Ok, I just got off the phone with NVC. My K-1 was ELECTRONICALLY transfered to GUZ on Sept 2nd. As you can guess this makes me happy. The lady I talked to was very nice. I asked her about the electronic filing. She said that it is still random wether or not your file will be sent electronically or not, but that most are now being sent electronically. I think this is good news for everyone :D .

Robert

Ok, I just got off the phone with NVC. My K-1 was ELECTRONICALLY transfered to GUZ on Sept 2nd. As you can guess this makes me happy. The lady I talked to was very nice. I asked her about the electronic filing. She said that it is still random wether or not your file will be sent electronically or not, but that most are now being sent electronically. I think this is good news for everyone :D .

Robert

Might be good news. The real good news would be your physical files don't get stuck at customs. GUZ will wait for the physical files before they send out the P3.

Agreed, they have been sending the electronic file for years yet they always wait for the hard copy. I have always suspected that it is just an excuse to blame the delay on Chinese customs. I don't buy the excuse that it takes 6 weeks plus for any package to clear customs.

Agreed, they have been sending the electronic file for years yet they always wait for the hard copy. I have always suspected that it is just an excuse to blame the delay on Chinese customs. I don't buy the excuse that it takes 6 weeks plus for any package to clear customs.

yes K-1 has always been sent electrontic first, then paper file follows months later.

yes K-1 has always been sent electrontic first, then paper file follows months later.

Yep, this allows the consulate to start their name checks before the actual file is received.

If you call NVC or DOS ask if file was sent using "Safe-File"

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry506298

If your Visa Case number (from the NVC) starts with GUZ, then the consulate will wait for the hardcopy. regrdless of the electronic receipt.

Correct, I suspect it would start with GZO if it used Electronic processing.

If your Visa Case number (from the NVC) starts with GUZ, then the consulate will wait for the hardcopy. regrdless of the electronic receipt.

Correct, I suspect it would start with GZO if it used Electronic processing.

I was just wondering because I have noticed on the TIMELINE that some are sent from NVC and within a few weeks they have the P3 packet. I have a friend in Caifornia who's SO had here interview within 1.5 month's after left NVC. Just hoping but I know it might be December or Jan.