Government Workers

C4Racer

Just have to wonder how they actual survive in this world.

Has to be that they landed a government job.

Don't get me wrong. There are quite a few that get the job done.

Others though only put in hours. You know they couldn't get a job where they would actually be graded on the job they did.

My wife and I took her mother to the SSN office today. We had applied for a SSN card for her mother back at the end of Dec. No card so WTF. We gotta have the number for taxes. The first lady asks where is your receipt? I said, we just kind of found time on spur of the moment. It is back home somewhere not sure where. OMG, you would have thought her world ended. She started to explain how she could do nothing without the receipt and how we must have gotten one. The only thing that can be done is start the whole process over. I wanted to ask her WTF is that computer on your desk for, can't you just look it up in that thing?

So we go get a form, get back in line and wait. A little later the nice guard comes over and gives me a new number. He mentions how we will be called by another very shortly. Sure enough. Our number is called in less than a minute. The guard goes over and explains to this gal what is up. We go over. Give her the form. She takes the information, types on her computer for a short while and announces that my wife's mother already has a number. She can reissue a new card and print out the number for us to have before we leave. I was so close to asking her WTF couldn't the first gal do this? But needing that number, I just held my tongue. Thanked her and the guard when we were all done, since they actually know how to do their job.

My wife is still making comment about how she thought the first gal was stupid.

Sounds like the Virginia Department of Transportation here. On my fourth trip for a simple new title for an old vehicle, I mentioned something about my cat. The lady whipped up my Title real quick. Sure glad she was a cat person, did not ask for any of the BS stuff the other 3 workers had ask for...................Bob..................