P-3 sent!!!! WoooooHoooooo

Called DOS today and Guz has sent the P-3. Ok now I get confused. How long do I have to get things ready? I need to file my taxes Jan 1st. Dose anyone know the soonest I can file my Taxes? Can I do it Jan 1? If I do it that day I will use my Pay stubs and not the W-2 forms.

I'm excited and worried at the same time.

Robert

Called DOS today and Guz has sent the P-3. Ok now I get confused. How long do I have to get things ready? I need to file my taxes Jan 1st. Dose anyone know the soonest I can file my Taxes? Can I do it Jan 1? If I do it that day I will use my Pay stubs and not the W-2 forms.

I'm excited and worried at the same time.

Robert

Not being a lawyer here or anything - but I would think that you could file your taxes without the W-2's, and then file an amended return before April 15 without any adverse consequences.

BUT - why file? That is, why would you mail it in? You can fill out the return, and hold on to it until you NEED to mail it in - which would be before her interview.

Now before you mail it in, you make a copy. Guess what? The copy looks EXACTLY the same whether you've mailed in the original or not.

If you're still thinking transcripts, they MAY not be available until your return is complete (with W-2's)

Once you know P-3 has been sent you can send they required docs (OF-169 and DS-230 part 1) to the consulate.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...m169-May_09.pdf

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DS-0230.pdf (Part 1)

Mail to:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

The consulate wont require you to provide 2009 return unless interview is past the normal filing deadline (April 15)

Technically a K-1 only needs to show sufficient income of 125% of the poverty guidelines. There are a number of ways that can be done. In reality a VO can ask for anything they please. Reports of blue slips for the most recent tax year in Feb happened a few years ago although i haven't heard of it happening since. I doubt she will have her interview before February. The law says your employer must get you your W-2 by February 1st. W-2s would be better than check stubs.

Incase you forgot I have issues meeting the min income requirement for last year. So I need to make sure I have this years income for the proof. As Randy said I think I can just turn in the return along with copies of my paycheck stubs if needed.

I have issues with the low income also. I will get this years tax return ready to mail. I can email a copy to my Fiancee, and try to get a transcript asap, to combine with my other 3 transcripts. I do not have a co-sponser, so hope having a clear home title, and deed, along with IRA cds, and other accounts will be enough to make GUZ happy. Good luck Robert..

Congrats! Your interview is right around the corner!!!

I would also wait until my W2s before filing for my taxes. No sense get ahead of yourself and then have to fix things. Besides, we are all cheering for an interview before April! You wouldn't need the taxes before then!

Good luck, all that's left is to wait for P4! WOOHOO!!! :D