blue slip blues

kimo

Just got word that My Ling got a blue slip,because she did not have a police certificate from Brazil,and a green slip saying I need a co-sponser

even though I sent my complete tax form which is my own business that I submitted a complete tax return and bank accounts totaling over 80 grand.So now what?? Should I hire a lawyer? how long is this likely to take.I was so confident that I bought plane tickets in October.Time to take the champagne off ice.So Sad. Kimo :angry:

Sorry to hear that.

Guess you will have to contact the Brazillian embassy in China to see if it is possible to get one, ask for a response in writing if its a "no cant do"

As for the co-sponsor if they want you to have one, then you better get one'

good luck

advice to other members- dont buy the plane tickets until visa in hand.

The consulate is playing hard ball, they should know that getting a police cert from Brazil is difficult to get unless you are residing in Brazil.

Police Records

Certificates of Good Conduct (Atestados de Bons Antecedentes) related to possible violations of state law are available to persons 18 years of age and older from the Secretaria de Seguranca Publica in each of Brazil's states. Atestados related to possible violations of federal law are available to persons 18 years of age and older from any station (Delegacia) of the National Police (Policia Federal). Criminal records in Brazil are expunged five years after any sentence has been served.

Because each state maintains a separate database of violations of state law, a prospective immigrant must obtain a separate record from the Secretaria de Seguranca Publica of each state in which he or she has resided within the past five years. Additionally, a prospective immigrant must obtain a record from the Policia Federal, since state police records do not include violations of federal law.

For addresses or telephone numbers of Secretarias de Seguranca Publica and Delegacias de Policia Federal an applicant may contact the immigrant visa unit of the U.S. Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro or access the consulate¡¯s website at: http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br . Federal Certificates are also available through the internet as are some State police certificates. If the applicant is residing outside Brazil, it is highly unlikely that he/she will get the Police certificate (only if he/she has someone with a power of attorney to apply on his/her behalf and if the applicant¡¯s Brazilian ID card was issued by the specific state from which the certificate is being requested).

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3521.html

As for co-sponsor, the consulate can ask for one if they feel that your source of income is so-so and that the prospective immigrant may become a charge of the state.

Just got word that My Ling got a blue slip,because she did not have a police certificate from Brazil,and a green slip saying I need a co-sponser

even though I sent my complete tax form which is my own business that I submitted a complete tax return and bank accounts totaling over 80 grand.So now what?? Should I hire a lawyer? how long is this likely to take.I was so confident that I bought plane tickets in October.Time to take the champagne off ice.So Sad. Kimo :ph34r:

Don't expect them to decode your tax returns - you need an accounting statement which can serve as a cover letter to give a more accurate picture of your situation.

It is your responsibility to prove that she will not become a public charge.

Do everything you can to get the police certificate from Brzil, and write another (short) cover letter to summarize your efforts.

I think you are right about the hard ball,and that it stems a bit from ego.

The desk lady took one look at the first page of the tax return,and said

your fiancee does not make very much,and Ling asked her to look at the rest of the papers to which she took offense and said I have worked here 10 years and pulled out a blue slip.

1. I am self employed and on paper look like I made very little last year,I thought they were supposed to look at the gross which was 45 grand.

2.Don't they look at assets?What about bank statements? I sent them proof of many.Do I have to choose between assets,and earnings.I saw no place where it asked for accounting statement, I wonder if it would have made a difference in this case.Do you think at this point it would be easier just to have my mother be a co-sponser?hard to believe I have a #9 credit rating and I have to get my mother to co-sign,such an insult.

3.Ling said they gave me a green slip, have you ever heard of this?

4.I actually copied the info you sent me on the police certif. and sent it with her, when she showed it to them they were surprised and took it to the back room and came back saying that this is old information and that now she needs to show proof of trying to get this through e-mail,one lady even told her that she needs to go to Brazil,which is impossible.

:ph34r:

It feels like they are making the rules up as they go on this one.Hope I can find a way through.

Thanks for your help, Kimo

your fiancee does not make very much,and Ling asked her to look at the rest of the papers to which she took offense and said I have worked here 10 years and pulled out a blue slip.

1. I am self employed and on paper look like I made very little last year,I thought they were supposed to look at the gross which was 45 grand.

2.Don't they look at assets?What about bank statements? I sent them proof of many.Do I have to choose between assets,and earnings.I saw no place where it asked for accounting statement, I wonder if it would have made a difference in this case.Do you think at this point it would be easier just to have my mother be a co-sponser?hard to believe I have a #9 credit rating and I have to get my mother to co-sign,such an insult.

3.Ling said they gave me a green slip, have you ever heard of this?

4.I actually copied the info you sent me on the police certif. and sent it with her, when she showed it to them they were surprised and took it to the back room and came back saying that this is old information and that now she needs to show proof of trying to get this through e-mail,one lady even told her that she needs to go to Brazil,which is impossible.

:P

It feels like they are making the rules up as they go on this one.Hope I can find a way through.

Thanks for your help, Kimo

You need to figure out why you got a blue slip, and YOU need to address the issues.

Why would you NOT give them an accounting statement? Do you want the visa or not?

This is simply another case where "enough" is not enough. Look at the picture you're presenting, not at them.

You have a simple case, yet you seem more interested in fighting them

What exactly is an accounting statement and what info does it need to have?

It's not required at all - one member even turned in an I-864 that showed $0 income and still got the visa

It's a choice - this

or you can give her a prettier picture to look at - an accounting statement that shows that you DO have money to live on and support an intending immigrant. THEN, behind that, you include the REQUIRED documents - Affidavit of Support, tax returns, etc.

An accountant should be able to do this for a reasonable fee.

• 3 weeks later...

You need to figure out why you got a blue slip, and YOU need to address the issues.

And so what if there is no reason on the blue slip? Just "wait and feel free to check back every few months for status".

This seems to be the worst situation. No reason for non-approval. Not knowing what the issue is. And, no timeline to resolve whatever "it" is.

And so what if there is no reason on the blue slip? Just "wait and feel free to check back every few months for status".

This seems to be the worst situation. No reason for non-approval. Not knowing what the issue is. And, no timeline to resolve whatever "it" is.

Yes, exactly! What I said still goes, but, unfortunately, they usually do not respond to anything or give any more information in a this situation.

But when you are able to provide more information, step back and take a look at what you're submitting. Make SURE it gives the right impression. Cover sheets can work wonders in that regard.

I'm sorry for your troubles - I'm sure it's no fun having your life put on hold for you

Yep, this type of blue slip has to do with additional processing needed after interview, sometimes name checks are not complete by the time of interview, or additional administrative review is needed.