Lets talk "front loading"

Guest Pommey

• 2 weeks later...

Uh, so if we didn't front load the application of a K-1, does GUZ accept them later? We never took any pictures(my camera was in the US, and he uses his phone for that kind of thing, and both of us are not the camera happy people). I'm considering flying back to take those pictures but if GUZ doesn't take them, does that mean my application is already failed? Would it be better if I went during his interview instead and take pictures a few days beforehand?

Uh, so if we didn't front load the application of a K-1, does GUZ accept them later? We never took any pictures(my camera was in the US, and he uses his phone for that kind of thing, and both of us are not the camera happy people). I'm considering flying back to take those pictures but if GUZ doesn't take them, does that mean my application is already failed? Would it be better if I went during his interview instead and take pictures a few days beforehand?

GUZ will take pictures at the interview. Most of the time they ask if you have any. Just make sure you have several of the 2 of you togther and be able to explain where they were taken if asked. We had 85 pictures at the interview but they only looked at about 10.

The pictures that are sent in with your K1 application to USCIS do not make it to GUZ.

Judging from recent interview trends pictures are very important at interview time, some with the two of you and some with family.

Front-loading is important for one reason. No matter what the issue or potential "red flag", if USCIS knows about it and still approves and forwards your application, it cannot be used against you later in the process.

I know, I know, "cannot be used against you" is a stupid term. But that is their rules even though they don't follow them.

The initial application is the time to explain short divorce-to-meeting times, quick meeting-to-first travel times, anything that may make anyone reading your file to feel that "something is wrong with this picture". Get it done and out of the way at the get go!

Reading many of the posts from people that went through the Interview, I see that many have a quick interview with very few questions ask. I would think that a well prepared Application from the start, front loaded, that the VO has their mind made up before the interview happens, in many cases.

Hm. Well we're both young so none of the usual barriers except the income part(as I just graduated but I can easily find a sponsor) and the no pictures and keeping chat logs stuff..which is probably the hardest barrier right now. Maybe I should wait to see if I get an RFE or NOA2 before I decide when to go.

The pictures that are sent in with your K1 application to USCIS do not make it to GUZ.

Are you sure about that?

This is what I was told by the people that helped with our K1 paperwork and the translations.

They did not tell you the truth - I saw pictures I had submitted with the original K1 application at the AOS interview.

I recommend that you print pictures 4 or 6 on an 8 1/2x11 page for submission. This can help tremendously in showing your relationship to the O. Remember that these pictures will be in the VO's hands before the interrview begins, and can help set the overall tone.

I don't buy into the "can't be used against you" argument - what Larry says is exactly true, but you need to paint a picture of a loving relationship, not present excuses. What "can't be used against you" CAN be used to open doors for further questioning.

Excuses approved by USCIS cannot override the law - that they CANNOT award a visa to a non-bonafide relationship (remember this term is VERY easily tossed around by GUZ whenever they feel like using it).

Just use caution and don't lose sight of your goal - to present a picture of a loving relationship.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Are you sure about that?

This is what I was told by the people that helped with our K1 paperwork and the translations.

They did not tell you the truth - I saw pictures I had submitted with the original K1 application at the AOS interview.

I recommend that you print pictures 4 or 6 on an 8 1/2x11 page for submission.

Yes........the file stays pretty much together I would say.

We filed DCF but they kept everything we submitted as well, including the paperclips we used to keep everything together.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=520652

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=527093

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)