November interview Group

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way it looks, we won't be able to meet anyone from the November group. We'll be long gone, with PINK in our hands! (I'm holding onto the hope that the VO's will be in a good mood, since the day after our interview is Veterans Day, a consulate holiday!)

Actually, I feel very confident in the paperwork package, that we've put together. With both, the support from the folks on CFL, and the vast amount of information available in the forums, the help has been of immeasurable value. And for that, I don't have enough Thank You's. :blink: :D

And so, Kyle, Squirty, and Smokiessky, I wish you, and your loved ones, the very best of luck and safe journeys. Wish that Rachel, and I, could have met up with you all.

Enjoy China, while you're there! (I lived in Suzhou for nearly five years, and miss it so badly that it hurts)

Kris

Hi Kris,

Yeah, I figured you guys would be heading off soon. Good luck to you guys. We look forward to hearing about your successful trip!

Our interview date is the same. The consulate states that visas can generally be picked up three days after the interview. However in our cases T-Day is on Thursday, so yes, I would agree that our visas will get delayed until at least DEC 1 as Thanksgiving, Saturday, and Sunday aren't working days for the consulate. I think we may have the yang's pick up ours and EMS it to us.

If your visa is approved at interview, you will receive an approval notice from the interviewing officer. Follow the instructions provided in the notice in order to successfully complete the visa issuance process. After the interview, you will need to go to the China Post counter outside the visa waiting room where you will pay a fee to have your passport mailed to you. You may choose to (1) pick up your visa or (2) have it delivered to you. The China Post will provide mail service to applicants from within Guangdong province as well as those from the city of Beijing, Shanghai, Fuzhou, Changle, Nanjing, Wenzhou, Tianjin, Shenyang and Changchun. Applicants from outside these areas should arrange to pick up their visas at the Junyuan Post Office (directions to this post office will be provided to you by the China Post service counter).

Your passport should typically be available for pick-up on the third working day after the visa delivery payment is made. However, should complications beyond the Consulate’s control arise during visa processing, your passport may not be available until later. You are strongly advised not to make any travel arrangements before having your visa in-hand.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/visa_issuance.htm

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Our interview date is the same. The consulate states that visas can generally be picked up three days after the interview. However in our cases T-Day is on Thursday, so yes, I would agree that our visas will get delayed until at least DEC 1 as Thanksgiving, Saturday, and Sunday aren't working days for the consulate. I think we may have the yang's pick up ours and EMS it to us.

If your visa is approved at interview, you will receive an approval notice from the interviewing officer. Follow the instructions provided in the notice in order to successfully complete the visa issuance process. After the interview, you will need to go to the China Post counter outside the visa waiting room where you will pay a fee to have your passport mailed to you. You may choose to (1) pick up your visa or (2) have it delivered to you. The China Post will provide mail service to applicants from within Guangdong province as well as those from the city of Beijing, Shanghai, Fuzhou, Changle, Nanjing, Wenzhou, Tianjin, Shenyang and Changchun. Applicants from outside these areas should arrange to pick up their visas at the Junyuan Post Office (directions to this post office will be provided to you by the China Post service counter).

Your passport should typically be available for pick-up on the third working day after the visa delivery payment is made. However, should complications beyond the Consulate¡¯s control arise during visa processing, your passport may not be available until later. You are strongly advised not to make any travel arrangements before having your visa in-hand.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/visa_issuance.htm

We have P-4.

Good luck tomorrow, Kris and Rachel. Hope you can sleep some tonight :unsure:

I'm optimistic you both will be successful.

Good luck tomorrow, Kris and Rachel. Hope you can sleep some tonight :ph34r:

I'm optimistic you both will be successful.

Thanks Kyle. We didn't sleep too bad last night, but I stayed up late, tweaking the "Kitchen Sink"! That dang case must weigh 15 pounds...

My Guangzhou Gallery pic 1

My Guangzhou Gallery pic 2

Rachel and Jenny are at the interview now. We're going for the PINK!

I'd be interested in getting someone's take on domicile, specifically from a direct consulate filing perspective.

In addition to the things mention in this thread

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=domicile

I also printed out the following:

1. Updated resume

2. Three employment opportunities that I've applied for (monster.com). I have also printed out email correspondence with each of these companies.

One company has invited me to interview after I return to the States.

Admittedly, it is difficult for someone who isn't in China with an American company to get hired in America without a face-to-face interview. Also, our plans are to move around March 1st, which puts us in a bind on Monster.com, because those who are seeking for positions to be filled, are seeking to fulfill an immediate need. That being said, it is nice that these companies are keeping my resume on file.

I think it's good for the VO to KNOW I'm trying to network and get a job, rather than bum-it-out in my parents basement. Seriously folks, I love my parents to the extreme, but I'm 29 years old; I want to get a job and get a place of our own.

Our downstairs master bedroom is right below my parent's master bedroom. Yeah, you can imagine how much this could be "uncomfortable" for all parties living there. Not trying to be off-color, just stating it how it is.

Anyway, do you think I've successfully proven domicile? As far as proving the validity of our relationship, we're golden there.

After reviewing what we've done, I'd be interested in anything else that may prove useful which perhaps I haven't thought of. All things considered, we both feel confident in our case. I'm more of the meticulous type though, and like to all things to the best of my ability, thus removing any doubt.