Blue Slip- 221(g)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about the blue. Let's hope it's an easy overcome and not the hassle that Okie2 had to go through.

Phone call from consulate on Tuesday 17th told me we could get my fiancees visa at the time we go to give dna sample and daughter would have to wait until after the results were back in 4 months

the next day 18th they called and reversed their decision on that because if test showed relation no good Helen would considered a K1 fraud so now we have to wait for the 4 month process for both visas.

so we wait until March now. that will be 6 weeks short of me living in China for 2 years. I love it here.

I want to add the dna test for K2 visas at $680.00 would be a much

cheaper and more easy way to proove relationship than the over $1,000.00 I paid for all the translated notarized documents that are really useless wasted money now plus the trouble of getting pictures and what ever else you need gether.

Edited by okie2 (see edit history)

Hi Forum

My wife had interview on Sep 10 for Form I-130. My wife did well and passed interview and proved our marriage. She does not need another interview unless requested. VO was a young man. Got a blue slip because lacking info on my taxes and my cosponsor tax records. NVC had approved all paperwork before they forwarded them to GUZ. So, I did not know I had a problem. I live on Soc Sec and SSI. I do not need to file income tax because of my low income. I had my social security statements included

at interview, but VO kept insisting on W2's, 1099's and 1040's. Not everyone files for income tax. All I can do is resubmit statements from SSA on amounts they paid me last 3 tax years. Hope this is not a catch 22 to prevent me qualifying as petitioner. GUZ totally ignored the fact my house is paid for. Technically I don't even need a cosponsor. According to application you can use assets in lieu of income.

Learned about needing a cosponsor from failed K-3 interview. GUZ insisted on income to qualify and not assets as stated on application. They make up their own rules. The good news I heard while waiting was that the big black woman VO that failed my wife for the K-3 is no longer there!!!

The other thing was they insisted on my cosponsor provide certified tax returns for last three years. This takes about two to three months wait for the IRS to process. Should be coming soon. They also wanted a statement by my cosponsor as to why he is willing to sponsor my wife.

I am changing my cosponsor. My original one took ill and lost his job. I hope it is OK to change your cosponsor? I hope my SSA papers are OK? I wonder why the blue slip says Ir1 visa instead of Cr1 visa? What is Ir1 visa? I hope I am not rambling on. I will be 73 next month. I married my wife in Aug 2007. This will be my third winter in N. China. After being a bachelor for 20 years, I am lucky to find true love at this stage of my life

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

That is great news! I'm glad it worked itself out fairly quickly! Congrats to you both!

Hi Forum

My wife had interview on Sep 10 for Form I-130. My wife did well and passed interview and proved our marriage. She does not need another interview unless requested. VO was a young man. Got a blue slip because lacking info on my taxes and my cosponsor tax records. NVC had approved all paperwork before they forwarded them to GUZ. So, I did not know I had a problem. I live on Soc Sec and SSI. I do not need to file income tax because of my low income. I had my social security statements included

at interview, but VO kept insisting on W2's, 1099's and 1040's. Not everyone files for income tax. All I can do is resubmit statements from SSA on amounts they paid me last 3 tax years. Hope this is not a catch 22 to prevent me qualifying as petitioner. GUZ totally ignored the fact my house is paid for. Technically I don't even need a cosponsor. According to application you can use assets in lieu of income.

Learned about needing a cosponsor from failed K-3 interview. GUZ insisted on income to qualify and not assets as stated on application. They make up their own rules. The good news I heard while waiting was that the big black woman VO that failed my wife for the K-3 is no longer there!!!

The other thing was they insisted on my cosponsor provide certified tax returns for last three years. This takes about two to three months wait for the IRS to process. Should be coming soon. They also wanted a statement by my cosponsor as to why he is willing to sponsor my wife.

I am changing my cosponsor. My original one took ill and lost his job. I hope it is OK to change your cosponsor? I hope my SSA papers are OK? I wonder why the blue slip says Ir1 visa instead of Cr1 visa? What is Ir1 visa? I hope I am not rambling on. I will be 73 next month. I married my wife in Aug 2007. This will be my third winter in N. China. After being a bachelor for 20 years, I am lucky to find true love at this stage of my life

Chris

At age 73 or any age, one is very lucky to find true love. good luck.

Kris & Rachel Congratulations that is really wonderful. Wish you both the best of luck. <_< :) :)

Michael

7/1/2007 Met Fengjie online

12/21/07 Traveled to China to meet Fengjie

2/29/08 K 1 I 129F sent in by lawyer

3/20/08 NOA1

7/17/08 NOA2

7/21/08 NVC IN

7/29/08 NVC OUT

11/23/08 P3 Received

12/17/08 Interview

12/17/08 Denied

2/3/09 Left for China

2/11/09 Married

2/24/09 I 130 sent by lawyer

3/05/09 I 130 NOA1

7/01/09 I 130 Approved

7/20/09 I 130 NVC Received

8/04/09 IV AOS I -864 Paid

8/04/09 IV bill Paid

8/06/09 IV & AOS cover sheet bar code available

8/19/09 DS-230 & AOS sent

9/03/09 DS-230 Part one line 30 error

9/03/09 GUZ P3 Supplement not sent

9/16/09 DS-230 & GUZ P3 Supplement sent in.

9/26/09 Case completed at NVC

9/30/09 NVC OUT

Good news!!! Rachel received the call-in letter today. The Visas are approved!!!

She flies to Guangzhou on Monday!!! Hooray!!! :D

Man, that was a fast resolve! Great news, congratulations!!

I have to tell you, I was 'scared to death' that they would come back with a DNA test requirement. :lol: The last three weeks have been difficult to get through.

But now, we are back on track for US entry, after the CNY!!! :yahoo:

Thanks to everyone, for your good wishes!

Good news!!! Rachel received the call-in letter today. The Visas are approved!!!

She flies to Guangzhou on Monday!!! Hooray!!! :D

Man, that was a fast resolve! Great news, congratulations!!

I have to tell you, I was 'scared to death' that they would come back with a DNA test requirement. :lol: The last three weeks have been difficult to get through.

But now, we are back on track for US entry, after the CNY!!! :yahoo:

Thanks to everyone, for your good wishes!

Yeah, the blue makes you sweat doesn't it!

Congrats & have fun prepping for her arrival!