What to expect from here?

Ok I have Kiled the K-1 and have got a reciept number to track with.

What can I expect from here on besides long periods of time where my file seems to sit in a pile in the corner of some building...:P

I have been looking at timelines and it seems like it is getting closer to a 12 month wait then a 10 month wait.

My silly lawyer seems to think 5-6 months. I dont think he knows the China delay.

Why do papers sometimes seem to sit in customs for 2-3 months once they get to China.

Also the lawyer did nto seem to think it was a big deal to have her address in Chinese character in section 16. I included a K-1 witht he address in Chinses but he used the one his Office generated to file. Anyone think this will be a problem? Can I Email the Chinese address to them?

Thanks in advance for the help

Robert

Hello Robert. Now that you have filed, you can relax for a few months. Seems to take about 4 or 5 months for the NOA 2. Notice of Action. After that maybe a couple of months until you get an interview. No can predict the Visa process, just take an education guess, like the weather. Good luck to you and your SO.

Ok I have Kiled the K-1 and have got a reciept number to track with.

What can I expect from here on besides long periods of time where my file seems to sit in a pile in the corner of some building...:(

I have been looking at timelines and it seems like it is getting closer to a 12 month wait then a 10 month wait.

My silly lawyer seems to think 5-6 months. I dont think he knows the China delay.

Why do papers sometimes seem to sit in customs for 2-3 months once they get to China.

Also the lawyer did nto seem to think it was a big deal to have her address in Chinese character in section 16. I included a K-1 witht he address in Chinses but he used the one his Office generated to file. Anyone think this will be a problem? Can I Email the Chinese address to them?

Thanks in advance for the help

Robert

I did not see what service center you used, I sent mine to Vermont and got mine approved on August 18. 131 days. As of yet it is not at NVC but I will keep checking. I am trying to find out how they will send it to GUZ. Hang in there, it will be over soon enough.

Robert

Guest Wuhan4me

Robert - which Service Center mailed you the NOA-1 ?

or - take a look at the NOA-1 - does it say 'Vermont' or 'California' in either the letterhead or postmark?

If you had your K-1 sent to california for processing, historically, that center is faster than Vermont.

Also, your silly lawyer may be right about the time span, if in fact your casefile is sent electronically via SafeFile from NVC to GUZ, AND IF the service center handling your petition is, indeed, in California.

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)