Wife will be here in 46 hours

Hi My wife is big into Chinese tradition and I will pick her up at the airport on Friday afternoon. I wanted to have our house ready for her so here is what I was thinking if I forgot anything please fill me in

A dozen roses on the table at home. I cannot bring them to the airport the sheer cold will kill them

Candles not sure what scent to get I don't know what she likes if anybody has any suggestions. I know everybody is different however what I don't want to get something she might not like.

Rose pedals for the bed.

Should I carry her over the threashold like you do when your first married? Also should I bring her in threw the front door or the door in the garage?

and of course the house will be very clean. any other suggestions woudl be very helpful. Thanks

That's really good news! I know you're excited and you have a right to be. Anticipation rules!......... :)

Flowers are a good idea but don't worry about to much. Your wife will know what to do. Just make her feel at home. Be reserved but show her around and make her feel comfortable.

Again,,, great news! I'm happy for you. Now go have fun!........... :lol:

Hi My wife is big into Chinese tradition and I will pick her up at the airport on Friday afternoon. I wanted to have our house ready for her so here is what I was thinking if I forgot anything please fill me in

A dozen roses on the table at home. I cannot bring them to the airport the sheer cold will kill them

Candles not sure what scent to get I don't know what she likes if anybody has any suggestions. I know everybody is different however what I don't want to get something she might not like.

Rose pedals for the bed.

Should I carry her over the threashold like you do when your first married? Also should I bring her in threw the front door or the door in the garage?

and of course the house will be very clean. any other suggestions woudl be very helpful. Thanks

Yes, and I hope your wife is well prepared for the COLD. Bring a HEAVY coat if you have one! Probably some blankets for keeping worm in the car.

As for the carry over threshold be very careful about ICE!

Rose pedals for the bed.

Good luck Bryon, Everything will be fine.

If by bringing the car into the garage so it is warmer for her to enter the house then by all means do so. As for candles I'm sure she has her own preferences but I think everyone likes the smell of roses. I agree on having the house a comfortable temperature for her arrival. Today is not the day to save money on heat. I wouldn't worry about doing too much cleaning. No matter how hard you try it will never be clean enough.

new red sheets for the bed, new bed if any other women has slept on the one you got.

Huge heavy choppy knife, that can cut a hummer in half with one swing.

sanitary towels (un-opened box fool)

and sell the vacuum it will never be used

oh and in your case be ready for massive heating bills

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)

Goodluck and do not bother with any shopping.

Just as an example (and trust me I can go on)

Before Fen came I went out and got bath towels and wash cloths, shower curtain and bathroom mats all color coordinated.......

what a waste........she just took her towel out and replaced it with what she got from China. :D

new red sheets for the bed, new bed if any other women has slept on the one you got.

Huge heavy choppy knife, that can cut a hummer in half with one swing.

sanitary towels (un-opened box fool)

and sell the vacuum it will never be used

oh and in your case be ready for massive heating bills

My wife uses one but she doesn't call it a vacuum, or a vacuum cleaner. She calls it a "dust-catcher". She has me calling it a dust-catcher now. :D

Or, if you ever thought about another woman when you were in it....

Or, if another woman may have thought about you in it....

Or, if you want HER in it.....

GET A NEW BED!!!

Listen to these two advice. Red sheets and new bed.

Also about the roses: One rose represents that 'you are my only love'; two, 'only we two in the world'; three, the three moving words 'I love you'; and nine, 'everlasting love'

The USA traditional dozen roses means nothing. I would go with 3 or 9 roses and tell her Wo Ai Ni when you give them to her.

Best of luck and glad to hear you are almost there!!