K1 second time

When we filed our K-1 in Nov 2007 my wife's interview was in July 2008, we got a blue, then in August a white for not a bonifide relationship. Only reason after sending all the additional infor GUZ requested we could figure out was the length of our relationship, as we still have not received any notice from USCIS as to why or a chance to appeal.

So our K-1 took 8 months to get an interview

Filed our CR-1 Jan 2009 and had the interview Dec 09

got Pink

I would think now with the electronic filing that would cut down the lenght of time a little.

Just to add another question.

My wife and I were married for 14 months by the time she got the interview for the CR-1, and she won't be arriving in the US until March 2010. When she arrives she will receive a 2 year green card correct?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how long a CR1 take. I seen some go in 5 months, and some go 12 months.

My CR1 took 16 months. You are right, no one knows how long it takes.

This is why I considered filing K1 again. If I applied K1 today, would possible have an interview in 8 months. If I applied for CR1, would have interview who know when. :blink:

Hey Bob,, My K1 was also 7 months, But who can tell how long it will be this time,, this really makes you think , I rather have my girl here sooner than later,, but with everything we did they should have already been here anyway. We just keep on trying, Good Luck.. TK

There have been some pretty quick CR-1's with the electronic filing after P-2. Getting through the P-2 seems to be where the waiting time is for a CR-1.

Try e-mailing Marc Ellis

marcellislaw@gmail.com

Marc is open to some e-mails discussing routes to take. If you sign on with him he will immediately want to interview (a paltry sum of $250 two years ago) you and your your girl friend...he has a least one, that I know of, VERY smart and intuitive Chinese lady who will call, or meet your girlfriend in Guangzhou to discuss her interview and her input. Marc or an assistant can interview you over the phone.

He wants to take both of your interviews and see what he feels the problem may be. Then he can advise you.

I talked by e-mail with Marc, maybe 10 e-mails. I didn't go the interview route with him but he guided me into a direction at no cost. He isn't the pushy type to say YOU NEED ME (at least in our case), instead he leaves that decision up to you.

Good luck to all of you guys in this situation...I know the pain and how important this is to all of you.

tsap seui

I have no idea how long a CR1 take. I seen some go in 5 months, and some go 12 months.

This is why I considered filing K1 again. If I applied K1 today, would possible have an interview in 8 months. If I applied for CR1, would have interview who know when. :blink:

Hey Bob,, My K1 was also 7 months, But who can tell how long it will be this time,, this really makes you think , I rather have my girl here sooner than later,, but with everything we did they should have already been here anyway. We just keep on trying, Good Luck.. TK

There have been some pretty quick CR-1's with the electronic filing after P-2. Getting through the P-2 seems to be where the waiting time is for a CR-1.

Try e-mailing Marc Ellis

marcellislaw@gmail.com

Marc is open to some e-mails discussing routes to take. If you sign on with him he will immediately want to interview (a paltry sum of $250 two years ago) you and your your girl friend...he has a least one, that I know of, VERY smart and intuitive Chinese lady who will call, or meet your girlfriend in Guangzhou to discuss her interview and her input. Marc or an assistant can interview you over the phone.

He wants to take both of your interviews and see what he feels the problem may be. Then he can advise you.

I talked by e-mail with Marc, maybe 10 e-mails. I didn't go the interview route with him but he guided me into a direction at no cost. He isn't the pushy type to say YOU NEED ME (at least in our case), instead he leaves that decision up to you.

Good luck to all of you guys in this situation...I know the pain and how important this is to all of you.

tsap seui

Electronic filing can only be done for CR- 1 is this correct

Thanks for info everyone. Since I have not found any Red Flags so far, I need to study my SO and my Weak Points. We both have been divorced long time, had SAME jobs, address, phone numbers, bank accounts, etc. many years. To me this would say, Stable people. We talked 11 months before I went to China, and got engaged, April 3 weeks. We have Patience. I thought our Weak Points were, only 1 trip to China, and $$ close to minimum, Wrong. Our, Downfall, was not communicating good with what is in the Kitchen Sink. All the folders had Simple Cover Letters, colored tabs, EOR letter simple with a couple of little thumbnail photos, good cummunacating logs and samples. All info very easy for the VO to read and understand.

Problem, my SO did not understand or remember some of the information. I do not remember some of the info, and I have spent a lot of hours preparing the info.

Sorry to hear about your denial, we are in the same boat, we are waiting for our case to be returned to USCIS now. Our case was filed at the Vermont SC also, when I receive any further information I will pass this on to you and maybe this can help you out. Good Luck

Believe it or not, that one question was enough for the VO to decide that you 2 weren't getting the visa that day. When my wife went for her K-1 last year (our first try at getting the visa) when the VO asked her what was my job she tried telling him that I drove a particular piece of equipment but there was no word for that in Chinese so she told him I drove a 'car'. He then asked her which post office I worked at and she couldn't remember the name and that was what she told him. He then pulled out a white slip and our Hell began.

This time when she went back for our CR-1 interview she knew how to say the equipment's name in English AND the name of the office I worked at. They DID ask her these questions again as well as several others they had asked at the K-1 which she had answered correctly back then. But, the interview this time was conducted in English as they rope-a-doped her last time by conducting it in Chinese, and they had an interpreter there as a witness that she did not speak in English.

You could go the K-1 route again but to tell you the truth I would do the CR-1. I think it sends a stronger message to the consulate AND in the end it is cheaper.

I DO believe the one question did it. Days before the interview, my SO talked about she was going shopping to buy something to put on here Mother's headstone, since 27 December, 2006 was the anniversary of her Mother's passing away. At that moment I knew the Interview was in Trouble. I told her that her Mother had passed away in November 2007. 2007 is on the document. We had talked about this months ago, when she did not remember the date. I showed her a picture of the headstone, but no date on the stone. I DO believe if I am not with her at least a week before the next Interview to coach her, failure will be the outcome. The problem I have now is try to get an Interview date other than the Hot months. I would not survive the heat. I had a couple of difficult warm days in April there. Could not breath. Hanging in there. Bob..... :rolleyes: ..

Is it possible that your SO was talking about the lunar date instead of the calendar date of her mom's passing? Many times in the past when my wife and I were discussing specific dates we had this problem where she was referencing a lunar date and I was talking about the calendar date. They are about a month apart...

But you are right in that a big key to passing the interview is your preparation of your Hunnie. We started about 3 months before the interview going over all possible questions and answers they could ask, and I remember at the time thinking..."This is too soon. I only need to begin doing this about a month before." Well, I was wrong. In the end I was glad we started when we did and it took that long to get my wife up to snuff on not only the information and answers, but to ALSO get her to answer quickly, accurately and in a convincing manner like she KNEW the information and wasn't guessing at the answer.

There is more to the preparation than the correctness of the response and I try to relay to people that HOW you answer is just as important as WHAT you answer with.

This is why I considered filing K1 again. If I applied K1 today, would possible have an interview in 8 months. If I applied for CR1, would have interview who know when. :rolleyes:

With the newer electronic processing CR-1 is taking just about the same time as the K-1.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...na&dfile=No

This is why I considered filing K1 again. If I applied K1 today, would possible have an interview in 8 months. If I applied for CR1, would have interview who know when. :rolleyes:

With the newer electronic processing CR-1 is taking just about the same time as the K-1.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...na&dfile=No

The problem comes with the wait for the NOA2 from the USCIS. Sometimes it takes awhile and possibly could after being denied once.

When we filed our K-1 in Nov 2007 my wife's interview was in July 2008, we got a blue, then in August a white for not a bonifide relationship. Only reason after sending all the additional infor GUZ requested we could figure out was the length of our relationship, as we still have not received any notice from USCIS as to why or a chance to appeal.

So our K-1 took 8 months to get an interview

Filed our CR-1 Jan 2009 and had the interview Dec 09

got Pink

I would think now with the electronic filing that would cut down the lenght of time a little.

Just to add another question.

My wife and I were married for 14 months by the time she got the interview for the CR-1, and she won't be arriving in the US until March 2010. When she arrives she will receive a 2 year green card correct?

YES will get 2 year Conditional green-card, in your case you cannot delay entry to the USA until 2 years of marriage because the visa WILL expire before then.

@ Mace

Yup, she'll get a conditional green card

Correct.

Then 90 days before our 2 year issuance of her visa we file the I-751 correct?

NO.

90 days before 2 year GREEN-Card Expiration date is when you can start filing I-751. Visa issuance has NOTHING to do with when a green-card will expire. Green-card expires 2 years after entry to the USA on a CR-1 IF entry to the USA is BEFORE 2 years of marriage.

Got another bit of information today. The VO did not like the photos submitted at the interview, or mostly did not like my white beard according to my SO. My beard has been white along time. My SO does look alot younger than I do. We are 13 years different. In some of my photos I do look like a Fat Old Man. Does it matter that I am 61, healthy, 167lbs, can split firewood with a sledge, use a chain saw for hours, ride my ATV like a bat out of Hell, or ride my Goldwing 4000 miles in 11 days. I thought what is in my Heart and Mind, being honest, is more important than the way I look in photos. So an important lesson I learned today, Be careful of content of Photos. Use "Just for Men" hair color, flattering cloths, select the best photos, etc.

Got another bit of information today. The VO did not like the photos submitted at the interview, or mostly did not like my white beard according to my SO. My beard has been white along time. My SO does look alot younger than I do. We are 13 years different. In some of my photos I do look like a Fat Old Man. Does it matter that I am 61, healthy, 167lbs, can split firewood with a sledge, use a chain saw for hours, ride my ATV like a bat out of Hell, or ride my Goldwing 4000 miles in 11 days. I thought what is in my Heart and Mind, being honest, is more important than the way I look in photos. So an important lesson I learned today, Be careful of content of Photos. Use "Just for Men" hair color, flattering cloths, select the best photos, etc.

Maybe AARP can help :lol:

Hang in there.

Just wondering where your SO got this bit of information. :angry:

Guest Pommey

This is the impression she got from the VO. The VO officer mention my white beard in a negative way as near as I can figure.

A white slip for white hair, a new twist into the madness of GUZ :roller: