Pictures suggestion

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys.

Just an idea. It would be easier in visadelays.com if we put our pics with the real first 2 names ( which we do ) and also the CDL handle.

It's hard some time to match a pic to a nickname one is familiar with  :)

Just an idea

In Yuhui's case and mine... the first names are also my CDL nickname, so no problem here.

May be the Album name could be Joe&Lin ( mad_as_hell ).. I just made that up.. just an example  :)

My 2 cents

I would be happy to honor you suggestion... but i didnt quite understand..explain again pls :P

My 2 cents

I would be happy to honor you suggestion... but i didnt quite understand..explain again pls :ph34r:

I mean.... If you are "smorgarsboard" as a nick on the CDL forum, but post your pics as " Paul & Qing " on visadelays... One as no idea who you are unless they know " Paul & Qing " on visa delays is in fact "smorgarsboard"on CDL :) Get it?

For entries who use they real first names on CDL, this is not an issue of course...

My 2 cents

I would be happy to honor you suggestion... but i didnt quite understand..explain again pls :ph34r:

I mean.... If you are "smorgarsboard" as a nick on the CDL forum, but post your pics as " Paul & Qing " on visadelays... One as no idea who you are unless they know " Paul & Qing " on visa delays is in fact "smorgarsboard"on CDL :P Get it?

For entries who use they real first names on CDL, this is not an issue of course...

I got it!!!! OK, I will add that field..and i will have to add the capability to edit that stuff too so you guys can update it. I'll get that done first thing in the morning. :)

Interesting. I assumed that it was being done with everyone. Someone, somewhere along the process "gave" my wife a middle name. My wife tells me that most, but not all, Chinese have a three character name. One character for the family name, and two for the given name. Her Chinese passport has her name Anglicized as Wang Chunxia, two names.

In my wife's wife's case, she and her siblings where given "generation names". The first character of the given name was the same for her and all her brothers and sisters, "Chun", the generation name. The second character of the given name was different for each of them, in her case "Xia". Thereby it is eaiser for everyone in the extended family to discern everyones "place".

By using that system and moving the family name to the end instead of the front Someone along the line decided that her three names are therefore Chun Xia Wang. Despite the fact that she had filled out all the papers by leaving the line for "middle name" blank and filling in her first name as Chunxia.

Probably more than anyone wanted to know. One of the qualifications for being a college professor is that you have to be able to talk about anything for two hours whether you know anything about it or not.

Guys.

Just an idea. It would be easier in visadelays.com if we put our pics with the real first 2 names ( which we do ) and also the CDL handle.

It's hard some time to match a pic to a nickname one is familiar with  :lol:

Just an idea

In Yuhui's case and mine... the first names are also my CDL nickname, so no problem here.

May be the Album name could be Joe&Lin ( mad_as_hell ).. I just made that up.. just an example  :lol:

My 2 cents

Eric,

Do you remember this scene?

http://www.geocities.com/ling_qin_bolin/Qu...l?1040606096940

This is the face that scared Godzilla. This was taken at the publishing company in Guangzhou. My baby is on my computer. My Chinese co workers loved that one.

http://www.geocities.com/ling_qin_bolin/ch...l?1040609372430

Guys.

It's hard some time to match a pic to a nickname one is familiar with  :D

Just an idea

May be the Album name could be Joe&Lin ( mad_as_hell ).. I just made that up.. just an example  :o

My 2 cents

would love to do it... but none cares my real name here ! lol http://digi.pchome.net/icons/7.gif

I do Kate, and I am waiting to see pictures of you and your fiance.