QQ For Phones

Is this what she's looking for?

http://mobile.qq.com/m/Nokia/E71

This will probably be quite useful in the communications forum. I'm sure I'll have to find this again after my wife gets her phone in the States

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

We just bought a pair of Nokia E71xs and my wife wants to put QQ on it.

Has anybody tried this?

Ohhh I have the E71 (bought it unlocked from the internet). I absolutely LOVE it to death. I had a Blackberry and other smart phones but this is my favorite. Let me know any other cool apps you find for it. I have been desperately looking for either Chinese (simplified) or Japanese language input but it does not seem to exist with this. If you can get QQ, will she be able to use it in Chinese? I can't even read Chinese on my E71 no matter how many times I try to install the thing. Maybe the xs makes it better :D Let me know!

Edited by xiaofeizhu (see edit history)

This will probably be quite useful in the communications forum. I'm sure I'll have to find this again after my wife gets her phone in the States

The one thing I regret is that I did not bring a good Chinese phone to the US with me. It would have been so much easier! Since I use AT&T/Cingular, the SIM card works fine either way (I used my Cingular SIM card in China, got charged $2/minute but it worked) and the US SIM cards work in Chinese phones. I brought my Blackberry back from China, but it was on its last leg and finally went kapoot a few months ago. It is very difficult to find a phone that will do Chinese (and for me, Japanese) in the US unless you get an iPhone (blek)...

Of course, if you are planning to use Verizon this does not work because they don't have SIM cards.

My Nokia E71 will surely work in China but since it doesn't have Chinese language ability, it would suck to try to write to people in pinyin. Having it already installed in a Chinese phone is much easier, and you can use it to e-mail or do internet stuff.

ps... Has anyone heard of/tried Psiloc Crystal? You cn supposedly read an input Chinese with it. I have read good things but am wondering if it's worth $180 ($90 each for Chinese and Japanese). If it truly works and is good I would not mind...

Edit

I did install the qq on my phone just now (option 3, direct phone download) and it seems fine, but like I said I can't see Chinese, just rectangles...

Edited by xiaofeizhu (see edit history)

Moving, yep this is NOT TWISTED.

#1 question, whats the cost ?

#2 whats the advantage

I suspect it will either use the phones data plan (Internet), or somehow uses SMS, so depends on the amount of data used, or number of SMS messages.

I have used Skype on my smart phone, it uses the data plan.

#2 QQ on the go.

#1 question, whats the cost ?

#2 whats the advantage

I suspect it will either use the phones data plan (Internet), or somehow uses SMS, so depends on the amount of data used, or number of SMS messages.

I have used Skype on my smart phone, it uses the data plan.

#2 QQ on the go.

I love that the E71 has wireless internet capabilities. I do not have a data plan (the main reason I chose to spend $300 upfront for the phone is because Cingular charges a minimum of $30/month for the data packages which means I could keep my phone for like 6 months to make it a deal because the phone is still $99 from Cingular). The wi-fi makes is good to use at places where I have internet, other than that I will use the data without a plan. So with respect to that, it can actually be free to use QQ.

We actually got the phones for just a $20 upgrade.

Wife went to Chinatown (SF) and ordered the phones and they put $180 on the credit card.

When she picked up the phones she was given $180 cash back and we were all set with AT&T without the data plan.

Works great with wireless.

I check Nokia's FAQ and they said you cannot install Chinese. However I found another forum that says you can install Psiloc Crystal.

I'll let my wife research this further since the Chinese seem to have a knack for getting around things. :)

We actually got the phones for just a $20 upgrade.

Wife went to Chinatown (SF) and ordered the phones and they put $180 on the credit card.

When she picked up the phones she was given $180 cash back and we were all set with AT&T without the data plan.

Works great with wireless.

I check Nokia's FAQ and they said you cannot install Chinese. However I found another forum that says you can install Psiloc Crystal.

I'll let my wife research this further since the Chinese seem to have a knack for getting around things. :)

The Psiloc Crystal is what I am planning on downloading soon...my hubby just approved it hehe :) I am actually using my phone to write this using the wi fi because I am too lazy to get my laptop out. I also have no data plan. Isn't it a great phone? Let me know what your wife finds out about the Psiloc. I heard only good things about it so far but you never know.

Did you ever find out anything about the Psiloc Crystal? There are a lot of good reviews on it...and my hubby needs a new phone for his ABCs (anniversary birthday christmas since they all fall within like 2 weeks of each other). I want to get him the same phone but I know he "needs" Chinese language capabilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update if you're still wondering.

I downloaded the QQ for my E71. Tonight I just downloaded the Psiloc Crystal for Chinese and Japanese. It works well and now I can see all the characters on the QQ! One problem is that I have not signed into my QQ for like a year and I forgot my ID number so I have to go ask my hubby later. It seems like it will work fine, though.

Anyway, the Psiloc Crystal is very good, the only problem is that you cannot run both the Japanese and Chinese together. SOOOOO, if you just want it to be able to read and write Chinese, then it is fine. If you want to be able to do Chinese and another language at the same time, it does not work well...actually it does not work at all...you can only do one at a time. But I still highly reccommend it.

Just an update if you're still wondering.

I downloaded the QQ for my E71. Tonight I just downloaded the Psiloc Crystal for Chinese and Japanese. It works well and now I can see all the characters on the QQ! One problem is that I have not signed into my QQ for like a year and I forgot my ID number so I have to go ask my hubby later. It seems like it will work fine, though.

Anyway, the Psiloc Crystal is very good, the only problem is that you cannot run both the Japanese and Chinese together. SOOOOO, if you just want it to be able to read and write Chinese, then it is fine. If you want to be able to do Chinese and another language at the same time, it does not work well...actually it does not work at all...you can only do one at a time. But I still highly reccommend it.

where did you download QQ for the E71?