Crumbling of America

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Liuling

I saw this a few months back,but it almost sounded a bit like anti america crap,because the next episode that came on after that,was "mega disasters", what would "America" look like if there was a drought,a global warming etc,etc....and of course i got the feeling...what? this could only happen to big bad America....like the Global warming propaganda film some years back "the day after tomorrow",and of course one had to laugh when big bad America is now being punished for polluting the world...but Mexico did not get affected at all by this global warming.Back to this show,yeah there are some Bridges in need of repair,some roads in need of repair,but they picked out a few bad bridges out of hundreds of bridges in America that are in fine condition.

Fear sells just like sex.

The Stimulus Package, that Obama put through, has been working across the country (even in Oregon)! I have never seen such a massive road and bridge building effort in every state across this land. Another observation was the many many trucks carrying windmill parts. I have never seen so many windmills in operation. I bet there are even a few in Bandon, OR! All of this has created jobs and has added to the economy. I guess the Roosevelt way really does work.

Guest Tony n Terrific

I saw this a few months back,but it almost sounded a bit like anti america crap,because the next episode that came on after that,was "mega disasters", what would "America" look like if there was a drought,a global warming etc,etc....and of course i got the feeling...what? this could only happen to big bad America....like the Global warming propaganda film some years back "the day after tomorrow",and of course one had to laugh when big bad America is now being punished for polluting the world...but Mexico did not get affected at all by this global warming.Back to this show,yeah there are some Bridges in need of repair,some roads in need of repair,but they picked out a few bad bridges out of hundreds of bridges in America that are in fine condition.

Fear sells just like sex.

The Stimulus Package, that Obama put through, has been working across the country (even in Oregon)! I have never seen such a massive road and bridge building effort in every state across this land. Another observation was the many many trucks carrying windmill parts. I have never seen so many windmills in operation. I bet there are even a few in Bandon, OR! All of this has created jobs and has added to the economy. I guess the Roosevelt way really does work.

FDR bought the Keynesian Theory lock stock and barrel. Many people of FDR's day thought he was the new Moses of America as he led the American people to have confidence in themselve once again and out of the Depressin. When WW2 broke out it ended the Great Depression in the US because the government put 15 million men in uniform and the war effort required men who did not go into the service the 4Fers and 3A1s work a 6 -7 day work schedule and woman to become Rosie the riverter. This is what ended the Great Depression in the US.

This is the legacy of the Keynesian Theory.

"Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel " pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the promised land".

Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said, " Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the promised land".

Now the government has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of camels, and mortgaged the promised land.

Edited by Tony n Terrific (see edit history)

This is moving towards politics. Please keep it on track.

It seems that a lot of the stimulus money is spent dealing with politics

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/19351

A sleepy Montana checkpoint along the Canadian border that sees about three travelers a day will get $15 million under President Barack Obama's economic stimulus plan. A government priority list ranked the project as marginal, but two powerful Democratic senators persuaded the administration to make it happen.

My point in posting this is it seems who ever is in power (in washington)seems to have the ability to decide where money will be spent. And it does not have anything to do with what the greatest need is. This is why everything is in the mess it is. If this is too political delete....

Guest Liuling

How can this thread not be political? It is politicians that caused the whole mess to begin with :lol:

It is not political, warpedone, when the signs along I-5 in OR, where renovation is taking place read, "Jobs provided by the Stimulus Package". Perhaps the politicians in OR are liars and the money is going to OR politicians instead.

...All of this has created jobs and has added to the economy. I guess the Roosevelt way really does work.

The Roosevelt way caused the depression of the 1930's to last LONGER... as opposed to the worse depression of the 1920's... which we rarely read about today - because the government stayed out of the way and let our great system reset...

...All of this has created jobs and has added to the economy. I guess the Roosevelt way really does work.

The Roosevelt way caused the depression of the 1930's to last LONGER... as opposed to the worse depression of the 1920's... which we rarely read about today - because the government stayed out of the way and let our great system reset...

The thing that ended the Great Depression was called World War II ... I think we don't want to repeat that. It stimulated alot of goverment spending for weapsons though. Also recall that it was followed by a major recession as the economy turned off the war production.

Guest Tony n Terrific

How can this thread not be political? It is politicians that caused the whole mess to begin with :)

It is not political, warpedone, when the signs along I-5 in OR, where renovation is taking place read, "Jobs provided by the Stimulus Package". Perhaps the politicians in OR are liars and the money is going to OR politicians instead.

Who is benefiting from the stimulus plan?

http://money.cnn.com/2009/09/02/news/econo...sion=2009090214

Guest Tony n Terrific

Chicken Little is clucking again. Time to get with the program.

We need more windmills (for tipping).

We need more solar panels (for roof shade).

We need plug-in electric mobiles (just 'cause they's cool).

Forget that stuff buried in the ground ya can't see.

The San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge is likely to remain closed at least a day longer than expected as crews race to repair a significant crack in a steel link that holds up part of the span, a state transportation official said Sunday.

http://news.aol.com/article/san-francisco-...dge-in%2F657761

Chicken Little is clucking again. Time to get with the program.

We need more windmills (for tipping).

We need more solar panels (for roof shade).

We need plug-in electric mobiles (just 'cause they's cool).

Forget that stuff buried in the ground ya can't see.

The San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge is likely to remain closed at least a day longer than expected as crews race to repair a significant crack in a steel link that holds up part of the span, a state transportation official said Sunday.

http://news.aol.com/article/san-francisco-...dge-in%2F657761

What a lousy and lazy report from the AP. First question, was this crack on the part being moved into place as a bypass or is it part of the original 73 year old bridge, and second thier wording on the "colapse" makes it sound a hell of a lot worse than it really was. One section from the upper deck fell onto the second deck.

Over all, I give the AP story a C-.

What a lousy and lazy report from the AP. First question, was this crack on the part being moved into place as a bypass or is it part of the original 73 year old bridge, and second thier wording on the "colapse" makes it sound a hell of a lot worse than it really was. One section from the upper deck fell onto the second deck.

Friday was the first time the bridge was closed on a workday since part of it collapsed in a devastating 1989 earthquake.

California transportation workers have used the closure this weekend to conduct a top-to-bottom inspection of the bridge.

The last such inspection was in 2007, and the crack likely appeared since then, Ney said. He said he did not believe it was related to the construction project.

??!?

Friday was the first time the bridge was closed on a workday since part of it collapsed in a devastating 1989 earthquake.

California transportation workers have used the closure this weekend to conduct a top-to-bottom inspection of the bridge.

The last such inspection was in 2007, and the crack likely appeared since then, Ney said. He said he did not believe it was related to the construction project.

??!?

My bad, I over looked the line about it not being part of the construction. So I'll raise the story to a B.