China has a new milk scare

Guest Tony n Terrific

2020 update - click here

I hope they get the shotgun verdict too. It was just pure unadulterated greed. The original tainted milk was not destroyed, but was held back by the companies that made it, and that is the product that is back on the market. 170 tons worth. Makes you wonder why it was not confiscated and destroyed. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100208/ap_on_...na_tainted_milk

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

How can this continue to go on? In the name of profit or stupidity. Time and time again China has shown the world it has along way to go.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100203/wl_as..._20100203120324

Absolutely agree; having said that, these kinds of reports and (hopefully) lots of news coverage of them in China is a step in the right direction. :cheering:

This is the "dark side" of some of the freedoms (i.e., lack of regulation) discussed on another thread... :ph34r:

Well it proves that capital punishment isn't a very effective deterrent. I mean they hung those assholes involved with the last incident.

And what have we done with the other 9 incidents involving US citizens and US companies....???

We should have castrated them!!!

It ain't no deterrent but it sure does make everyone else feel good. (It does me).

Well it proves that capital punishment isn't a very effective deterrent. I mean they hung those assholes involved with the last incident.

And what have we done with the other 9 incidents involving US citizens and US companies....???

It ain't no deterrent but it sure does make everyone else feel good. (It does me).

:lol:

Stop stealing Carl's line. :D

I was just saving bandwidth Donnie. :P
  • 5 months later...

Why would any red-blooded Chinese dump (perhaps tons) of milk powder --- which they paid Cash for--- when they can just heavily discount it --- and cut their losses?

And realistically--- VERY few were actually executed ... (maybe not even the right ones....)

........got to weigh the personal risks... against the the bottom line......

My wife's family has requested that I send them powered milk from the USA for the last few years. They are certainly afraid of Chinese powdered milk and probably will always be. :whistling:

OH!!! Now I understand why my wife insisted that we carry these gigantic cans of powdered milk with us.

In July 2001 in the airport in Abu Dhabi we were waiting for our plane and I gave Ping a nice chunk of money and told her to go to the duty free shops and find something she liked. I had already found a pashmina cashmere scarf for her mother. So I'm waiting for her to come back, trying to keep control of all our stuff (remember this was before there were restrictions on hand carried items) and here she comes almost bowed over with the weight of what she has bought, which were these mega-huge, seemed like 5-gallon, incredibly heavy cans of milk powder which she has bought to give to her family members. This was heavy gauge steel these were made of, damn, you could build a car with 7 of them. When we got to Hong Kong for our connection, late, the desk agents told us where our departing plane's gate was and that they were supposed to be waiting for us but they were not sure if they would and they told us, "Run." Oh my God, tearing thru the vast airport with so many shoulder bags and plus trying to carry these canisters of what felt like depleted uranium, it nearly killed me. At least now I understand what it was all about: She knew that Chinese milk powder was no good.

Unbelievable.

The Ministry of Health announced July 13 at a press conference that the National Food Safety Inspection Office discovered 25,000 tons of tainted milk powder in February, which authorities failed to destroy after the tainted milk scandal in 2008.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-taint...hina-2010-07-14

Hey, it's jez dem guvmint werkers not doin der job. Wut's new 'bout that?

My wife's family has requested that I send them powered milk from the USA for the last few years. They are certainly afraid of Chinese powdered milk and probably will always be. :D

OH!!! Now I understand why my wife insisted that we carry these gigantic cans of powdered milk with us.

In July 2001 in the airport in Abu Dhabi we were waiting for our plane and I gave Ping a nice chunk of money and told her to go to the duty free shops and find something she liked. I had already found a pashmina cashmere scarf for her mother. So I'm waiting for her to come back, trying to keep control of all our stuff (remember this was before there were restrictions on hand carried items) and here she comes almost bowed over with the weight of what she has bought, which were these mega-huge, seemed like 5-gallon, incredibly heavy cans of milk powder which she has bought to give to her family members. This was heavy gauge steel these were made of, damn, you could build a car with 7 of them. When we got to Hong Kong for our connection, late, the desk agents told us where our departing plane's gate was and that they were supposed to be waiting for us but they were not sure if they would and they told us, "Run." Oh my God, tearing thru the vast airport with so many shoulder bags and plus trying to carry these canisters of what felt like depleted uranium, it nearly killed me. At least now I understand what it was all about: She knew that Chinese milk powder was no good.

I know this is a serious topic, but Damn! That's funny! :)

How can this continue to go on? In the name of profit or stupidity. Time and time again China has shown the world it has along way to go.

The four were involved in the dairy industry in the city of Weinan in Shaanxi province and will face charges of "manufacturing and selling food that does not meet hygiene standards," China National Radio said on its website.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100203/wl_as..._20100203120324

Are you guys all surprised with these kind of stuff ? Moral and ethical standards practically don't exist as a result of " Cultural Revolution " . Those who were in their teens and brainwashed during that time will always have deceiveful mentality that we can't comprehend . We'll have to wait for this generation to die or retire before we see a new society.