New Alimony Bill in MA

tonado

I wonder how this compare to other States.

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.boston.com/business/personalfin...chusetts_p.html

"A bill before the state legislature would limit alimony payments in many divorces to "a reasonable period of time" which is defined as half the length of the marriage, but no longer than 12 years unless the supported spouse has minor children. The goal of the bill is that "any party needing alimony shall be self-supporting within a reasonable period of time." The bill would also require alimony payments to drop 10 percent annually after 5 years (unless the recipient is not able to support him/herself through employment or has custody of a child under 16 years old.)"

Sounds good. My cousin married a gold-digging b!+*h in California and pays soooooo much in allimony...as in she would be better off just never getting married and collecting for as long as she can. At least this way, she would only be able to collect for like 2 or 3 years and she wouldn't be getting as much.

Hopefully this would discourage gold diggers.

I pay nearly 1/2 my net income to the ex !!!! :blink:

She vacations 3 times a year, has a brand new car a house 3x the size of mine, earns the same money herself, has before and after school care 5 days a week (she only works 3 days, baby sitters in the evenings so she and her live in BF can go out- all of which I'm paying for.

The courts here are so in favour of supporting the woman its F#$ked up. BTW we have the boys 130 days a year, makes little difference to payments as somehow I'm expected to support her social life. ;)

I pay nearly 1/2 my net income to the ex !!!! :D

She vacations 3 times a year, has a brand new car a house 3x the size of mine, earns the same money herself, has before and after school care 5 days a week (she only works 3 days, baby sitters in the evenings so she and her live in BF can go out- all of which I'm paying for.

The courts here are so in favour of supporting the woman its F#$ked up. BTW we have the boys 130 days a year, makes little difference to payments as somehow I'm expected to support her social life. :blink:

Hey you are not alone :(

I pay 370/week in child support plus 500/month (dont ask long story).

I pay half of all my kids activites/summer camps etc; almost 300/month

She lives in the house (all 5000 sq feet of it) we had togather.

She and the kids went on a cruise this year and were supposed to go to Aruba for Christmas but that got cancelled.

When Fen gets here we are going to rent a big ass 500 sq feet studio.

And oh next year my daughter goes to college and I have to come up with half her tution.

Anyone want to buy a kidney or something? :blink:

I pay nearly 1/2 my net income to the ex !!!! :)

The courts here are so in favour of supporting the woman its F#$ked up. BTW we have the boys 130 days a year, makes little difference to payments as somehow I'm expected to support her social life. :D

She and the kids went on a cruise this year and were supposed to go to Aruba for Christmas but that got cancelled.

And oh next year my daughter goes to college and I have to come up with half her tution.

Anyone want to buy a kidney or something? :blink:

Yan has gone on QQ and a big complaint with a new chinese wife is their standard of living when compared to the ex. 5000 /sq ft VS 500 sq ft. For the first year of marriage you will not hear anything.......then look out . It is even worse if present wife works and all her paycheck is sent to the ex. :o

I pay nearly 1/2 my net income to the ex !!!! :D

The courts here are so in favour of supporting the woman its F#$ked up. BTW we have the boys 130 days a year, makes little difference to payments as somehow I'm expected to support her social life. :blink:

Anyone want to buy a kidney or something? :o

Yan has gone on QQ and a big complaint with a new chinese wife is their standard of living when compared to the ex. 5000 /sq ft VS 500 sq ft. For the first year of marriage you will not hear anything.......then look out . It is even worse if present wife works and all her paycheck is sent to the ex. :(

Thanks for the warning.

I have explained this to her many many times , she is now tired of hearing it. I think :)