Food in the USA

steveandrong

Rong found this link on 001....Now I'm not one to generally post links, but I found this one to be exceptional as Rong did also....Is all about food production in the USA...for those with weak stomachs, please feel forewarned...here it is.... http://hd.openv.com/mov_play-hdmovie_20091203_7136982.html

What's especially interesting is at the end of this when you get to see our FDA representatives and their credentials

Edited by steveandrong (see edit history)

docu-drama and edu-drama at their best.

The way this stuff sells is to make claims that somehow it is really bad, or how offensive it is that someone makes a profit or it is all hush hush no one will talk about it.

The strange part is somehow people think that no animals are harmed when they buy saran wrapped tenderloin and no blood or guts is seen.

Personally I like the conglomerates IMO they have done a great job of ensuring progress when it comes to feeding billions of people safely. I do not want to rely on the dude down the street to be my butcher.

Rong found this link on 001....Now I'm not one to generally post links, but I found this one to be exceptional as Rong did also....Is all about food production in the USA...for those with weak stomachs, please feel forewarned...here it is.... http://hd.openv.com/mov_play-hdmovie_20091203_7136982.html

What's especially interesting is at the end of this when you get to see our FDA representatives and their credentials

City people have alienated themselves from the farm and where their foods come from. The image is what they want to think and industry plays with it so the squeemish can eat their steak in contentment.

I have actually met people that eat steak and think it is not from a cow. They actually call it beef animal which some how makes eating them better.

Thankfullly FDA which rarely inspects and has few controls does not inspect meat or poultry. This is under USDA with daily inspection. Supermarkets are however under your local health department with little control.