officer saw us together, walked over to a vacant booth and waved us to his location (basically, we got to leap frog over several people). He was a really friendly guy who mentioned that our brown folder had a lot of stuff in it. He commended Jingjing on making me carry it for her. He had Jingjing give her finger prints through a digital scanner - and, took her picture.

After that he accompanied Jingjing and I to another room (down the elevator - yes, I got to go with her) where we sat for 3 minutes. After a brief sat, another officer called Jingjing over and made her giver her finger prints again and that was it. No further questions just a nice "Welcome to the United States" and we were off.

It took about five minutes to complete the initial arrival immigrant processing and get Jingjing's entry visa endorsed. Simple simple simple.

That is a great story and happy ending...best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Here's how it went down.

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! My wife Qin and I are scheduled to arrive in Newark on March 26th. I will do exactly what you did and hope for the same results!

Mark

UPDATE:

Here's how it went down.

Wow this was really good. Congrats to the both of you. That is Wonderful news.

Michael :)