Im back now....

Thank you guys these replys help alot. I know I am not the Strong type that post here sometimes. You guys really really do help....:ok:

57 days.......... :D

There you go look on the bright side :D

Coming home is the roughhest isnt it? But you will find you are stronger than you think, Robert. Missing her does not make you a weenie ... it makes you a man. Work hard, focus on 57 more days, and do a bang up job on your paperwork. Also you MUST get sleep ... sleep deprivation will not help you. And welcome home.

Take it slow, Robert. Complete ONE form, check it, double check it. Then put it away! Then wait until the next day. Do the next form the same way, and so on and so on. Don't work on this stuff when you are tired or have other issues on your mind.

Rushing will only create mistakes. Being slow and thorough will take less time than correcting errors or omissions.

You don't need a lawyer. As many have said, they are just another obstacle that you have to deal with.

You can do this. You have the collective help of this group of hotpot(pun intended) immigration experts. Nothing about your case will require anything more than attention to detail and common sense.

Now sleep for a few days and get back in your own time zone.

Edited by chengdu4me (see edit history)
I am trying I seem to be able to sleep for only 1-2 hours now. I keep waking up and cant fall back to sleep.

Going to and from countries always affected me in the same way. It usually took me about a week or so before I was sleeping through the night. Don't nap during the daytime and try to get outside in the sunlight. This will help your body reset it's internal clock. There is a nerve in your head that helps regulate this.

Oh I cant sleep damn it
JD

If you're feeling upset because of the separation, I'd probably try to avoid too much alcohol as it acts as a depressant and it can affect your body's ability to get natural sleep - REM cycles. Even though it may help you get to sleep, or pass out, it won't help your body sustain the type it needs. (I don't know about your situation - so I'm speaking in general terms). 57 days! Glad you got a webcam. That should make the time go by more quickly.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

When it comes to the interview, don't stint on buying good materials to make sure it is well-organized. All the same things apply. The worse it is organized, the more messy it is, the more you show the official you don't care. And the more disorganized it is, the more irritated the official will get. Make things easy and smooth so it is easy and smooth for him to approve you. Let the interviewing official's searches flow like water, and he will be more kindly disposed to you. Make sure all your pictures show you smiling together, the warmest smiles and cute, less-formal pictures that seem more genuine. Get a friend to help provide an objective viewpoint on that...get 3 friends and use only the photos they agree on.

What I'm saying is use maximum effort to maximize a successful interview.

Great advice. Moreover, when I was alone back in the states, I found that this was a very good way to improve my mood and pass some time. If I was having trouble concentrating and couldn't keep my thoughts off of missing my wife, I would do some work on putting together our pictures and organizing them (as well as our other documents) into folders. WalMart sells small white folders with about 15 transparent page-holders inside. I bought 3 or 4 of these and used one for pictures. They're thin and very pliable and so can be passed underneath the glass at GUZ. In one of them, I very carefully arranged the best of our pictures together. I stapled two pictures per page on plain white paper, and underneath them I neatly wrote where and when each was taken. On the front of the folder I arranged two nice and happy looking pictures of us and wrote in big characters and a nice-looking font ¡°Ò»Æð´´ÔìÎÒÃǵİ®Çé¹ÊÊ¡± (creating our love story together). On the fronts of the other folders I put other pictures of us that showed us very happy together -- some just the two of us, some with her family, and even one of us with the kids at the kindergarten where she worked and where I volunteered.

In addition to being somewhat therapeutic for me, I think working on these presentation aspects could have a big impact on the visa officer. If you come off as a cute and happy couple who is in love, the VO is not going to want to look for a reason to deny you being together.

I remember the hardest part was being at the airport in China headed back to the US. The ride to the airport, eating Chinese airport noodles, and the minutes counting down until boarding.

After a farewell kiss I started walking, looked back, waved, and kept on walking.

Being back in the US I just put my effort into work, saving cash, communicating, and making sure we did all we could to make the visa process as smooth as possible.

It was back when USCIS raised fees and were swarmed with applications and our process was just incredibly slow.

I think you made the right choice in coming back on time as was told to your employer. You need to get your sleep schedule back on track, save up cash, keep up the communications and just prepare, prepare, prepare.

Try to hold your emotions in check and only express the positives. I'm sure your fiancee is very perceptive and if you feel and show happiness it also makes her wait easier.

Yes I do believe the airport is the hardest part. I couldn't look back, I would have broken down if I had!

I remember the hardest part was being at the airport in China headed back to the US. The ride to the airport, eating Chinese airport noodles, and the minutes counting down until boarding.

After a farewell kiss I started walking, looked back, waved, and kept on walking.

Being back in the US I just put my effort into work, saving cash, communicating, and making sure we did all we could to make the visa process as smooth as possible.

It was back when USCIS raised fees and were swarmed with applications and our process was just incredibly slow.

I think you made the right choice in coming back on time as was told to your employer. You need to get your sleep schedule back on track, save up cash, keep up the communications and just prepare, prepare, prepare.

Try to hold your emotions in check and only express the positives. I'm sure your fiancee is very perceptive and if you feel and show happiness it also makes her wait easier.

Yes I do believe the airport is the hardest part. I couldn't look back, I would have broken down if I had!