Visa for China

Hello,

My fiance will ask for the tourist visa for China next week.

He wants to order the plane tickets now as the prices are unstable. The ticket is non refundable so if he cant get the visa, the money will be gone.

I think that he wouldnt have problems getting the visa but just I'd like some confirmation of people here who ever got a visa for China.

My fiance is an US citizen, in houston.

Thank you all

Jiali

Hello,

My fiance will ask for the tourist visa for China next week.

He wants to order the plane tickets now as the prices are unstable. The ticket is non refundable so if he cant get the visa, the money will be gone.

I think that he wouldnt have problems getting the visa but just I'd like some confirmation of people here who ever got a visa for China.

My fiance is an US citizen, in houston.

Thank you all

Jiali

You should be ok. There were some visa anormalities due to the National Day celebrations, but everything should be fine now.

Still, things can be unpredictable. Hopefully another forum member has some actual recent experience to share.

Should have no problems, The Olympics last year caused some problems.

Every time I went to China I simply mailed my passport, along with application, a passport pic, and fee using a visa service near Washington DC, may also be required to provide an itinerary, or letter of invitation, each time I visited China I used a travel agency based in China to book hotels, and domestic flights, the agency would generate an itinerary, and invitation letter for me. (In most cases the itinerary and invite letter are not needed.)

http://www.oasischinavisa.com/tourist_visa.html

Should have no problems, The Olympics last year caused some problems.

Every time I went to China I simply mailed my passport, along with application, a passport pic, and fee using a visa service near Washington DC, may also be required to provide an itinerary, or letter of invitation, each time I visited China I used a travel agency based in China to book hotels, and domestic flights, the agency would generate an itinerary, and invitation letter for me. (In most cases the itinerary and invite letter are not needed.)

http://www.oasischinavisa.com/tourist_visa.html

Thank you.

I might make an itinery and an invitation letter for him then. It's a good idea to better prepare.

Doubt he will have a problem. Go ahead and order the tickets.

I have used this service with much success.

http://www.mychinesevisa.com

I pay the extra to get it overnighted and have never had an issue.

So ryanscarrot, if you are the carrot, who is the stick?!

Thank you Batman

I suggested him the visa service but his mother is willing to help and she will go to the Houston consulate next week. That will make no difference in terms of time as he's going to book the ticket tonight. So better to save the service fee and postal cost.

Thank you Batman

I suggested him the visa service but his mother is willing to help and she will go to the Houston consulate next week. That will make no difference in terms of time as he's going to book the ticket tonight. So better to save the service fee and postal cost.

"same day" service applies only if you bring it in in the morning, and pick it up that afternoon. If you bring it in in the afternoon, you'll pick it up in the morning. (very short hours)

I have used them too...very good service and never a problem. I brought my daugthers over for the olympics and we had no problem then either. A friend of mine brought over his mother on Oct 1 this year...also no problem with her visa.

I had my passport sent to the consulate in Huston . I requested a multi entry visa 90 days each trip. I just asked for normal handling time, and got it back in about 2 weeks. Had no problems at all.

Thank you all guys.

My fianc¨¦ just booked the ticket this morning!! His mother will go next Monday or so. He get more than a month for the visa. So, I think everything will be fine.

He's never been to China and he's so excited about the trip !! We will first meet in Shanghai and then travel to Guangzhou. Any recommandations for Shanghai? Hotels, restaurants, sightseeing.

I wonder which hotel allow us to stay together; Some hotels refuse a Chinese girl stay with a foreigner.