October Interview Group

• 3 weeks later...

Interview set for October 20th

The consulate received our package way back in January, they sent her the P3 and she returned it. Unfortunately, she didn't fill out a form for her daughter so it got sent back to her. She filled out the form for her daughter and sent it back to the consulate within a week (by now it was February), and that is where we were stuck.

She would call the immigration hotline in China and was told that they received her returned documents and were still conducting background checks. I would call the immigration hotline in the US and their files didn't even show that she had answered the P3! So we didn't know what was going on.

Finally I e-mailed the consulate using some electronic form I found, and was told to expect an answer in 3-5 business days. Got an answer in like 12 HOURS and was told "will schedule her and her child for a visa interview within 1-2 months.". Wasn't sure if that meant in October they would decide when the interview will be (3-6 weeks later), or that the interview would be in October.

This week she got the letter telling her the interview is October 20th!

We have our interview OCT 20 7:15 AM.

Her son will not be comming with her and we did not fill out any forms for him but the letter we received lists him as one of the beneficiaries besides my fiance.

Is this common or shoul I call GUZ?

This is common in K-Visa cases when you list child on the I-129F.

No need to contact anyone, later if it is decided to bring son to the USA you can start a K-2or4 follow-to-join within 1 year of parent's getting a K-1or3 visa.

We have our interview OCT 20 7:15 AM.

Her son will not be comming with her and we did not fill out any forms for him but the letter we received lists him as one of the beneficiaries besides my fiance.

Is this common or shoul I call GUZ?

This is common in K-Visa cases when you list child on the I-129F.

No need to contact anyone, later if it is decided to bring son to the USA you can start a K-2or4 follow-to-join within 1 year of parent's getting a K-1or3 visa.

Thank You

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We got PINK!

I don't have all the details yet. I told her to turn her phone off when the interview starts so when I tried calling her I wouldn't interrupt the interview if it happened to be going on. I called at noon thinking the interview should be over, but the phone was off. At 12:15 I was able to reach her and she said she just got done with the interview and was going back to the hotel to check out.

She said she was asked 'too many questions', and hopefully when she e-mails me tomorrow I can provide a list of some of the questions she was asked. She did say she needed to have our letters translated. I had given her some samples of our letters in English, but either they wanted them also translated into Chinese, or else she had also provided her own sample letters so she needs those translated from Chinese to English.

We got PINK!

I don't have all the details yet. I told her to turn her phone off when the interview starts so when I tried calling her I wouldn't interrupt the interview if it happened to be going on. I called at noon thinking the interview should be over, but the phone was off. At 12:15 I was able to reach her and she said she just got done with the interview and was going back to the hotel to check out.

She said she was asked 'too many questions', and hopefully when she e-mails me tomorrow I can provide a list of some of the questions she was asked. She did say she needed to have our letters translated. I had given her some samples of our letters in English, but either they wanted them also translated into Chinese, or else she had also provided her own sample letters so she needs those translated from Chinese to English.

Congratulations£¡ :D

We got PINK!

More details posted in this thread:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39076

• 2 weeks later...