New EOR letter.

I just finished my Updated EOR letter. Do I mail it to them now? I think if she just gives it to them at the interview it wont help. I mean is the VO going to take the 2-3 minutes to read the letter then?

Can I mail it to GUZ now with the case file on it? Or can I submit the letter at the ACH the monday befor the interview?

Any advise?

The VO told me that getting the letter notarized is a waste of money - as it doesn't make it any more authentic.

I did it anyway. The vice-council who notarized my letter did not ask any questions, nor, did he make any comments.

If I were to do it again, I wouldn't have notarized it. I would only notarize it if you aren't going to be there during her interview. But, since you are, I would just give it to her (along with your passport) and see if she can give it to the consulate worker when she turns in all of her financial documents.

That is what my wife did. Before her actual interview, she got called up to turn in her medical, financial, etc docs and my wife was able to get them to take some other documents that we felt were important: deed, joint-sponsor's letter describing financial situation, joint-sponsor's current bank statement, etc.

Make two copies: One to give the consulate worker, and one in case the VO wants to look at it. Just my opinion.

I suspect if you just mail it directly to the GOV at this point in time, it'll just end up in the trash.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

I got my EOR notraized in GUZ.

She asked me what this was for and if the VO had requested it.

When I went to pay the money for the service she disappeared with my letter.

Your guess is as good as mine if she entered it into their system or not but I do know they keep a copy for their records as to what was notrized.

I would err on the safe side and get if notrized at GUZ.

Oh Robert, I forgot to mention this in my last post:

I brought absolutely everything to ACH, and the VO wouldn't look at any of it. I tried to get him to look at our domicile evidence, but, he said he couldn't look at any case-specific documents. So, you can bring your letter with you, but there is no guarantee that they will look at it.

I brought absolutely everything to ACH, and the VO wouldn't look at any of it. I tried to get him to look at our domicile evidence, but, he said he couldn't look at any case-specific documents. So, you can bring your letter with you, but there is no guarantee that they will look at it.

Yes, I remembered you mentioned that. I wonder if they would take it, if you told them to just add it to your case instead? I think Robert's motive is to front load this for the interview. And he makes a good point about how long it will take the interviewer to read the letter since time is of the essence to them. GUZ's faq states that they can issue a blue because if the interviewee takes too long to dig out docs.

Pay the $25 and get the letter notarized at acs. Some of us think they scan these docs in and they are reviewed before the interview. Doesn't hurt anything. And the officer I had at acs asked me several questions and made notes in my wife's computer file. On that note, I only had the financials notarized. She carried an updated eor, but it was never read.

Robert, get it notorized in GUZ, you'll get to look at where the ladies have their interviews and you'll get a feel for the consulate. Take the notorized EOR with you to ACH. The VO probably won't look at it, or your passport, but they have in the past...rarely.

Have your lady take it with her to the interview and have her try and give it and your passport to the VO when they ask for her passport. Again, they may not look at it, my passport and notorized EOR got thrown (unseen) back out the window at my wife. Some people have had their passport AND letter looked at.

Do every lil' freakin' detail you can for her success. Prepare her so that you won't have any naggin' doubts should she fail or get a blue slip, that's all a feller can do.

Who cares what happened to my passport and EOR, or others...just DO IT...and that is an ORDER...or you'll soon be drivin' the short bus.

tsap seui

Yes, I remembered you mentioned that. I wonder if they would take it, if you told them to just add it to your case instead? I think Robert's motive is to front load this for the interview. And he makes a good point about how long it will take the interviewer to read the letter since time is of the essence to them. GUZ's faq states that they can issue a blue because if the interviewee takes too long to dig out docs.

I don't think he's going to be able to do that. The OF-169, that he had to complete and return to get their interview date states:

Do NOT send the actual documents to the

Consular office, as we will have to destroy them.

At this point, I believe Robert, the only options you have are:

1. Try to get it looked at at ACH

2. Pay the notary fee (it's 30 USD) at ACS

3. Get the official who handles all of the prep paperwork before the actual interview to accept it.

I believe your best bet is #3. I hope I'm wrong.

Not one to have any sort of opinion on any matters in regard to anything that may be useful to others in regard to visas, I attended both ACH and ACS, got my passport notarzised and EOR letter.

Had long discussions with VO's at both,documents were taken away and copied , none of which were asked for again at interview. Interesting at the interview day and the first thing the chinese consulate worker worker said to Jin at the window "oh I see your fiancee is here, thats good" how did he know that ? why would that matter anyway ?

So I'm not sure all the computer typing and time they spent copying documents was entirley fufile, of course they could have been just emailing their face book mates and then taking a coffee beak, who knows, right :cheering:

I realise I know shit as we got visa first attempt, which of course had nothing to do with studying CFL for hours a day, studying FAM , talking to wise folks , preparing us both or being there (it makes no differrence) its just all only about luck on the day. :cheering:

Its one,two or a combination of these things, my point being its your job to make sure you do the very best for your benificiary on the day, only you two know the strenghts and weaknessess of your case, be that your fiances/wifes knowledge of you/ your family, her english, visits you made,Photos,chat logs,screen shots etc etc etc

I am in no way defending GUZ, their crazy arbitary practices/decisions, just saying prepare very carefully, put the time and effort in to do the very best you can, its your case and for her/his sucsess, no one can say pink first time or second, be they a lawyer , second time cfl filer or me, only you know your the real strenghts and weaknessess of your case, preperation is the key and doing what needs to be done.

Good luck to all

Robert,

I just had mine notorized at work here in the states and mailed to Na. She gave it to them when she turned in her medical and other stuff. There was no problem. Since you will be there, I do not think that having it notorized will make a difference one way or the other but the choice is obviously yours on what to do with that.

I did not get my EOR notarized. I did attend ACH, but I chose not to have it notarized because well, a notary is just showing that the signature on the document is the signature of the person it says it is. I know others will chime in saying that you should get it done, but I decided to save the $30. I did not frontload the EOR, so hubby had it on hand when he went to the interview. It was handwritten, since some folks get requests for handwritten EORs, but I have handwriting like a printer...if you don't you may want to type it anyway.

The VO never looked at the EOR, even though hubby tried to give it to him. At this point, it's pretty much cruise control until the interview. I would just bring it and try to get it into the file when she turns in her medical and stuff before the interview. No sense trying to send anything now, it might not even get looked at in the month until your interview.

Robert, get it notorized in GUZ, you'll get to look at where the ladies have their interviews and you'll get a feel for the consulate. Take the notorized EOR with you to ACH. The VO probably won't look at it, or your passport, but they have in the past...rarely.

Have your lady take it with her to the interview and have her try and give it and your passport to the VO when they ask for her passport. Again, they may not look at it, my passport and notorized EOR got thrown (unseen) back out the window at my wife. Some people have had their passport AND letter looked at.

Do every lil' freakin' detail you can for her success. Prepare her so that you won't have any naggin' doubts should she fail or get a blue slip, that's all a feller can do.

Who cares what happened to my passport and EOR, or others...just DO IT...and that is an ORDER...or you'll soon be drivin' the short bus.

tsap seui

Lol I already drive the short bus....:partytime2:

As 3timescharm mentions, if your in the US, get it notarized for much less; then bring it with you.

I agree with Kyle's #3 as the best option; but it's hard to know if the EOR is worthwhile or not since they are not asking for it. Hate for it to raise questions at the interview; and unlikely they read it at the interview if just attempting to hand over. I can recall maybe 2 times in 4 years hearing it happen.

I had heard from a good freind of mine that when his wife arrived here, her package had everything he ever sent to our government. They even had the enelope that he sent his application in the information.

What have others seen when there spouses arrived in America?

Also i am sure if you sent it to GUZ, some one would look at it and file it your folder. Our government does have rules that folks who work for it must follow. There is a lot of bashing of folks over at GUZ. I am sure some of it is deserved and some is not. But folks who work there do have to follow the rules or they are tossed from the service.

Most folks live and work by the rules. If the rules start all documentation received must be reviewed and entered, it shall be. Maybe the stuff added after it leaves America does not carry as much weight, but I bet you it is read, reviewed, and entered into your pacakage.