Visas in Hand...finally!

Finally! Rachel's, and Jenny's, visa are in their hands!

Rachel went into the Consulate on Tuesday (12/08) afternoon, to present the call-in letter and passports. She was instructed to come back on Wednesday afternoon, where they gave her the Pink Slip, and she made arrangements for the passports to be delivered to the Post Office by EMS. She picked up the package on Friday morning, and flew back home on Friday afternoon.

Rachel spent four nights in Guangzhou, and the poor girl was absolutely bored to tears.

The plan now is for me to fly to Shanghai on February 12th, spend a week with the family, :D then the three of us will fly to the US on February 20.

:happy2: It's a 10 week countdown, until Lao Po and Ni Ni Tou are finally here! It's time to end this year long separation! :happy2:

Rachel went into the Consulate on Tuesday (12/08) afternoon, to present the call-in letter and passports. She was instructed to come back on Wednesday afternoon, where they gave her the Pink Slip, and she made arrangements for the passports to be delivered to the Post Office by EMS. She picked up the package on Friday morning, and flew back home on Friday afternoon.

Rachel spent four nights in Guangzhou, and the poor girl was absolutely bored to tears.

The plan now is for me to fly to Shanghai on February 12th, spend a week with the family, :D then the three of us will fly to the US on February 20.

:happy2: It's a 10 week countdown, until Lao Po and Ni Ni Tou are finally here! It's time to end this year long separation! :happy2:

That is wonderful news....Congrats

The plan now is for me to fly to Shanghai on February 12th, spend a week with the family, <_< then the three of us will fly to the US on February 20.

:yahoo: It's a 10 week countdown, until Lao Po and Ni Ni Tou are finally here! It's time to end this year long separation! :yahoo:

Congratulations-what wonderful news! Doesn't it feel great to finally see an end to all the waiting?

As Tom Petty says, "The waiting is the hardest part."

CONGRATULATIONS!

After all that waiting, it is great to see that you were able to get the visas! Best wishes for your new lives together. I believe you will get to be in China for the Spring Festival! (Chinese New Year falls on February 14, I think!) Have a great time, it will be wonderful to have them with you!

CONGRATULATIONS!

After all that waiting, it is great to see that you were able to get the visas! Best wishes for your new lives together. I believe you will get to be in China for the Spring Festival! (Chinese New Year falls on February 14, I think!) Have a great time, it will be wonderful to have them with you!

Congratulations!

CONGRATULATIONS!

That was always the plan. Now it's a reality! I love to be in China, for the Spring Festival.

Congratulations-what wonderful news! Doesn't it feel great to finally see an end to all the waiting?

As Tom Petty says, "The waiting is the hardest part."

Mr. Petty is a wise man. And yes, it does feel good! The beginning is near!

This whole process actually started in November 2008, when my company recalled me to the USA, one year early.

• 3 weeks later...