B2 people get in here

I sent off all of the documents she needs. She should get them in about a week. She feels very confident and excited about the interview. I tell her not to get hopes up and be disappointed if she doesnt get approved. I dont want to tell her she probably wont get approved because I want her to feel confident and relaxed going into the interview.

Now I just have to prepare her for it. Dress code, smile eye contact, example questions etc.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well unfortunately she failed her interview. She is going to email me later and tell me what they asked her and everything. All I know is they didnt look at any document and only asked her like three questions. She is pretty upset and she was crying afterwards. I had a strong feeling she wouldnt get it so i am not too disappointed. It sucks that I have to go back to China or somewhere near again this summer. :)

I'm sorry to hear this. Keep moving forward; in the end, you guys are going to make it.

I am very sorry that your girl did not get her B-2. I was very optimistic as there have been an increase in the amount of B-2 being issued in the past 2 years. However some of the one recently did have to apply twice as I stated. Maybe it is the filing fee's they are after. You know we need the money. Little joke there.

Larry

It's common sense. Seriously if you were a VO and a woman with few ties to China came in for a tourist visa to visit her boyfriend would you believe she doesn't have immigrant intent?

We ended up not using the boyfriend thing at all. Her sister took out a big loan from the bank and she put it in her account and placed a freeze on her account until she returns to China. But they didnt even want to see any of her bank information.

What did you use for a reason to visit? It has always been difficult for a single Chinese woman to get a tourist visa. The trick is to persuade the VO they have overwhelming ties to China. Since the interview was so short it appears the decision was made before hand. What ever you put in with her application convinced the VO she was high risk. You could analyze the situation and apply again with better front loading but IMO you would be throwing good money after bad.

What did you use for a reason to visit? It has always been difficult for a single Chinese woman to get a tourist visa. The trick is to persuade the VO they have overwhelming ties to China. Since the interview was so short it appears the decision was made before hand. What ever you put in with her application convinced the VO she was high risk. You could analyze the situation and apply again with better front loading but IMO you would be throwing good money after bad.

I doubt we will try again. I think the next step is one more visit then fiance visa. We just said she was visiting me and I am her friend not boyfriend. Ya I am sure the decided before she even walked in the room.

Turbo I am very sorry that she did not get the B-2 as I have already stated. I can see two reason for the failure and here is a link that will verify what I have said. Yeah I am sure that the decision was made before she even entered the building.

1. They knew about you.

2. The transfer of money recently into her account.

http://www.usvisachina.com/visitor-tourist...2-C1-F1-J1.html

Specifically, B2 tourist visas for students, wives, husbands, fianc¨¦s, fianc¨¦es, girlfriends and boyfriends are difficult to get approved due to loopholes in US immigration laws allowing persons to stay permanently in the US after arrival if they marry a US citizen.

It is highly recommended that applicants do not make any large transactions in or out of their bank account prior to the interview at the US Embassy. The US Embassy officers will focus on long term and consistent financial transaction history of the applicant¡¯s bank account and not on large recent financial transactions. Generally, the balance amount of the applicant¡¯s bank statement should be enough to cover their travel expenses for the duration of the visit to the US unless such expenses are being paid by a sponsor.

Anyhow what is done is done and you gave it your best try so now I would continue on your present course and I hope it will be a short one for the two of you.

Good luck

Larry

In our case I made sure she never mentioned the boyfriend and she never has on any visits through immigration. She always just says she is going to tour the U.S. (except the last visit when the I-129F was in, even then they didnt ask a single question about me). I guess since she spent a year in the U.S. previously on a J-1 they were OK with her.

It seems that with a prior visit its a piece of cake but its so hard to get that first pass...