America Smartest cities

tonado

Guest Pommey

ummm... seemed a northen bias here, lets see what the Texans have to say ;)

Another angle Fun instead of book worms ?

Did you notice another thread of theirs on universities and crime ?

Yeah, Kansas City, ended up higher than I thought. They sure did nail the description though. The Royals and Chiefs are terrible. ;)

ummm... seemed a northen bias here, lets see what the Texans have to say :)

My southern hometown was first on the list...surprised me at first but with three major universities and the RTP it does make sense.

One thing they failed to allow for is the dynamic nature of the Smartest Cities Average.

Because anywhere I go becomes the nation's smartest city, no?

:) :rolleyes: :P

ummm... seemed a northen bias here, lets see what the Texans have to say :D

Something like 40% of the people in the South believe that Obama was really born in Kenya ... coupled with this data. Nay! I don't see any relationship .... B)

At present, the city intrigues me most is SF. 20 years later, if my parents need to be taken care of, I would like to buy a property in a good area in SF which they could still socialize with Chinese people often. But they might not want to immigrate to USA at that time. Can only walk and see...The world changes everyday and things change all the time.

Texan here!

I'm happy on two counts: my Austin is #12, which is good, but not so good it would encourage even more people to move here each year than already do(!), and my hometown of Houston (54) at least beat big city rival Dallas(56) :drunk:

They're right about the lack of good higher ed in all Texas cities except Austin; the state has done a lousy job of that (I guess we wanted California's model of developing a dozen or so top flight universities to play itself out for 50 years or so before we tried it) :D