Getting ready for my 2nd trip

Getting ready for my second trip. I've seen a lot of good info and advice. I got a few questions.

1. Does "No Jet lag" really work? 13 hours difference, boy was I ever upside down last time. And then when I got home it was all I could do to stay awake after lunch. It will be 8:30 pm when I get there (China time).

2. I was trying to think of some gifts to bring there. I don't think anyone drinks, so alcohols not a good suggestion.

A. Someone mentioned "Grits" somewhere. I was thinking about that for her parents. My GF didn't know what they were. I told her ground corn. She understood.

B. She has a couple of nephews around 9 or 10. What could I get these little rug rats.

C. Her sister, who gave me green tea to bring home last time. Grits too maybe?

And I guess I can think of something for my baby. I pretty much spoil her when I'm there anyway.

3. It's going to be cold. Any suggestions there besides the obvious that I need warm clothes. Last time I brought so many clothes I didn't need.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Danny

Getting ready for my second trip. I've seen a lot of good info and advice. I got a few questions.

1. Does "No Jet lag" really work? 13 hours difference, boy was I ever upside down last time. And then when I got home it was all I could do to stay awake after lunch. It will be 8:30 pm when I get there (China time).

2. I was trying to think of some gifts to bring there. I don't think anyone drinks, so alcohols not a good suggestion.

A. Someone mentioned "Grits" somewhere. I was thinking about that for her parents. My GF didn't know what they were. I told her ground corn. She understood.

B. She has a couple of nephews around 9 or 10. What could I get these little rug rats.

And I guess I can think of something for my baby. I pretty much spoil her when I'm there anyway.

3. It's going to be cold. Any suggestions there besides the obvious that I need warm clothes. Last time I brought so many clothes I didn't need.

Danny

1 - i never try it but i do try not to sleep before the flight so i can sleep. my trip is 16 hours.

2 - ginseng is the best, besides alochol and american cigaretts/cigars

2a - i dont know about grits.

2b - maybe action figures

2c - ginseng tea

2f - for your baby, 24k gold bracelet

3 - american medications for cold/cough/flu

good luck and safe trip. :D :lol:

Danny

Yeah for the jet lag just don't sleep till you get there unless you arrive in the morning then wait even longer till bedtime to go to sleep....for the kids try some sports jerseys (my wife said see if they have PSP..playstation portable.. games and you could get them that it is very popular now in china), and defiantly candy. for the parents make sure to take them out for dinner (pending they allow you to spend money on them) my inlaws i took a bottle of wine a nice simple gift as they dont drink too much but wine is for health a good red wine and that is a good gesture telling them you are looking for their health and well being. ( my wifes parents have an occasional glass of wine not really drinker)

for the mom maybe some american made hand lotion (my wife said that would be a good idea) NO CLOCKS that is sending them to their death...

if you know his size try getting dad a nice coat like a blazer or jacket maybe ask your gf to find the size for you. (i hope these suggestions help me and my wife tried to think of what her parents would like and her family when considering the ideas....

I would like to say, take many pictures, select the ones with the best effect labeling them with "First China Trip", "Second China Trip", "Third China Trip"...etc, annotating the places, people's addressing(such as Aunt, nephew). Later these will be the good evidence for interview.

We got married in China in 2003. This year, we celebrated our sixth marriage anniversary and looked at the old pictures we have taken. Now I am in the seventh year of my marriage. We didn't know CFL where people could get great information when we got married. We happened to have loved our photos and we put them in the albums and labeld them. Later later we knew we could show these albums to Visa Officer to prove our marriage was true. Hubby got the idea that a spousal visa only took 3 months to be done, since he called a lawyer who advertized online and this lawyer told hubby she charged $5000 to get a spousal visa process done in 3 months. So we decided we started to apply a visa for me when I was ready to leave my China family. Before we applied the visa for me, hubby and I spent a lot of time in China, staying with my family, travelling. That was the happiest time we have ever had. Then we decided three months later, we move to USA, and we applied the visa. But the visa never came in three months. :lol: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: I wonder how could those lawyers keep their words. It took about a year or so to get my visa, just like any common visa process, with no hindering, everybody is waiting in an order. When I got my visa, it would soon be our second marriage anniverary and we celebrated it with his American family in USA.

Edited by fineart (see edit history)

Thanks All, I appreciate the input.

To Fineart, yes I'll be taking many more pictures and gathering much evidence. Last time I took over 400. haha But like a birdbrain I didn't have the date set right. This time I will. I do have an attorney, but no promises of expidited visas. It's a husband and wife team who went through the same process. I'm not sure what country she is from but they keep me straight. Thanks for sharing your experience.

To A Reynolds, I like the sport shirts idea. I'll have to get them a couple of Dolphin jerseys. Candy wouldn't hurt either. The lotion sounds like a good idea also. I'll have to get with my GF about her father. He's pretty sick and frail right now. I've got to get her daughter something also. I forgot to mention that, duh. I really appreciate the thought that you and your wife put in to this. Oh and thanks for the tip about clocks.

Hey Robert, I agree with you and Areynolds. I think I'm better off just staying awake for the whole flight. Last time I don't think I slept hardly a wink for about 3 days prior to leaving. This time I'm going to get my Doc to give me some ambien.

To George, Thanks for the advice. Ginseng tea does sound good. My baby gets a Diamond Ring when I get there. The cold/cough/flu suggestion will definitely be followed.

Once again, thanks everybody. I can't beleive how every one goes out of their way to help people here. This is a great website. I'm really getting excited. 38 days and my baby and I will be walking hand in hand.

Danny

Edited by Danny999 (see edit history)

As far as lotions and such go here is a list of stuff a young woman in China wants us to get for her. Maybe these are well known high quality American beauty products they can't get in China.

KIEHL’S ( CUCUMBER HERBAL ALCOHOL-FREE TONER ) 250ml x2

KIEHL’S (CUCUMBER HERBAL ALCOHOL-FREE TONER ) 500ml x4

KIEHL’S ( CALENDULA HERBAL EXTRACT ALCOHOL-FREETONER) 250ml x1

(Kiehl’s)

http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/face/index.aspx?

Qiora (www.qiora.com)

qiora MOISTURE BALANCE VI 125 ml x1

qiora MOISTURE BALANCE IV 125 ml x1

qiora FACE CLEANSE(cleansing foam mousse nettoyante)x2

multi-treatment hair lotion (natural spray)brume capillaire multi-traitante x1

Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works white tea & Ginger Anti-Bacterial DEEP CLEANSING HAND GEL with vitamins B5 & E kills germs without water X3

Bath & Body Works WIld honeysuckle Anti-Bacterial DEEP CLEANSING HAND GEL X1

Tom’s of Maine

www.tomsofmaine.com/products/deodorant.aspx

Original care deodorant Stick x 1

Long-lasting care deodorant Stick x 1

Sensitive care deodorant x 1

As far as lotions and such go here is a list of stuff a young woman in China wants us to get for her. Maybe these are well known high quality American beauty products they can't get in China.

KIEHL¡¯S ( CUCUMBER HERBAL ALCOHOL-FREE TONER £© 250ml x2

KIEHL¡¯S £¨CUCUMBER HERBAL ALCOHOL-FREE TONER £© 500ml x4

KIEHL¡¯S £¨ CALENDULA HERBAL EXTRACT ALCOHOL-FREETONER£© 250ml x1

£¨Kiehl¡¯s£©

http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/face/index.aspx?

Qiora £¨www.qiora.com)

qiora MOISTURE BALANCE VI 125 ml x1

qiora MOISTURE BALANCE IV 125 ml x1

qiora FACE CLEANSE£¨cleansing foam mousse nettoyante£©x2

multi-treatment hair lotion (natural spray)brume capillaire multi-traitante x1

Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works white tea & Ginger Anti-Bacterial DEEP CLEANSING HAND GEL with vitamins B5 & E kills germs without water X3

Bath & Body Works WIld honeysuckle Anti-Bacterial DEEP CLEANSING HAND GEL X1

Tom¡¯s of Maine

www.tomsofmaine.com/products/deodorant.aspx

Original care deodorant Stick x 1

Long-lasting care deodorant Stick x 1

Sensitive care deodorant x 1

Wow thanks Warped, that's a pretty good list. One of my ex's used to order everything from Kiehls.

Dark chocolate makes a good gift, too. You can take some high quality dark chocolate in individually wrapped pieces and she can share with family, friends, co-workers. Not sure where you are (East Coast?) but you should be able to get some locally or online. Local nuts, too (I mean the kind that grow on trees) :lol:

Where are you going in January? I'll be in Hainan with my GF the two weeks after Christmas.

Nice dogs, BTW; I grew up with collies.

Tim

Dark chocolate makes a good gift, too. You can take some high quality dark chocolate in individually wrapped pieces and she can share with family, friends, co-workers. Not sure where you are (East Coast?) but you should be able to get some locally or online. Local nuts, too (I mean the kind that grow on trees) :D

Where are you going in January? I'll be in Hainan with my GF the two weeks after Christmas.

Nice dogs, BTW; I grew up with collies.

Tim

Hey Tim,

Another good suggestion. Dark Chocolate. Who doesn't like chocolate? Maybe if we offer Iran some dark chocolate they might give up their nuke program. Sorry, just a thought.

I'm in south Florida. I could probaly get my hands on pecans (pronounced, PEE-CANS) or walnuts. But will I be able to get something like nuts through?

I'll start my trip in Shenzhen, and then head for Juijiang, then back to Guangzhou. Can't wait. Aint it cool?

My dogs are shelties. They look like miniature collies. They're spoiled rotten. They boss me around. My chickens are spoiled too but at least they give me eggs.

I just punched in Hainan on Google Earth. Wow, I bet thats beautiful. Your going to be cold too I see. Brrrr! I hope to broaden my horizons with every trip.

Take Care

Danny

We bring candy for the kids, cigarettes for the men, and American ginseng for the old folks. For women, once we brought French perfume.

Thanks Bruce

A few people have mentioned ginseng. Is the ginseng we have here better than what they have there?

Hmmm? I'm going to have to ask a girl about the perfume. I don't have a clue.

Thanks

Danny

I just remembered a gift that my Mother in law loves. Its those little hand held lint rollers that use the sticky tape. You can pick em up at walmart or almost anywhere very cheap. The Mother inlaw absolutely loves these. She has us bring back about 15 of them for her each trip. I think she gives them out to people.