Could you give me some advice!

Welcome to CFL. It seems to me that most petitions are still taking between 9 and 12 months.  :rolleyes:

Chinadave

Dave is correct. From what I have seen, it is usually somewhere between nine to twelve months. Sometimes a little shorter, sometimes a little longer. Either way, it is shorter than it was a year ago when it often took as long as eighteen to twenty months. :greenblob:

Mick you are correct  I have waited 18 months so far and have not got the name clearance done , or P4 packet .  Something about the name clearance needs to be completed before P4 packet sent . I am still on the old system I think .

Ladd

There is really no justifiable excuse for it still taking eighteen months or longer. I am not sure if you are still under the old system, but if you have been waiting eighteen months, there is a good chance you are. Don, if you read this, whaddaya think? Old system or new? :D

Mick you are correct  I have waited 18 months so far and have not got the name clearance done , or P4 packet .  Something about the name clearance needs to be completed before P4 packet sent .   I am still on the old system I think .

Ladd

There is really no justifiable excuse for it still taking eighteen months or longer. I am not sure if you are still under the old system, but if you have been waiting eighteen months, there is a good chance you are. Don, if you read this, whaddaya think? Old system or new? :blink:

At eighteen months, has to be old process where P3 was returned to GZ and the clearances were submitted by them. NVC didn't touch it. The change to the new process occurred in the first week of March. Petitions approved at the service center before that date were sent to GZ. After that date, they were sent to NVC before being forwarded to GZ.

Don, should we revive the old "petitioner of the week" letter writing campaign? This seems like a good candidate ....18 months already?

Chinadave

9 to 12 months? The attorney I hired told me 1 year for a K-1 and 6 months for a K-3. It's why I went through all the hassels getting authentications, etc.

Did he tell me a fib?

If this is the case I guess I'll be going back to China before the honey gets to the USA. I'm not waiting that long to see her again

9 to 12 months? The attorney I hired told me 1 year for a K-1 and 6 months for a K-3. It's why I went through all the hassels getting authentications, etc.

Did he tell me a fib?

If this is the case I guess I'll be going back to China before the honey gets to the USA. I'm not waiting that long to see her again

I was told the same Marty, but my wife also wanted to be married as oppesed to being engaged. Supposedly the reason K3 is shorter is you dont have to go through the Service centers to get her here. Your petition goes to Chicago, onto Missouri, and then to NVC. This is supposed to take a shorter time. I have found it pretty well evens out by the time it gets to GZ.

If i had to make a wild guess, I would estimate it will be about 10 months start to finish for me. I am at the P3 process as we speak!

Patrick

In Jan 2003 I wrote a lawyer, this is what he said:

Darrell,

Given you are in Texas, a K1 fiancee visa or K3 spousal visa through China is taking appx. 11 months from the INS receipt date until the date of visa issuance.

We have a suggestion you might consider that would shorten processing time substantially if you will call us to discuss at 858-483-0300.

Our fees for either the K1 fiancee visa or K3 spousal visa are the same: $1800 with no children and $2300 with child or children. In addition you must pay a filing fee of $110 and your fiancee must pay a $100 visa application fee. She will also need a medical exam at a cost of appx. $100. For a K3 visa there is an additional $130 INS filing fee.

We obtain more than 600 K visas per year, including more than 50 from China, and have never failed to obtain the visa.

Allan S. Lolly, Esq.

Holmes & Lolly, Immigration Attorneys

858-483-0300

attorneys@fianceevisas.com

The suggestion he has is going to Thailand get married an file K3 from there he said it would be 6-8 months. because it would go through Thailand an not GZ

Hello

The final months will be around 20 months from the fileing date . After talking with Ms. Forman at GZ and Mortan at FBI . I do see the end . Interview date Jan.05 ,2004 , Visa Jan.06 ????? and In the air for 14 hours on the 7th :D I sure hope so . Thanks for the numbers and names to get this going again

:P :) :P :D I feel good now !!

Ladd

What a small world. Mr Lolly is the attorney I hired and his advice to me was word for word the same. He told me about the Thailand deal as well, but only after telling me 6 months for a K-3.

Did he mention his wife is Chinese?

I am not sure who I spoke with when I called but was very helpful an nice.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the biggest differences is which service center the application is sent to.

Texas and Nebraska are the worst.

Vermont is the best

California is somewhere in between.... May not be any better than Texas/Nebraska.

I have also seen a number of people listing MSC. (Missouri???) Often their timelines are shorter than average. I am not quite sure why some applications are sent to MSC. This may be one difference between K1 / K3 in some cases.

As far as I can tell, there is no other difference between the waits for K1/K3.

------ Clifford -----