Options for fiancee to fly to USA

I wonder if anyone has had gone through this:

When my fiancee fly to USA, we can do:

1) Use a Korean airline, but will have to stay in Korea overnight. Does my fiancee need a Korean visa?--It'll be tough.

2) Go to Hong Kong, then need a Hong Kong pass/visa

#1 will be best for us if no additional visa is required.

A Visa for S Korea will be required.

National China (People's Rep.) (CN)

Transit Korea (Republic) (KR) /Destination U.S.A. (US)

ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

Korea (Republic) (KR)

Visa required, except for

- holders of Hong Kong (SAR China) passports;

- holders of Macao (SAR China) passports or Travel Permit.

In all other cases:

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):

Visa required, except for Those continuing their journey to a third country on the same day, provided not leaving the transit lounge.

Additional Information:

- All visitors must possess:

- all documents required for next destination; and

- sufficient funds for maintenance; and

- contact address in Korea (Rep.).

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_webs...ubuser=DELTAB2C

I wonder if anyone has had gone through this:

When my fiancee fly to USA, we can do:

1) Use a Korean airline, but will have to stay in Korea overnight. Does my fiancee need a Korean visa?--It'll be tough.

2) Go to Hong Kong, then need a Hong Kong pass/visa

#1 will be best for us if no additional visa is required.

You won't need a Hong Kong pass or visa if she has a US Visa and you have airline tickets showing a flight from HK to US in her name. We drove from Shenzhen (sp?) to HK through the border and were stopped and checked with no problems.

You won't need a Hong Kong pass or visa if she has a US Visa and you have airline tickets showing a flight from HK to US in her name. We drove from Shenzhen (sp?) to HK through the border and were stopped and checked with no problems.

Really, things must have changed. I remember you had to get a Hong Kong visa before, many years ago. Thanks!

Really, things must have changed. I remember you had to get a Hong Kong visa before, many years ago. Thanks!

You still do as a Chinese citizen. It's because her final destination is the US and she already has the visa to travel to the US and you have an airline ticket that grants this option. Have to have both US visa and airline confirmation. That is the important part.

My fiancee was adamant she would be stopped and not allowed through, but when I was in Hong Kong when we first arrived before my father and I headed to GUZ we checked at the airport with 2 different people because our return flights were from HK to Taipei to SFO.

Edited by Jaseball (see edit history)

Is getting a S Korea visa difficult?

Not sure the process but you cat start here: http://www.travisas.com/main/visa_instruct...en=CN&Go=Go

Note: Going through Hong Kong is easier.

You still do as a Chinese citizen. It's because her final destination is the US and she already has the visa to travel to the US and you have an airline ticket that grants this option. Have to have both US visa and airline confirmation. That is the important part.

Do you know if an E-ticket confirmation, received by email, will be enough?

Do you know if an E-ticket confirmation, received by email, will be enough?

Should be, along with the valid K-Visa in passport. Note some airlines allow you to print out the actual tickets from their website 24 hours in advance.

If I manage to get a one day flight through Korea, no visa will be required right?

Correct, no overnight stays, just making a connection and not leaving the transit lounge of the airport, then no visa needed.

From the source I quoted:

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):

Visa required, except for Those continuing their journey to a third country on the same day, provided not leaving the transit lounge.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I just asked my friend who has GC w/ Chinese Passport now. Early this year, he flew to China on Korean Air (overnight in Seoul due to flight connection), he went to the custom fine. he said he showed the GC and his ticket for the next day and went directly down to 1st floor Air Korea's counter where there will be at least 50 other people waiting for shuttle bus to hotel.

I have done it before too, but of course i have no problem since i am a USC. If you are thinking to use Korean Air, make sure you call and confirm hotel with them, or don't be suprised at Incheon that they didn't hold a room for you.

If you want to go through HKG, no visa is needed, just your US air ticket. My husband (K-3) came in to WA from HKG last year.

Is getting a S Korea visa difficult?

Not sure the process but you cat start here: http://www.travisas.com/main/visa_instruct...en=CN&Go=Go

Note: Going through Hong Kong is easier.

If I manage to get a one day flight through Korea, no visa will be required right?

Yes. I flew Korean Air some years ago and had a lay-over (for a few hours) in Seoul. As long as one doesn't exit the international transit area no visa is needed.

Never applied for a Korean visa, but given the large number of Chinese tourists visiting ROK nowadays, it should be easy if one lives in one of the major cities.

Hong Kong is easier. No permit is needed and a 7-day stay is granted automatically to Chinese passport holders in transit to another country.

Just last week I was looking for air tickets for our son to visit China.

I called Korean Air to make sure he could change planes in Seoul without a Korean transit visa. They assured me he could. (Not leaving the secured area is a given.)

However, my wife was still nervous about it. So, I spent a little more and got him United Airlines flights directly to & from Beijing.

It is pretty much agreed world wide that as long as you don't leave the airport you don't need a visa. My wife flew through Tokyo and had no problems at all. Just don't leave the international section of the airport and keep your passport and boarding passes close and you'll be okay.