Certified copy of docs for k1 interview?

Trying to gather materials for the k1 interview...

One year tax return (1040): Do I need to have this Notizied? Normally, I'd write a paragraph on a sheet of paper stating that the copy is exact/unaltered of the original... But, by definition, we only keep the copy for ourselves. Original sent to IRS. If it need to be notizied, do I say "copy of a copy"?

And to complicate thing a little more, if you filed electronically, then what?

Also, I'll make copy of my passport and citizenship certificate. Do these need to be notizied as well? One notizization per copied doc?

Trying to gather materials for the k1 interview...

One year tax return (1040): Do I need to have this Notizied? Normally, I'd write a paragraph on a sheet of paper stating that the copy is exact/unaltered of the original... But, by definition, we only keep the copy for ourselves.  Original sent to IRS.  If it need to be notizied, do I say "copy of a copy"?

And to complicate thing a little more, if you filed electronically, then what?

Also, I'll make copy of my passport and citizenship certificate.  Do these need to be notizied as well?  One notizization per copied doc?

You need to get transcripts of your taxes these are free from the IRS and submit original copies you will need your 1040 for previous year but more so your W-2.. I have see and heard nothing about notorized copies of any IRS documents. I would send 3 years worth of transcripts there free for the asking and eliminates any question by GZ.

Mike :rolleyes:

PS I have filed all my past 3 plus years taxes electronically IRS can provide a Transcrip of them just for the asking go to their site and fill out the request form and they are on the way.

Also you do not notorize your passport you make certified copies of the relevent pages. The China Visa pages showing the Visa and entrance and exit stamps and the main page with your photo on it.. "This is a true copy of Passport number xxxxxxxxx belonging to Joe Blow" YOU DO NOT SIGN the notory does certifing a true copy.

M

Question...

my father is the sponsor for my fiance. We got his tax returns notarized, but we just got the copy he had already. is that good enough you think? or should we ask the IRS for the transcripts?

OK understand that anyone can make up forge 1040's w-2 etc but the transcripts are right from the IRS and they format them in a unique way.. I would get both they can deliver in about ten days Don't take anything for granted or leave anyting out that GZ could say go get this and when you do you can come back and we will grant visa.. MORE is BETTER..

Mike

well, like i said, my father is the one that is my fiance's sponsor. I told him the new info i found about from here about the transcripts from the IRS, he says that since got his copy of his tax returns notarized that it wont be a problem....has anyone used a notarized copy of tax returns for I-134 in interview/submission and been fine?? looking for experiences here.......

Got copies of my IRS transcripts and w-2s in two working days after calling themlast week. Pleasantly surprised!

Are you saying that I should get my copy of 1040 notizied and submit it as well? Don't really see much valua added after seeing the transcripts, other than to impress the VO with lots of "evidents"... :-)

Got copies of my IRS transcripts and w-2s in two working days after calling themlast week.  Pleasantly surprised!

Are you saying that I should get my copy of 1040 notizied and submit it as well? Don't really see much valua added after seeing the transcripts, other than to impress the VO with lots of "evidents"... :-)

If you have transcripts you should be good to go I would submit/have available W-2 they may or may not ask for these if you have the 1040's OK I would keep handy for interview.. no need to notorize the 1040's. Best info I have is have you/your sponsers W-2's and transcripts and you should be good.