Medical Examination

You are CR-1 NO appointment necessary, but can call and ask, the medical centers are first come first served.

List of approved medical centers will be in the interview packet "P4"

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...-8_-_May_20.pdf

I don't know if the Yang's are still in good favour here. But, they helped Li & her son get the medical exam. -Much appreciated.

The Yangs are always appreciated, they helped us too, in our case the medical center was closed for spring festival and only re-opened the day before our interview, the Yangs we very helpful getting us to the center when the center opened.

My wife lives in Shenzhen, so I am flying into Guangzhou. She will take the train there to meet me the week before her interview. We will be using the hospitol on the list thats in Guangzhou. So I will have her call ahead and make an appt just to be safe, even if it is first come first served. By the way ... for any CR-1s contemplating electronic processing ... its FAST!!

I got an e-mail 10:30 at night last week thursday and have been scrambling making flight plans and squaring away my personal time at work. I highly recommend anyone doing CR-1 opt in for electronic processing!

also keep in mind that the medical center at shamian (not sure about the others) closes for about 2 hours in the middle of the day, so there is basically a morning session and an afternoon session. you can call to get info on the exact time of the break, but if you go around noon (which we did) you'll probably have to wait an hour or so until it opens up again.

Another question ... sort of off topic ... when I go to ACH can I take my cell phone? Not sure of the legality of it? Also, when my wife has her interview I am sure she will not be able to take her cell phone, but can I take mine and hold hers while I am waiting downstairs?

Just wanting to know if we should get a locker at the train station for phones before interview ...

Another question ... sort of off topic ... when I go to ACH can I take my cell phone? Not sure of the legality of it? Also, when my wife has her interview I am sure she will not be able to take her cell phone, but can I take mine and hold hers while I am waiting downstairs?

Just wanting to know if we should get a locker at the train station for phones before interview ...

you can take electronics into the main building of the consulate, including onto the floor with the coffee shop. anything not allowed to be taken into ACH you'll have to leave with the security people once you ascend to that floor. you'll take a number and use it to collect your belongings when you leave.

you can take electronics into the main building of the consulate, including onto the floor with the coffee shop. anything not allowed to be taken into ACH you'll have to leave with the security people once you ascend to that floor. you'll take a number and use it to collect your belongings when you leave.

Correct, I had to leave my PDA and Cell with security when I visited the consulate.