Delivery of Visa

From what I've read on here, I'm assuming that the visa is usually ready by the 3rd day but no guarantees.

My question is; Does the post office call you when it's ready or are you suppose to go and check yourself on the 3rd day?

I read in one of the posts that they received their visa the following day. We are not expecting to be that lucky but I would assume they knew it was ready the next day because the post office contacted them.

I even read some threads where they said the delivery guy called them. So it seems as though some are delivered and some must be picked up at the post office.

Could someone please shed a light on this?

Guest Wuhan4me

From what I've read here from the boots on the ground fellas

If it's going to the POST OFFICE for pickup, then NO.

If it's going to any other address, then YES. YMMV, though, GREATLY.

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

Reading the board and the archives, the visa cannot be mailed outside Guangdong province. For other provinces, Is staying in Guangzhou the only option?

Reading the board and the archives, the visa cannot be mailed outside Guangdong province. For other provinces, Is staying in Guangzhou the only option?

Some have the packet sent to a third party in Guangzhou or Guangdong province, and then the third party sends it to you.

Some have Used Mr Yang at the TianYu Gardens to do this.

His contact info is here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=416175

Some have the packet sent to a third party in Guangzhou or Guangdong province, and then the third party sends it to you.

Some have Used Mr Yang at the TianYu Gardens to do this.

His contact info is here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=416175

As usual you are the man- Great Idea thanks- I hope we get the chance to use Mr Yang

Edited by hopelives (see edit history)

It's easy to call the post office just be prepared for lots of menus and wait time but we called next day a couple times and first thing second morning it was ready. It was a walk from the apartment we stay about 10 minutes I was completely lost but she found it. A very nice po. And the visa handout lady has her own little office and very polite

It's easy to call the post office just be prepared for lots of menus and wait time but we called next day a couple times and first thing second morning it was ready. It was a walk from the apartment we stay about 10 minutes I was completely lost but she found it. A very nice po. And the visa handout lady has her own little office and very polite

Just wondering. What happens if your third day falls on a Sunday? Is the Chinese post office open for pickup on Sunday? I know it closes early on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

just track on EMS

Do we have to get an EMS label ourselves or will there be one available at the Consulate?

After you interview and leave the interviewing area, the post office has a table set up for you to pay them the fee, you get the tracking number there when you pay the fee.