Chinese "funeral...?"

Is anyone familiar with a ceremony or ritual that takes place so many days after a family member has passed that is two days in duration?

I do not know the Chinese name for it but I was told it was a ceremony to "release the soul(s) from purgatory."

Would anyone who is familiar with this ceremony please give me a more detailed explanation of what is involved?

Thanks you!

Gary there have been some very, very good information on this forum about this subject in the past if you would like to dig it up. I am not very good at that. Some even included very good pictures. I can't even remember who posted the information. I think he is gone now. Seems as though it was Dennis but not sure at all.

Larry

Thank you Larry and Dave!

I did not ask her about it. I only listened to what she told me. It is just that she invited to her fathers.....I said yes of course...not knowing much about it. She said it lasts two days and that it continues over night. She said she did not expect me to stay awake with them over night.

At least she said I was of great comfort to talk to during this sad event.

Gary there have been some very, very good information on this forum about this subject in the past if you would like to dig it up. I am not very good at that. Some even included very good pictures. I can't even remember who posted the information. I think he is gone now. Seems as though it was Dennis but not sure at all.

Larry

I did not ask her about it. I only listened to what she told me. It is just that she invited to her fathers.....I said yes of course...not knowing much about it. She said it lasts two days and that it continues over night. She said she did not expect me to stay awake with them over night.

Good to see you Gary... I see you jumped back on the proverbial Horse, no pun intended B) How's life treating you? It's been a while.

Larry

Good to see you Gary... I see you jumped back on the proverbial Horse, no pun intended B) How's life treating you? It's been a while.

Hello Charles!

Life has been treating me very well! Without saying too much...I think this is the one...this will last the rest of my life! That's my story....

Larry

Good to see you Gary... I see you jumped back on the proverbial Horse, no pun intended :D How's life treating you? It's been a while.

Hello Charles!

Life has been treating me very well! Without saying too much...I think this is the one...this will last the rest of my life! That's my story....

If I have any advice, take your time. I wish you the best. Get to know each other first.

The only things I have seen are the customary ones, one was held outside of Yans moms condo lasted two days, day and night , third day when I got up everything was gone , another funeral was at the outher end of the condo association and his was with rock music and danceing lights, mush have ben into good music