B2 people get in here

So I see that when you get in a corner you resort to calling the person that you disagree with a liar. Whether you know the facts or not is irrelevant to you. That is what I get for trying to show someone another less conventional way of obtaining what he wants. This man wanted this B2 visa for his lady so bad that he was almost willing to do anything to get it so it seemed to me. Someone like you that think they have the secret to traveling faster than the speed of light gets involved and anything that anyone else has to say is irrelevant. So be it.

You can now say whatever you want I am done. I will not respond to your innuendos and to someone that's mind is like a steel trap always closed.

I further suggest that we refrain from corresponding concerning each others post as it seems that you have not agreed with anything that I have ever said in the past in your replies that you have made to me.

So lets agree that we disagree and move on an ignore each other in future post. I think this would be the best policy for you and I.

Larry

I never called you a liar. For example, I don't doubt that you believed everything you wrote about the sex scandal when you wrote it. But when it was pushed we found out that the confidence with which you made statements was out of line with the accuracy of what you remembered and wrote. The story about a 2-week passport and visa issuance, to me, has the same ring of something that sounds inaccurate, misremembered, or exaggerated (I never said this was intentional).

I don't feel I'm in a corner and I haven't attacked anything about you. I've only questioned some of your claims and pointed out some of the times you've made broad negative insinuations about me (e.g., I don't understand how anything works, "even I" should understand something, etc.).

Instead of arguing, I don't know why you haven't just gone, found the passport, and looked at the passport issue date and visa issue date. If even those two dates are less than two weeks apart (i.e., not even considering the time it took to print and issue the passport), then I'll concede the point and say you were right in your confidence about her case.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I see that when you get in a corner you resort to calling the person that you disagree with a liar. Whether you know the facts or not is irrelevant to you. That is what I get for trying to show someone another less conventional way of obtaining what he wants. This man wanted this B2 visa for his lady so bad that he was almost willing to do anything to get it so it seemed to me. Someone like you that think they have the secret to traveling faster than the speed of light gets involved and anything that anyone else has to say is irrelevant. So be it.

You can now say whatever you want I am done. I will not respond to your innuendos and to someone that's mind is like a steel trap always closed.

I further suggest that we refrain from corresponding concerning each others post as it seems that you have not agreed with anything that I have ever said in the past in your replies that you have made to me.

So lets agree that we disagree and move on an ignore each other in future post. I think this would be the best policy for you and I.

Larry

I never called you a liar. For example, I don't doubt that you believed everything you wrote about the sex scandal when you wrote it. But when it was pushed we found out that the confidence with which you made statements was out of line with the accuracy of what you remembered and wrote. The story about a 2-week passport and visa issuance, to me, has the same ring of something that sounds inaccurate, misremembered, or exaggerated (I never said this was intentional).

I don't feel I'm in a corner and I haven't attacked anything about you. I've only questioned some of your claims and pointed out some of the times you've made broad negative insinuations about me (e.g., I don't understand how anything works, "even I" should understand something, etc.).

Instead of arguing, I don't know why you haven't just gone, found the passport, and looked at the passport issue date and visa issue date. If even those two dates are less than two weeks apart (i.e., not even considering the time it took to print and issue the passport), then I'll concede the point and say you were right in your confidence about her case.

OK now that you are a little more civil I will explain in my wife's case in more detail. I don't know why but I will.

1. On 27 November 2000 I went for a visit to China.

2. National day was on 1 October. I don't know what day of the week that was on.

3. when National day was over she told me that she might have a surprise to tell me but later.

4. On "about" the 15 she told me that she had applied for a visa to come for a visit to America and that she had not wanted to tell me about it in case it was disapproved.

5. About one or two days later she came in with the new passport and the visa in it. I was kind of suspicious of how she got this all done so quickly and ask to see the passport and sure enough there it was the passport was issued after my arrival date of 27 November 2000. In all honesty I do not know when she applied for the passport but the issue date was after 27 November 2000. She told me that she applied for it and the visa after I had arrived and decided that she wanted to come to my home in America for a visit. I did not look at the visa issue date. In all honesty she could have applied for the passport before I arrived but I believed her I had no reason to not believe her.

6 That afternoon I went to a local travel agency to buy her a ticket to go back with me and was told that it would be absolutely impossible that every seat was full on ever United flight for the next two weeks. When I told her that the next day she said to let her take care of it and in less than one hour she had a ticket on not just a ticket but a ticket for the seat next to my seat and had them delivered to the hotel.

7. On the 19 of October 2000 we were set to leave Beijing for the US. Her boss insisted that he take us to the airport in their company’s stretch lemo. He came by the hotel on the morning of 19 October 2000 took us to the airport and on the way I ask him in a nice way how he was able to get her passport and visa issued so quickly and his answer was this is China if you know the right people everything is possible. I left it at that as I was just thankful for what he had done for us and I do believe in my heart that he was responsible for getting the passport and visa issued so quickly although I did not hold his feet to the fire to find out how and I was not with him every step of the way only the end product.

So now you can tear this story into shreds if you like but this will be my final post on it good, bad or indifferent whether you think that I am telling the truth or not that is up to you.

Larry

PS It was a multiple entry visa too. She could have stayed for 12 months but went back in about 4 months to help her boss find a replacement for herself and get some of her personal affairs in order. I went back to China 3 more times to see her and she came back to America two of those times so we could stay with each other longer that way.

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

Larry

OK now that you are a little more civil I will explain in my wife's case in more detail. I don't know why but I will.

2. National day was on 1 October. I don't know what day of the week that was on.

3. when National day was over she told me that she might have a surprise to tell me but later.

4. On "about" the 15 she told me that she had applied for a visa to come for a visit to America and that she had not wanted to tell me about it in case it was disapproved.

5. About one or two days later she came in with the new passport and the visa in it. I was kind of suspicious of how she got this all done so quickly and ask to see the passport and sure enough there it was the passport was issued after my arrival date of 27 November 2000. In all honesty I do not know when she applied for the passport but the issue date was after 27 November 2000. She told me that she applied for it and the visa after I had arrived and decided that she wanted to come to my home in America for a visit. I did not look at the visa issue date. In all honesty she could have applied for the passport before I arrived but I believed her I had no reason to not believe her.

6 That afternoon I went to a local travel agency to buy her a ticket to go back with me and was told that it would be absolutely impossible that every seat was full on ever United flight for the next two weeks. When I told her that the next day she said to let her take care of it and in less than one hour she had a ticket on not just a ticket but a ticket for the seat next to my seat and had them delivered to the hotel.

7. On the 19 of October 2000 we were set to leave Beijing for the US. Her boss insisted that he take us to the airport in their company¡¯s stretch lemo. He came by the hotel on the morning of 19 October 2000 took us to the airport and on the way I ask him in a nice way how he was able to get her passport and visa issued so quickly and his answer was this is China if you know the right people everything is possible. I left it at that as I was just thankful for what he had done for us and I do believe in my heart that he was responsible for getting the passport and visa issued so quickly although I did not hold his feet to the fire to find out how and I was not with him every step of the way only the end product.

So now you can tear this story into shreds if you like but this will be my final post on it good, bad or indifferent whether you think that I am telling the truth or not that is up to you.

Larry

PS It was a multiple entry visa too. She could have stayed for 12 months but went back in about 4 months to help her boss find a replacement for herself and get some of her personal affairs in order. I went back to China 3 more times to see her and she came back to America two of those times so we could stay with each other longer that way.

I dont know why but the 27 November 2000 date confuses me in this story.

Anyway I am still interested to find out about the VO who issued visas for sex with 100's of chinese girls ... my current job contract ends soon ... :D

I guess it should huh

Sorry my mistake the correct month was September. I guess that I got caught up in the moment. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. All the rest is correct. I originally was going to stay until Oct 25 as I only had a 30 visa at the time but she wanted to leave on Oct 19.

I apologize for not being able to produce any evidence of the VO officer but it did indeed happen. I knew that there was going to be an issue over it as it was a long time ago and I probably would not be able to produce a link to it. I almost did not mention it at all because of that. In fact I wish that I had left it out. It was not that pertinent to the story anyway. I can't produce a link for everything that I read. Especially when it was several years in the past. I remember thinking about how many scamers that we have had on this site over the years that may have gotten here like that. :D :P The count was more like 200 to 300 involved. I am not saying that he in fact had sex with all of them but there was about that many involved.

Larry

7. On the 19 of October 2000 we were set to leave Beijing for the US. Her boss insisted that he take us to the airport in their company¡¯s stretch lemo. He came by the hotel on the morning of 19 October 2000 took us to the airport and on the way I ask him in a nice way how he was able to get her passport and visa issued so quickly and his answer was this is China if you know the right people everything is possible. I left it at that as I was just thankful for what he had done for us and I do believe in my heart that he was responsible for getting the passport and visa issued so quickly although I did not hold his feet to the fire to find out how and I was not with him every step of the way only the end product.

Larry

Thanks for posting the story in more detail as it sheds light on what likely happened concerning your wife's simplified b-2 visa application (although it raises questions about why she supposedly also got a new passport).

Here¡¯s something you posted a few months ago about how you met your wife:

(this was in a thread Michael-Sean started about when his wife should get her physical)

My wife and I did thing a lot different than 99% here did. We actually met each other on and airplane to the US. She was on a B-2 business visa.

Having said that we got into the civil surgeon thing as she never had a medical examination in China for immigration purposes. Oh she had all the medical work that was required but it was all done here in the US.

Most of it was done right at the County Health office at a very nominal fee. Shots, physical and x-rays for less than $100.

Now to the civil surgeon. What a rip off it was for us. When we went in the office staff said that all we would have to pay was $100 as my Federal Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurance would pay the rest. That had to be cash and no check payable that day before he would see her. The examination consisted of listening to her chest, looking at her throat, looking at her ears and taking her blood pressure. That was it as she had everything else and had proof of it. Three weeks later we were sent a bill for another $265. Now keep in mind that BC&BS pays all but 10% of the bill. I was going to take him to the proverbial P****** Post but my wife did not want to make waves so we just paid. She thought that he might cause us some kind of trouble. So doing the math it seems as though this turd got close to $3,000 out of me and BC&BS for a 10 minute examination.

Larry

In other words, it sounds to me like your wife's b-2 visa that she obtained very quickly and with little hassle was not her first one, in which case -- yes, the process will be much, much easier and faster since she followed the conditions of her first one. This would be something very convenient for you to leave out of your protestations about the role guanxi played in the ease and speed of the application. An excerpt from one of Kyle's posts about applying for b-2 visas confirms these things...

After the initial B-2 visa, following B-2's are easily obtained as the applicant has previously shown that they have obeyed the rules. For Jingjing's second and third B-2 visa, she didn't even have to interview in Beijing to receive it. She simply filed the paperwork at a Citic bank in Wuhan and went to Beijing to turn in her passport and submit new digital fingerprints.

Kyle is quite correct in everything that he has said.

Note: The second and third b-2 visa applications of Kyle's Jingjing are very much how you described your wife's, but Kyle and Jingjing, to my knowledge, do not claim they pulled any strings in the embassy.

Once again, push on the story and it tumbles over...

Edited by weiaijiayou (see edit history)

Also she has been on a chinese site where they talk about american visas. They told her that the consulate would want three months of bank statements and they dont need the total in your bank account. They told her they only look at the money going in and out. :o What do you guys think?

Just like with any visa you just never know, give it your best and see what happens,, TK

Also she has been on a chinese site where they talk about american visas. They told her that the consulate would want three months of bank statements and they dont need the total in your bank account. They told her they only look at the money going in and out. :o What do you guys think?

I think that's good advice to heed, whether true or not. Don't think that by simply transferring a large sum of cash to her account that that'll be enough.

Why don't you just contact the Embassy and ask them? You can buy a phone card at Citic bank. While you're at Citic bank you may also want to ask them about this as well.

http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/niv_contact.html

What was required from us four years ago could likely be different than what is required today.

What you mentioned about the last 3 months transactions is not what we had.

I think you can save yourself a lot of time and speculation by asking BJ and Citic.

There aren't a lot of people with B-2 experience on here and I'm afraid that our experiences (Jingjing and mine) are somewhat outdated as far as procedure is concerned. Good luck to you.

Turbo I think the best thing is for your and she to fill out the paperwork, giving them exactly what they want and let it ride. Like my other friend , his wife did not pass the first time and something like two months later he and she filled everything out again, submitted it and she passed. If she fails to get one the first time try again like he did.

Larry

I tried calling the embassy but the number they have on there for calling from outside of China is not working for me. :o So I may have her call and ask all the questions.

The problem about if she gets rejected is that she only has one big break which is this summer. If she gets rejected we wont have time to try again. We are also going to apply for a carribean island visa for her too so my parents can meet her. If not it looks like we will go to Hong Kong and then on to Bali this summer. If we do that though then my parents cant meet her :(

Well she is working on it now. She will finish the form tomorrow and set up her appointment. She did find out something good today. She checks a chinese message board where people talk about their B2 experiences. She found a girl in a very similar situation to her. The girl only have 5,000 RNB and was wanting to visit her boyfriend. She got approved :ph34r: So maybe she has a chance.

Well she is working on it now. She will finish the form tomorrow and set up her appointment. She did find out something good today. She checks a chinese message board where people talk about their B2 experiences. She found a girl in a very similar situation to her. The girl only have 5,000 RNB and was wanting to visit her boyfriend. She got approved :D So maybe she has a chance.

The key difference there might be whether they have a family petition filed, and whether she indicated in her application that she has a US boyfriend.