"The Second Coming"

knloregon

Melt-down. Second economic meltdown.... is it in progress? -200 plus on the DJ today..... many economic indicators are not good.... plus, its hard to see a recovery without job growth..

3rd. quarter earnings are almost certainly going to disappoint... unlike China, haven't allocated stimulus money wisely----just a political hodge-podge of favorite-son, ear-marked projects, without any consideration for sustained economic growth, while China pours its carefully planned resources (free of political BS) into national infra-structure...

and stimulus money most finally come to an end....

Very worried, and personally, now out of the US market....

Melt-down. Second economic meltdown.... is it in progress? -200 plus on the DJ today..... many economic indicators are not good.... plus, its hard to see a recovery without job growth..

3rd. quarter earnings are almost certainly going to disappoint... unlike China, haven't allocated stimulus money wisely----just a political hodge-podge of favorite-son, ear-marked projects, without any consideration for sustained economic growth, while China pours its carefully planned resources (free of political BS) into national infra-structure...

and stimulus money most finally come to an end....

Very worried, and personally, now out of the US market....

I'm afraid recovery is going to be Bi-modal or I should say a "camel recovery" - two humps and two bumps - her comes the second one!

BTW - did you all see the news flash that 47% of the US population pays NO Income TAX and the percentage is growing! Wow --- those people are really going to be bummed when the current administration has no other recourse but to start taxing them, in a bunch of ways! OH _ I must've forgotten -- we'll just tax the "so called rich" and that will fix everything!

Anecdotal story - the other day I looked at my 401K website - it has a nice little tool to see what the "ROI" was over various periods of time for money invested. For the last 10 years it actually lost almost 2% in the aggregate - OH wasn't that fun...good thing I wasn't counting on spending that money!

I rejoice in the fact that I was conservative and put lot's of money in Municipal Tax Free bonds - and I've seen their value skyrocket, not to mention a steady stream of tax free income. Just as I was feeling pretty good and proud of my conservative approach - whamO -- I see most of the state and territories that issue these fine public works instruments are in Deep Financial Trouble - and many worry that they won't be able to pay the interest on their debt instruments --- what? Is there nowhere safe any longer?

Melt-down. Second economic meltdown.... is it in progress? -200 plus on the DJ today..... many economic indicators are not good.... plus, its hard to see a recovery without job growth......

Hopefully it is the darkest hour which comes before the dawn.

Winter comes, let's hope for the Spring which is not far behind. ;)

Edited by fineart (see edit history)

Maybe I'm older than some CFL friends and not as old as others. Bit I look at the magnitude of the debt we have and I feel sorry for my grandchildren because it'll be them and their children who have to figure a way to pay it off. I'm 56 now so there's no way I'll live long enough to see any real progress on it. So, in ascending order I say; Joy, Sara-Ann, Gregory, Corbin, C.J. and Matthew, God be with you. You're going to need him.