The way to the republic

Guest Pommey

Try the official English title "The Founding of a Republic", the film just released this Fall. The movie was made in preparation for this past 60th anniversary of the CCP. It's an interesting watch if you're unfamiliar with the history, but keep in mind that it's loaded with propaganda and took some liberties. For the sake of avoiding a political debate, I'll just leave it at that.

its a tv show we have been watching it on kylin tv, its about the time the "emperors mother" ruled,the decline of the Qing dynasty and the period before the formation of the republic(not the PRC), so before the chairman. late 1800's early 1900's.

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)

its a tv show we have been watching it on kylin tv, its about the time the "emperors mother" ruled,the decline of the dynasty and the period before the formation of the republic, so before the chairman.

My apologies. The movie I talked of has had a decent amount of discussion here in China. (Though I've only talked about it in English, so I'm not sure of it's Chinese name, or how it might be translated. I only know the official English title.) I thought it may have been an alternative translation of the film title.

Do you know any other ways it might be viewed? I'd be interested in seeing that show...

its a tv show we have been watching it on kylin tv, its about the time the "emperors mother" ruled,the decline of the dynasty and the period before the formation of the republic, so before the chairman.

My apologies. The movie I talked of has had a decent amount of discussion here in China. (Though I've only talked about it in English, so I'm not sure of it's Chinese name, or how it might be translated. I only know the official English title.) I thought it may have been an alternative translation of the film title.

Do you know any other ways it might be viewed? I'd be interested in seeing that show...

An hui TV station

When I was in Guangzhou in September for the wife's interview she wanted to see "Ice Age 3" ... the movie theatre we went to informed her they were only showing "Founding of a Republic" and nothing more. It seemed like a big preparation for the 60 year celebration.

An hui TV station

Yes I hear the movie "making of the Republic" has been a huge box office smash in China,I'm not sure how historically accurate it is as I have not seen it yet.

The show "walk to the Republic" is I believe 60 episodes and is really interesting, hope you can find it.

An hui TV station

Yes I hear the movie "making of the Republic" has been a huge box office smash in China,I'm not sure how historically accurate it is as I have not seen it yet.

The show "walk to the Republic" is I believe 60 episodes and is really interesting, hope you can find it.

Nice. Does Jin tell you www.toudou.com has a lot of movies free to watch? Since it is in Chinese. She can help you find the wanted movie. The first movie I watched from this website is <Brokeback Mountain>.

I had to admit, I was very shallow at the point that I thought homosexual was very sick before I watched this movie <Brokeback Mountain>. But after I watched this movie, I realized that homosexual people are human beings of flesh and blood. This is the power of movies. Movies can touch people's heart and show them all other worlds that they don't know. However, I hope there will be a good movie that is about lesbins to educate me because I still think it is sick, only physically, not as before. Before I though homosexual was sick both physically and mentally. A lot of Englished language movies there...

An hui TV station

Nice. Does Jin tell you www.toudou.com has a lot of movies free to watch? Since it is in Chinese. She can help you find the wanted movie. The first movie I watched from this website is <Brokeback Mountain>.

I had to admit, I was very shallow at the point that I thought homosexual was very sick before I watched this movie <Brokeback Mountain>. But after I watched this movie, I realized that homosexual people are human beings of flesh and blood. This is the power of movies. Movies can touch people's heart and show them all other worlds that they don't know. However, I hope there will be a good movie that is about lesbins to educate me because I still think it is sick, only physically, not as before. Before I though homosexual was sick both physically and mentally. A lot of Englished language movies there...

thanks for the link, we have about 3 years of downloaded movies/shows to still watch and Kylin TV a ton of channels.