Well,

I took a chance and called GZ , my intent was to talk to Linda Donahue, but got another VO who spoke with me for about 30 minutes and answered a lot of my questions.

The following is a rough transcript. I promised not to use her name.

She told me that it will not take any longer than 120 days from NVC mailing the case to being uploaded into the system.

Of course, I asked why so many cases just recieved by the consulate were processed out of order, she vehemently denied that this is happening.

(I just can't get a straight answer on this one from GZ or DOS.)

Next she told me if the case was processed after April ( when the new method began ) once the case was uploaded into the system this would generate another name check( apparently to double check) and when cleared, an interview letter would be sent.

Basically this means no P3 documents would be required or sent because OF169 and DS230 is supposed to already be included with the case sent from NVC.

This might explain why so many ppl were not getting P3 documents after they confirmed being uploaded into the computer system.

I don't know if this info helps or hurts, but I am still waiting for uploading confirmation.

Next she told me if the case was processed after April ( when the new method began ) once the case was uploaded into the system this would generate another name check( apparently to double check) and when cleared, an interview letter would be sent.

Basically this means no P3 documents would be required or sent because OF169 and DS230 is supposed to already be included with the case sent from NVC.

This might explain why so many ppl were not getting P3 documents after they confirmed being uploaded into the computer system.

Glad you got through and talked to someone who could help. Persistence pays off, eh? :)

The procedure that you described... This is for K3's? I'm a K1 and the OF169 and DS230 were in the P3 packet, not from NVC. Anyway I thought the second name check is generated after the P3 is returned, not when they upload the case into the system???

Jerry

She told me that it will not take any longer than 120 days from NVC mailing the case to being uploaded into the system.

4 months is a LONG time to wait. But, hopefully they can try to keep to that as an absolute maximum.

Of course, I asked why so many cases just recieved by the consulate were processed out of order, she vehemently denied that this is happening.

(I just can't get a straight answer on this one from GZ or DOS.)

They will probably never admit to processing cases out of order. But, perhaps by asking someone at the top they will encourage finding the oldest cases and processing them first.

That is smart. What if your fiancee robbed a bank between the time the NVC finished their name check and the packet passed through Chinese customs and is processed by GZ?

This could obviously be a point of delays. I assume the namecheck is done by the same FBI processing center that did the first one. Perhaps they would keep some of the information that they learned and make the check shorter the second time.

In a sense, it would be good to be tied into the local police system, but I doubt the US has that kind of power (thus they require you to bring a police certificate).

SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SIT DOWN AND THINK ABOUT WHAT POSSIBLE BENEFIT COULD BE GOTTEN FROM REQUIRING SO MUCH REDUNDANCY.

Of course, there are visas that don't originate in the USA and would require different processing.

Was ths a K1 - K3 difference? Perhaps that could account for some differences. Do the K3 applicants go directly to P4?

----- Clifford -----

I have to say, in general I think they actually ARE processing cases in order received at the consulate. It's just that ours - you, bobby and me - have been misplaced somehow.

If you look at the numbers they correlate really well with a FIFO system. Except us. I spoke to my lawyer today and she said that in other consulates groups of cases are assigned to individual workers. She doesn't know if GZ operates this way but, if they do, maybe this is the source of the problem. Maybe our boxes ended up on the messiest desk... Who knows.

I'm trying to take a particular tact in my contact with GZ and DOS. I'm saying to them, "Here's my data. I think it suggests that some cases have been either misplaced or lost somehow." My problem just seems to be finding someone who give a sh*t.

I'd have to say, I find this one rather confusing. At its face value, one would think that they are not sending P3's any more, but many people have been receiving P3's. I wouldn't really mind the 4 month wait (its right around the corner anyway) if they just went ahead and scheduled the interview.

What if we were able to get case #'s for cases that have already been processed ahead of us? I know they can't tell us anything about the cases, but they can look at their own data and see that these cases are moving ahead of our own. It irks me that they refuse to just admit that they're out of control.

I have to say, in general I think they actually ARE processing cases in order received at the consulate.  It's just that ours - you, bobby and me - have been misplaced somehow.

Rob, a number of us encountered the same problem at the TSC. Despite their claims that petitions were processed in order, the advocacy group discovered two things. First, some petitions were assigned to workers who, shall we say, were a bit slow, and these petitions were processed "out of sequence". Also, we found that a number of petitions were misplaced or lost, and it took almost an act of Congress to get the TSC to acknowledge this and correct the problem. I had one buddy whose petition was lost, and it took an extra three months for TSC to locate it. :)

I'd have to say, I find this one rather confusing. At its face value, one would think that they are not sending P3's any more, but many people have been receiving P3's. I wouldn't really mind the 4 month wait (its right around the corner anyway) if they just went ahead and scheduled the interview.

What if we were able to get case #'s for cases that have already been processed ahead of us? I know they can't tell us anything about the cases, but they can look at their own data and see that these cases are moving ahead of our own. It irks me that they refuse to just admit that they're out of control.

It was late and I may have mis-understood what she was trying to explain to me. It doesn't make sense. The P3 documents are still sent,but the second background check is started when the case is uploaded. I was told that there is so much mis- information about P3 and P4, perhaps Bobby and Rob could also call GZ. 011-86-20-8121-8000 wait for english press 1 then wait for operator or press 0 ask for Linda Donahue or whom ever answers.

To clarify some of the confusion, here is what I know:

The K3 is a family based petition. NVC sends/receives Pkt 3 ( DS 230, Biographic Data, Etc.,) in the States and then forwards it to GUZ. While K-1 is considered a non-immigrant petition, NVC just conduct a clerical review and forwards the petition to GUZ, and then GUZ sends Pkt 3 to K 1 applicants.

Once GUZ receives the DS 230, it is uploaded into the Immigrant Visa Applicant Control System (IVACS), which automatically generate CLASS checks. The Consular Lookout and Support System (CLASS) consists of a large (several million names) automated data base in Washington, CD, which contains the names of aliens who have been found ineligible for visas. If the results indicate "No Record", appointment will be sheduled in the order received. If there is a "HIT", it will be required Departmental opinions from DOS prior to issurance of visa.

K3 - P3

Maybe I can resolve some of the confusion.

K3's begin the process by first applying with the I-130. This document usually runs a course of 2 to 3 years to process, and bestows permanent residence status on ones spouse.

Because of the long process time for the I- 130, the K3 was started to allow the spouse to come to the states and wait out the I-130 by following the same path as the K1 (fiance)

The DOS process instructions to post (GZ) states that the K3 process will "mirror" that of the K1.

In almost all cases, the process will be the same. The K3 spouse in China will receive packet 3 from GZ which will include the OF169 and DS230.

When GZ sends packet 3 to the spouse or fiance they start (cable a request) for the second name check to the US.

Now for the confusing part. When your local service center (VSC in my case) approves the I-130 petition (normaly a 2-3 year process), they forward it to NVC. NVC assigns a GUZ number, then sends a OF169 and

DS230 to the petitioner (me) here in the States. This is the point where the lady in GZ stated not to send the OF169 / DS230 to GZ but directly to the NVC. Remember, this is only for the I-130 petition. Most people will not get to this process because of the long process time - therefore the creation of the K3.

So K3 apps will continue to wait for their P3's out of GZ, the 2nd name check, P4 and interview as always.

I am in the strange zone of having a K3 shipping to GZ on 17 of Nov, and a I-130 approved in a blistering 4 months (VSC). NVC assigned a GUZ# to the I-130 on the 19th Nov, so I'm waiting to see which one plays through first.

Dean

It was late and I may have mis-understood what she was trying to explain to me. It doesn't make sense. The P3 documents are still sent,but the second background check is started when the case is uploaded. I was told that there is so much mis- information about P3 and P4, perhaps Bobby and Rob could also call GZ.  011-86-20-8121-8000  wait for english press 1 then wait for operator or press 0 ask for Linda Donahue or whom ever answers.

No problem. I'm going to spend the weekend compiling data and composing a letter to my congressperson (Jim DeMint ( R ) SC)). I'm also going to compile some timeline information and e-mail that to GZ and call them either Monday or Tuesday, their time.

Rob, if you and ..er.. "Francine-gg" want me to include your information (which actually might make for a more compelling case), go ahead and send the information to me (case #, specific dates, names, etc). I'll let you know if he requests specific correspondence. Once I get this stuff together, I'll send it to you guys and you can send similar information to your representatives. You can find your representitaves here: http://www.house.gov/. I'm not sure how fast they'll be able to move on this stuff, as we're entering the holiday season, but doing anything is better than doing nothing.

Hey Bobby, I am also from S.C., I have sent a request to Senator Hollings and they have already contacted me wanting some specifics. I will call them today.

My problem stems from not getting any information from GZ. DOS says my p3 has been sent, but GZ will not confirm, in fact they wont reply at all!

Good to hear there's someone else from SC here.. Sorry to hear GZ isn't getting back to you, have you tried calling them directly?

Every day, I see different timelines here and watch as my case gets older and older. Won't be long before I'm one of the older cases.. I wonder if I can get my status upgrade to 'Black-holer' from 'P3 Pit Crew' :lol:

I found out yesterday that my Senator's office (Feinstein) actually did contact GZ on my behalf over a month ago.  Didn't do much good.

You're welcome to include my info in your contacts with your Senator.  I'll PM it to you.

Bobby,

I will also PM you, but remember GZ will not let anyone inquire status of a case unless you are the petitioner or benificiary.

But it is worth a shot.