employment in the U.S.

NUWORLD

Hey is a question for the ones than might know??

Is there a labor law that says there should be a egual amount of

employees?

From other countrys?

The company i work seams to only hire spanish people.

We have about 90% spanish none speaking english.

4-5 white english skeaking and maybe the same for black.

And one Chinese ( My wife ) that also speaks english.

The reason i ask this question is because my wifes friend tried to get a job hear and she also speaks english.

But they hired another non speaking spanish person?

So now we are up to 91% spanish speaking only?

http://www.eeoc.gov/

National Origin Discrimination

It is illegal to discriminate against an individual because of birthplace, ancestry, culture, or linguistic characteristics common to a specific ethnic group.

http://www.eeoc.gov/abouteeo/overview_practices.html

employees?

From other countrys?

The reason i ask this question is because my wifes friend tried to get a job hear and she also speaks english.

Maybe the owner of your company is Spanish.

Companies discriminate all the time. Legal, illegal.....depends on the reasons. For example...if the Hispanic and the Chinese are equally qualified and the Hispanic will work for less money...the Chinese loses! Not illegal!

If the Hispanic and the Chinese are not equally qualified...lets say the Chinese has 10 years experience and the Hispanic has no experience...the Hispanic will work for less money and the company is willing to accept that they will need training...the Chinese loses! Not illegal!

If the the reason the company hires the Hispanic is because they have Hispanics on the payroll and they are afraid that hiring the Chinese will cause communication problems that will affect production...THAT is illegal! Good luck getting them to admit that is the reason...

Intentional discrimination is probably one of the hardest cases to prove...

If the

Companies discriminate all the time. Legal, illegal.....depends on the reasons. For example...if the Hispanic and the Chinese are equally qualified and the Hispanic will work for less money...the Chinese loses! Not illegal!

If the Hispanic and the Chinese are not equally qualified...lets say the Chinese has 10 years experience and the Hispanic has no experience...the Hispanic will work for less money and the company is willing to accept that they will need training...the Chinese loses! Not illegal!

If the the reason the company hires the Hispanic is because they have Hispanics on the payroll and they are afraid that hiring the Chinese will cause communication problems that will affect production...THAT is illegal! Good luck getting them to admit that is the reason...

Intentional discrimination is probably one of the hardest cases to prove...

If the

I'd be willing to bet this could be or is the question.

If the the reason the company hires the Hispanic is because they have Hispanics on the payroll and they are afraid that hiring the Chinese will cause communication problems that will affect production...THAT is illegal! Good luck getting them to admit that is the reason

But then again any time i need to fix a machine i need a translator to ask the operator of that machine what happen.

And to top it off.

the company has a wage freeze and has been for over a year now.

But they can some how pay to hire more Hispanics??

employees?

From other countrys?

Maybe the owner of your company is Spanish.

I think not :lol:

he is white USC.

I don't think anyone has to hire any specific percentage of any race, color, or creed. You can hire who ever you think will do the job.

Ok then i can understand that!

That still don't explain why we have 91% Hispanics that don't speak english.

The job opening was for someone to put filters into a box.

What made the Hispanic man more qualified for the job than the Chinese woman???.

As i said before, My wife also works in this same department and she has done this job before.

So if she can do it, Why did they hire the Hispanic man???

There could one or more of a million reasons. Work for lower pay. Friend of a current employee. Relative of a current employee. Perhaps he is a certified filter packer. :crazy: Stronger and able to also do other jobs. Perhaps he also has fork lift experience or other experience that would make him more versatile.

Not everything is outright discrimination. Some of it is just preference discrimination. If the hiring mangers preferences do not discriminate for any reason that is illegal, then they are free to do so.

Companies can discriminate against smokers, short people, tall people, fat people (as long as the fat person has not been listed as handicapped), your commute is too long to make you reliable, you aren't able to work other shifts, you don't have your own reliable transportation, you don't have enough work history, you don't have any work history, bad credit, no credit, criminal record, etc., etc.