Another Black Hole ? (Waiting for K3 Appr.)

Hi Everyone,

I hope you don't mind if I vent a little. :blink: :(

As you can see by my timeline below, I have now been waiting for NOA#2 for more than 120 days. I am just about at the end of the SECOND Status Request with BCIS for my K3. I have been told that if I do not receive any answer from them by Dec. 6, they will submit a Third and final Status Request. This will take up to another 30 days before they will do anything else. At that time, they tell me I would get a chance to talk to a VO and a decision would be made at that time.

I would just like to know where in "Sam Hill" I am at with all this waiting? :angry: Why is everything so secret? :lol:

I asked why is it that others with the same or close to the same date of receipt as mine, for the I-129F (K3) were seeing approvals in only about 2 months. All this person could say was ... " I don't know!".... :huh:

I know that Carl, you waited for a long time and I thought I knew of a few others recently, but I can't remember. Do you think this could be the start of a "NEW" blackhole? :huh: :o

I'm sorry I have been so vocal with this today. It's the Holiday Season and I had hoped to have been able to give my wife some good news before the end of the year. I feel very bad that I will not be able to be with her for our 1st wedding anniversary. This is because of my work obligations.

Last but not least, I want to thank Chinadave for introducing CFL to me. Without you people, the waiting would be much harder than it already has been. :)

Bryan

Im a little confused on your timeline. It says you submited the I-129 f to NVC but you are still waiting on NOA 2? NVC doesnt process the I-129 F. Someone correct me if I am wrong but doesnt the Missouri service center process K-3 I-129 F petitions? If so you should have been approved by now. If you filed through Nebraska you can expect to wait another 60 days although they have picked up speed.

Carl

I would just like to know where in "Sam Hill" I am at with all this waiting?  :greenblob:  Why is everything so secret?  :rolleyes:

Bryan,

You must be from the Northwest (Oregon or Washington). :P I think that is just a local phrase.

Anyway, There are a couple of "Black Hole" service Centers. Nebraska Service Center and Texas Service Center are apparently the worst (average 6 months to prcess applications) Vermont is the best (averages 1-2 months to process applications).

No matter what they put on your NOA1, (mine said 70-100 days, I think), it will take 5-7 months for NSC to process your application.

What really hurts is that I have seen timelines that started in Vermont, and then were forwarded to London where the entire process from start to finish took less time than half the time my application took to finish the first step in Nebraska.

The problem is that as American Citizens, we are an extremely low priority to the INS (and our American Government).

Some people have felt the contacting your Congressional Representatives will help. Perhaps it does help a bit and is worth a try. At the least, it may help them wake up and notice that there actually is a problem here.

I did see a link somewhere to a report of a rally that was done at the Texas Service Center last spring. I don't think it fixed anything, but perhaps the more often we do that kind of thing, the more that we will get noticed.

The current reality is that if you submitted your application in July, you are likely to see it finish up at NSC sometime in January.

When is the Chinese New Year? Maybe you will pass step 1 by then.

If you are lucky, your application will take 1-2 months at NVC, and then will head off to GZ. It will take anywhere between 4 to 40 days just to get to GZ. Then you will join the crowd that has alreay reached the boiling point in frustration while you await your P3, P4, Interview, and Visa.

I hate to smash any hopes, but if the current situation continues, you will be lucky if your fiancee (oh, sorry, your wife) gets here by mid summer next year.

Fortunately, there has been a HUGE increase in speed of processing the P3 packets at GZ this fall. I just hope these blazingly fast speeds hold up a little longer.

:greenblob: :redblob: :redblob: :o

----- Clifford -----

Thanks Everyone,

When I submitted my I-129F for K3 the instructions on the form at that time gave the address to the NVC in Chicago. My case number does have MSC at the beginning. So I do know it is with the MSC. When I called the NCSC on the first day I went past the processing time, I had a chance to speak with one of the VO's. She told me that as far as she could see on the computer, there were no problems or surprises. She told me that the "Status Request" would be the way to go and I should get an answer within 30 days. The rest is history.

The only petition I filed in NSC was the I-130.

The secomd Status Request is due to end on Dec. 6. I am going to call again, but this time I am going to follow up with a letter to Cong. Ryan (Wis.)

keelec, my wife and I have already come to the thought that mid to late summer next year is the target dates we are hoping for. As for where I'm from, I come from Ohio but have lived in many places due to military. First heard the phrase "Sam Hill" in Texas.

The total time is not what bothers me. The "Not Knowing Where" the process is, is what irritates me the most. Also the lack of an intelligent answer. The "I don't know" answer is what I expect from my grandson of 5 yo.

I'm ranting on now, so I'll stop. Thanks everyone for your input.

Bryan

You can basically figure on 90 working days for processing, don't you enjoy the blinding speed of paperwork processing :wub:  makes you wonder sometimes

What makes this all such a joke is the information at the top of the chart on the BCIS web site listing the processing dates. It tells you, you should have an answer 30 days after the posted receipt date on that site. :(