Any new P3 news?

No word here yet..  I'll be calling the State Department again on Wed. or Thurs.  I'm becoming less and less thrilled with the fact that more and more people who's paperwork was submitted and arrived months after mine did are getting ready to receive P4's.

So far, no one I know with the exception of Patrick & Li has received any info regarding P3.

This includes CFL, 001 and some other sites.

I don't know if GZ has met their K-visa quota for the year....?

BTW, DOS to this day still claims GZ is only processing cases from the oldest to the newest.........

BTW,  DOS to this day still claims GZ is only processing cases from the oldest to the newest.........

I called them on this the last time I spoke with them. Their reasoning/excuse was that my paperwork probably hasn't cleared customs in BJ yet. When I told them I could give them the date the package likely to contain my forms was signed for by the consulate, they started over from the top of the script and started explaining about trying to handle people's case inquiries, security checks, customs and the "fact" that they are trying to deal with a very high case-load.

GZ sent my P3 out last week (11/13 was the postmark on the EMS envelope), and my fiance received it on 11/16. Address was in Chinese, and our case number remains the one that NVC gave us. Here's my timeline, good luck to all of you waiting for your P3's.

Petition Mailed: 02.05.2003 CSC

NOA1: 02.08.2003

NOA2: 06.21.2003

Approved by NVC: 07.29.2003

Packet 3: 11.16.2003

P3 Sent back: 11.17.2003

Packet 4: ???

Interview: ???

Arrival: ???

Yeah, really! I was on the phone with Jaimie when EMS delivered P3 on Sunday, we filled everything out right away (completed both English and Chinese versions of the forms, just to be safe) and sent it via EMS back to GZ on Monday morning.

Just wondering, do you know what the typical wait time between P3 and P4 is now? I'm hearing anywhere from 1 month to 3 month wait (and then add another month for the period between P4 and the actual interview date).

Let's hope we can bring our fiances here by 2/04!

Jason

Yeah, really! I was on the phone with Jaimie when EMS delivered P3 on Sunday, we filled everything out right away (completed both English and Chinese versions of the forms, just to be safe) and sent it via EMS back to GZ on Monday morning.

Just wondering, do you know what the typical wait time between P3 and P4 is now? I'm hearing anywhere from 1 month to 3 month wait (and then add another month for the period between P4 and the actual interview date).

Let's hope we can bring our fiances here by 2/04!

Jason

Yeah, it's looking like 2/04 to me too. I'm trying to be optimistic about it. Penny doesn't want to miss out on her New Year's bonus from her company now that she's so close to the New Year holidays, and airfare is way cheaper after Christmas than before. Are you planning to go to GZ for the interview?

I'm seeing on 001 timelines where quite a few folks with early October P3's are getting mid December interview slots just about now. So you figure maybe two months. But then there are folks with September P3's that are still waiting (sound familiar? :)) so who knows. Plus we have Thanksgiving, New Year, and Chinese New Year to deal with, so I expect our P3-P4 times to be longer than what it is currently, not to mention the flood of P3's they just sent out which are flooding back even as we speak... :)

Jerry

I'm planning to go back to see Jaimie this Christmas, already got the tickets for 12/25 flight via China Eastern (direct flight from LAX, whoohoo!) Can't take time off work to go back and take her to GZ for the interview, I'll have my future father-in-law do that :)

Like you, I'm being optimistic on 2/04 eta, but you know what, as long as it's before April, I think I'd be really happy! I'm planning on to write my senator this week to help me expedite our case. Jaimie's a student, and I'd like to have her start learning English asap.

Good luck!

Well, we finally got the address thing fixed to GZ's satisfaction, and Jingwen received the P3 today. I am glad this phase is finished. Now, on to P4 and the interview.

I guess I am officially out of the pits. Hope you guys will be following soon.

Just for the record, the GUZ# is the same as NVC's, the P3 was sent EMS and was addressed in Chinese.