Long wait, but worth it for PINK!

The K-1 process took us 15 months from when we started it until the interview.

My fiance is training her replacement at work (office job) so she doesn't have access to a computer as much as she did before since the trainee is also using the computer. So the details I have here is what I could gather from speaking to her on the phone.

Her interview time was 7:15, but I told her that getting in line by 6:40 won't do any good because many people arrive before then so the interview still would not be until probably 10:30-11:00. So she decided to go even earlier at 6.

She got in line at around 6 AM and was the 7th person in line. She said the people behind her were 'crazy', which sounds like people were trying to push their way up the line or to a better position in line. And all the paperwork she had to bring with her was getting heavy to carry. Got inside at 9:30, interview started at 11:40 and lasted over 20 minutes. She said most people seemed to be getting Pink, and most interviews were much shorter than hers was.

Her 5-year old daughter was with, so the 'little one' was always causing 'trouble', especially during the interview when she was chattering while the mother was trying to think of the answers for what the VO was asking her.

Some of the many questions:

-How many times has he visited you?

-How long did he stay when he visited you?

-What city does he live in?

It must be the way he was wording this, but she did not understand what he was asking so he had to ask it several times. I don't know if she eventually got what he was asking or if they just moved on, but she knew the answer.

-What state does he live in?

She forgot. I know I have told her, but it was when we first started communicating over two years ago so she simply forgot, or was getting confused remembering it with the all the other states I have mentioned since then when talking about where my sister lives (and recently moved to another state), and where my other relatives live, and my parent's cross-country tripS this summer.

-How can you prove the daughter is yours?

She then provided the birth certificate and/or said the immigration has the birth certificate.

-Are you planning on having any more children?

She told them how many she wanted then pointed to a letter where I stated how many children I was hoping to eventually have.

At this point he asked her to read some of the letters out loud (in English). He then asked her to translate the letters into Chinese. I'm guessing this was testing how well she can read english, and if she can comprehend what she is reading (so she is able to translate).

He also asked her several other questions about the letters, and what was written in them. I would guess he was making sure that it really was us that were writing the letters to each other.

Looked at the photos.

He saw her ring (wearing it at the interview) and asked if it was from me and if it was from my proposal (it was), so he looked at that.

-Why did you get divorced?

Her ex's gambling. His drinking also caused other problems.

-How much did he gamble?

They lost most of their assets and money because of his gambling.

-Why have you not re-married yet?

"Because I love my fiance, Bryan and want to marry him."

-They asked the daughter if the father knows that she is coming to the US.

The daughter did not understand the question so the mother answered for her, and told the VO that she did not tell the father for fear that the father might do something bad.

-At the end he asked her in English what time it was (noon) and she did not understand what he was asking until he asked her in Cantonese. It sounds like she did not know he could speak Cantonese until then.

Then he brought out the Pink slip!

Edited by bamspeedy (see edit history)