Chinese night clubs...

Hello All,

I have been to China 4 times thus far. On every trip I have always made it a point to go to a night club at least once. Although I am a non-drinker, I have always enjoyed being in this atmosphere to watch the people and hear the music. This time I was quite disappointed in what I heard.........RAP music!

I am 56 years old and grew up in the "Hippie Era", which means I naturally prefer 70's music in general. But in the past, when I would go to these clubs, I would enjoy a good mix of popular American music and popular Chinese music. It always seemed to be an even 50/50 mix of American/Chinese popular songs. This time I was shocked and disappointed to hear about 90% RAP music with a very small amount of popular Chinese music mixed in occasionally. Very disappointed indeed.

Not only this - but they seemed to play a LOT of Michael Jackson's music.... plus had on stage performers who were imitating him almost the entire evening. I like MJ - so don't get me wrong - but this just seemed to be out of place there to me.

Young Chinese people seem to "take" from Americans many cultural things - such as music - and this is ok. But I am quite disappointed that they are now taking the one thing that I hate so much! RAP! It made it virtually impossible for me to enjoy the evening. In fact I may not bother to go to another night club in China if this is the direction they are going.

Just my opinion.... anybody care to comment on your experiences concerning night clubs, music, and young Chinese people?

m-coon

Guest Tony n Terrific

Everytime I went China, my wife and her friend took me a Karaoke bar at least once each time. Her and her friends love to sing and entertain you. No Rap music as of yet for her. I could not picture her doing Hip - Hop.