Sen. Ted Kennedy Dies

Guest Tony n Terrific

Happy to see he aint getting a pay check anymore.

If it wasn't for Kennedy, your SO will still be in China. Not nice of you to say this comment after his death.

----------------------------------------

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/20...migration_N.htm

"In 1965, Kennedy had been in the Senate less than three years. His party's leaders gave him the job of pushing a bill to eliminate the quota system that had made it virtually impossible for anyone from anywhere but western Europe to immigrate to the USA."

Edited by tonado (see edit history)

If it wasn't for Kennedy, your SO will still be in China. Not nice of you to say this comment after his death.

----------------------------------------

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/20...migration_N.htm

"In 1965, Kennedy had been in the Senate less than three years. His party's leaders gave him the job of pushing a bill to eliminate the quota system that had made it virtually impossible for anyone from anywhere but western Europe to immigrate to the USA."

Like I said :lol:

Tasteless, not that MJ was in the same class with Teddy,he wasn't. I protested heavly when folks made fun of him when he died.

Let the Mr Kennedy rest in peace, you too will go one day... would you want someone to say "Happy to see he aint getting a pay check anymore" when you go?? :lol: ? Doesn't matter if he was a Democrat or a member of the GOP, he was an American first. And he was loved by many, even across the aisle.

The Kennedy's were great for this country. They were human and they cared about the common man, the people who couldn't stand up for themselves or defend themselves, maybe some didn't care for that fact, but they were good for this country. Teddy wasn't perfect neither were his brothers, but who is? But they were good for this country and the world for that matter. We might be an extension of Russia today if Jack didn't stand up to Kruschev in the 60's.

It saddened my morning to hear Ted Kennedy had passed. He suffered this last year with cancer, he fought the brave fight.

RIP Senator Kennedy.

Rest in Peace.

i wrote to him shortly after his brother bobby died [ 9 years old then ] . he sent me two photos . one of jfk and family easter 63' , and one of bobby . you may not have agreed with his politics , but i thought it was a very kind thing for the man to do so soon after he lost his 2nd brother to a assassin's bullet . nobody needs to be shot over their political view. rest in peace teddy

The Worcester Telegram, a paper in central Massachusetts, interviewed many people yesterday that had met or had there lives affected by Senator Kennedy. This one stood out to me. I thought we could use a few more citizens like this kid, a State Trooper and a Physician¡¯s Assistant too.

[state Trooper Edward Ye had the opportunity to shake hands with Sen. Kennedy on a few occasions but the two never spoke more than a few words, and the senator went to his grave never knowing that the spit-and-polished Asian man was named for him.

In late 1963, Mr. Ye's father was living in Rochester, N.Y., and was about to move to a new job as an electrical engineer at Mitre Corp. in Bedford, a U.S. Department of Defense contractor. It became clear that without the proper security clearances the Ye family would be sent back to China since the government was suspicious of the communist regime there.

But after hearing of their plight, Mr. Kennedy helped secure the proper clearances and helped Mr. Ye's father gain U.S. citizenship. They named their son after him. Most other troopers at the Brookfield Barracks where he works, and the staff at Baystate Mary Lane Hospital in Ware, where he is a physician's assistant, know him as Ed. But to his family he's Ted or Teddy.]

Tasteless, not that MJ was in the same class with Teddy,he wasn't. I protested heavly when folks made fun of him when he died.

Let the Mr Kennedy rest in peace, you too will go one day... would you want someone to say "Happy to see he aint getting a pay check anymore" when you go?? :P ? Doesn't matter if he was a Democrat or a member of the GOP, he was an American first. And he was loved by many, even across the aisle.

The Kennedy's were great for this country. They were human and they cared about the common man, the people who couldn't stand up for themselves or defend themselves, maybe some didn't care for that fact, but they were good for this country. Teddy wasn't perfect neither were his brothers, but who is? But they were good for this country and the world for that matter. We might be an extension of Russia today if Jack didn't stand up to Kruschev in the 60's.

It saddened my morning to hear Ted Kennedy had passed. He suffered this last year with cancer, he fought the brave fight.

RIP Senator Kennedy.

Rest in Peace.

The Kennedy's were the closest thing to royalty the United States ever had.

I didn't agree with alot of his views but I respected his position and time in the senate. Looking beyond partisan lines, Ted Kennedy was a great man who did alot of great things for the American people. He will be missed.