Unemployed and K1 interview approaching

I have been unemployed and collecting unemployment for almost a year (not by choice). Is there anyone out there who was in this situation and still had the visa go through? For the record, I collected $23,000 in unemployment which is over the 125% poverty requirement.

The employment letter for the interview is a big concern right now....

I have been unemployed and collecting unemployment for almost a year (not by choice). Is there anyone out there who was in this situation and still had the visa go through? For the record, I collected $23,000 in unemployment which is over the 125% poverty requirement.

If possible line up a joint sponsor. If that isn't possible get any job you can. A VO isn't going to look favorably on unemployment as income.

Good Luck! Does your Chinese woman/fiancee/wife know that you are on unemployment?

My best to you! You'll need it! Even for a poverty stricken Chinese woman! If you are not a troll in the first place with this silliness!

Might I suggest getting her pregnant, and receiving WIC stamps, to supplement your income? You will be the first to try this scenario past GUZ! This ought to be good!

In all fairness to you, Carl (Warperbored) is right. Lining up a co-sponsor should be fairly easy! Just remember to have three years of tax data available from the cosponsor. The K1 and/or K3 Visas will be a breeze. Don't forget the photos and PMs

Cerberus

Edited by Cerberus (see edit history)

If possible line up a joint sponsor. If that isn't possible get any job you can. A VO isn't going to look favorably on unemployment as income.

Well, it is income, but it's comes from a "public charge." So, it won't work. You will need a co-sponsor to get your application approved.

I hate to say but I dont think it will pass, pick up something quick, Hell drive a school bus if you must...:P

Cerberus made a good point when he was not busy busting your balls. Dose she know you are outof work?

It will matter a whole lot to her.

Yeah, she knows, but she is also aware of how stubborn i am about $. I am a robotics engineer by trade and ever since the recession companies have been hiring engineers as "technicians" @ half the hourly rate (and no international travel :) ). If i had a family and was desperate for funds, i would take it, but i don't so i'm waiting for the sh*t to blow over and rates to go back to normal.

I run my own company, but haven't had a contract since 2007. I worked in 2008 for another company, but that was the last point of employment. I suppose i could write a letter stating i work for myself, which wouldn't be a lie and state i am actively searching for contracts.

I will be returning to Beijing at the end of Feb. and will be teaching english to pass the time while the sweet lady is @ work. Sh*t, i guess i could get a letter from them..? What does the board think?