China tycoon in U.S. clean vehicle plan

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

Yang Rong, a Chinese automobile tycoon who fled the country after being accused of economic crimes, said he plans three multi-billion-dollar U.S. plants to make 3 million clean-technology vehicles per year by 2017.

Yang, who is also called Yeung Yung, was at one time China's most influential carmaker, helping transform Brilliance from a stagnant state-owned auto factory into the country's top maker of mini-vans.

He fled China in 2002 after being accused of economic crimes. An arrest order was later approved by the government of the northeastern province of Liaoning, where Brilliance is based.

Yang denied wrongdoing and said he is in the process of resolving a disagreement with the Chinese authorities on the rights of the certain assets.

http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-GreenBu...ndChannel=11604

Yang Rong, a Chinese automobile tycoon who fled the country after being accused of economic crimes, said he plans three multi-billion-dollar U.S. plants to make 3 million clean-technology vehicles per year by 2017.

Yang, who is also called Yeung Yung, was at one time China's most influential carmaker, helping transform Brilliance from a stagnant state-owned auto factory into the country's top maker of mini-vans.

He fled China in 2002 after being accused of economic crimes. An arrest order was later approved by the government of the northeastern province of Liaoning, where Brilliance is based.

Yang denied wrongdoing and said he is in the process of resolving a disagreement with the Chinese authorities on the rights of the certain assets.

http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-GreenBu...ndChannel=11604

According to a China Daily article he is planning to set-up plants in China too.

And excuse me for wondering WTF....but how in the Fuck does this happen:

"But Yang fled to the US in 2002 after becoming embroiled in some business disputes and being charged with economic crimes."

You can get charged with crime in China and become a legal immigrant into the US?

More background:

http://linkstomemphis.com/2009/08/backgrou...-in-tunica.html

This is quite interesting:

"He fled the country under a false passport for Los Angeles, where he joined his wife and four children. Most of his own personal wealth had to be abandoned in China."

Now how is it he is still in the country?

Oh ... I see ... so if you get a blue or white card for your spouse ... just hire Bob Dole ....

http://www.mgwashington.com/index.php/news...ole-lobby/1926/

Edited by whome? (see edit history)

If you invest a million dollars and create 10 American jobs you can get a resident visa to the US. In an economically depressed area you only need to invest 500K.

You're describing the E-2 visa. The last I checked this was not available for Chinese citizens because China and US do not have a treaty for this.

If you invest a million dollars and create 10 American jobs you can get a resident visa to the US. In an economically depressed area you only need to invest 500K.

You're describing the E-2 visa. The last I checked this was not available for Chinese citizens because China and US do not have a treaty for this.

I didn't know that so I looked. You're right it says China (Taiwan). I may be mistaken but there may be a provision for people already in the US.

I don't know the details of this case, and I'm too tired to check (it's late here).

But I do know that the US won't extradite someone who might get punished too harshly back home. If the punishment is severe enough, that person could request sanctuary, which I think would come with permanent residency.

In China, they can and do execute you for some economic crimes.

I don't know the details of this case, and I'm too tired to check (it's late here).

But I do know that the US won't extradite someone who might get punished too harshly back home. If the punishment is severe enough, that person could request sanctuary, which I think would come with permanent residency.

In China, they can and do execute you for some economic crimes.

He got to the USA with a fake passport.

Seriously - It easy how he did it.

Money talks, bnllsh1t walks

smitty is correct, if you have the money and connections then its all different to the common people laws.

Guest Tony n Terrific

smitty is correct, if you have the money and connections then its all different to the common people laws.

hush Jin ... that kind of thing only happens in China ... never in the USA .... :P

The corruption has flourished in the US the last 8 years without impunity. It will only get worse from here on out. Since our leadership is now owned by the debt houses of lies, legalized counterfitters, misery and manipulation.

Investment banking houses (Denizens, cowards, parasites and scum) took bailout money and reloaned it to the US Government in T-bonds the past year. Their cost for the money was zero. Thanks to the 12 financial gangsters districts called the Federal Reserve. The US government is paying 3.5% interest back to this filth on this loaned money from the American citzens.

hush Jin ... that kind of thing only happens in China ... never in the USA .... :ph34r:

The corruption has flourished in the US the last 8 years without impunity. It will only get worse from here on out. Since our leadership is now owned by the debt houses of lies, legalized counterfitters, misery and manipulation.

Investment banking houses (Denizens, cowards, parasites and scum) took bailout money and reloaned it to the US Government in T-bonds the past year. Their cost for the money was zero. Thanks to the 12 financial gangsters districts called the Federal Reserve. The US government is paying 3.5% interest back to this filth on this loaned money from the American citzens.

The past 8 years ... I think it has been going on longer than that ... just that now the "cat is out of the bag" for more to see